Taiwan circling South China Sea bait

Taiwan circling South China Sea bait

There are 2 comments on the Asia Times story from Jun 12, 2012, titled Taiwan circling South China Sea bait. In it, Asia Times reports that:

Taiwan circling South China Sea bait By Jens Kastner TAIPEI - With mainland China and Taiwan clinging to all but identical territorial claims, Beijing has offered Taipei a chance to jointly explore resource-rich waters in the South China Sea at the expense of other claimants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asia Times.

Kit Guerrero

Bagumbayan, Philippines

#1 Jun 12, 2012
All over the nation yesterday, vibrant Philippine flags were raised in different places - Malolos Bulacan, Kawit Cavite, Rizal Park (where huge statues of two national heroes stand, Lapu-Lapu and Jose Rizal), etc. Such emblems were lifted up just about everywhere throughout the Philippine territories, except where they are needed the most:
Mischief Reef and Scarborough Shoal. The first is just 80 nautical miles off the coast of Palawan;
the second, only 120 nautical miles from Masinloc, Zambales. Both are well within the 200 nautical mile Exclusive Economic Zone of the Philippines. And both are over 500 nautical miles from the nearest Chinese coast.

This prayer is in protest over the Chinese government’s continuing intrusion and occupation of
Mischief Reef and Scarborough Shoal (in gross violation of International Law),
on the occasion of the 114th Anniversary of Philippine Independence.

A Prayer for China:‘Mouths Be Opened!’

In the Name of the Bread of Life
the Creator of heaven and earth,
I pray that China may be great again
by obeying the will of Heaven.

I pray - in the Name of the Light of the world,
the One who said,‘Let there be light,’ and it was so - unto the land where paper and printing were invented, that no law shall be passed or allowed abridging the freedom of the press.

In the Name of the Door
the One who spoke the heavens into existence,
I hope and pray that the children of Tibet and Xinjiang may smile and laugh and dance again
exercising their God-given freedom of expression.

Is anything too hard for the Lord?
Is His arm too short?
Is God a man that He should lie?
In all these I say,'Nay!'
and that is why I continue for you, China, to pray:

That your coasts and corals, your beach sands and seashells may no longer be silent, but freely proclaim the True Vine, anointed to bring good news to the poor;
That in the land of herbs and acupuncture
Emmanuel, the Good Shepherd, the Ancient of Days
may heal all your brokenhearted.

Let there be no more delay:
Silk Road, be opened!
Let the Way proclaim liberty to your captives;
Mountains of Hunan, come forth!
Let the Truth declare freedom to your prisoners.

Mighty River Yangtze, I declare and decree
freedom of speech unto you!
And unto all your surrounding farms and cities,
Yes, even unto all your tongues and tribes,
and in the Name of the Resurrection and the Life,
Let me prophesy this unto you, China:
Mouths be opened!

Kit Guerrero
LI XIAO POO

Melbourne, Australia

#2 Jun 12, 2012
Mainland China's position on Taiwan is crystal clear: there is only one China and that Taiwan is part of China; the People's Republic of China will achieve reunification of the island and mainland. Taiwan cannot claim independence as a distinct State.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taipei, Taiwan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Taiwan's Mandela' announces presidential bid 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 2
News Learning German as a foreign language May 21 TW_sugar_daddio 11
News European companies interested in Taiwan's subma... May 21 TW_sugar_daddio 3
News Rotary Club of Millbrae Presents Discussion Wit... May 20 TW_sugar_daddio 6
News TAIPEI: Cultural insensitivity makes Taiwan a l... May 19 TW_sugar_daddio 2
Urgent need to protect our flora heritage May 11 Randy Kerr 1
http://www.luzernecounty.org/ May 7 mike 1
More from around the web