Filipinos attacked with baseball bats...

Filipinos attacked with baseball bats in Taiwan

There are 15 comments on the ABS-CBN News story from May 17, 2013, titled Filipinos attacked with baseball bats in Taiwan. In it, ABS-CBN News reports that:

Two overseas Filipino workers in Taiwan have been attacked by unidentified assailants armed with baseball bats, the Philippines' top official to Taipei said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABS-CBN News.

Nanjing massacure

Thailand

#1 May 19, 2013
It kill our Chinese .Attack more.
Taiwanese

Edmonton, Canada

#2 May 19, 2013
No. No violence against anyone. Important to respect human lives. We are civilised and must not repeat the violent mistakes committed by some Filipino people/coast guard.

No "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Absolutely unacceptable.

It is no good to do anything drastic to local or foreign people.

Taiwanese people are law-abiding. If this really happened, it was done only by one or 2 stupid individuals. As a whole the society of Taiwan is merciful, more so than the Philippines.

We must be proud to maintain this tradition. We are good Buddists and Taoists!!! We are a people with a long history & great civilisation!!!

I heard of the story. But it is still a rumour spread by someone.

No one shows me any evidence or news report yet.

All sides must be calm!!!
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#3 May 19, 2013
Taiwanese wrote:
No. No violence against anyone. Important to respect human lives. We are civilised and must not repeat the violent mistakes committed by some Filipino people/coast guard.
Taiwanese people are law-abiding. If this really happened, it was done only by one or 2 stupid individuals. As a whole the society of Taiwan is merciful, more so than the Philippines.
We must be proud to maintain this tradition. We are good Buddists and Taoists!!! We are a people with a long history & great civilisation!!!
The medical record of the injuries are solid evidence.

Meanwhile I advice the Philippine Government to make a formal diplomatic protest for talk show in Taiwan TV where this 'know-all' and 'racist-supremacists' "Talking Salivas" calls your country " Pirate Country' and the 'Somalia of Asia'.

It's easy to know the host and guests and TV channels who are insulting ALL of the Philippines for a crime committed by a few.

These 'Talking Salivas' are fomenting hatred to all Filipinos and cause civil unrest due to racial tensions here.

Better for the RP government to sue these "Talking Salivas".

sarswan

Beijing, China

#4 May 19, 2013
Taiwanese wrote:
1 RUMOR? they already got an evidence~~ you sarswan bug
2.Mercy? Ha...ha....People with the virtue of mercy going mad and insulting
against some countries, especially Korean, as far as i observe in
the stupid baseball match.
3.long history? HAHA sarswan has ever had something like history?
Aha...the historic record of colonial state!! the colony
of portugal, holland, China's Qing, Jap, U.S~~~ and so
on...
4. Maintain the tradition? how far???? your small island will soon fall
under the red decendents of MAO!!!!!
sarswan

Beijing, China

#5 May 19, 2013
sarswanese calls pinoy the somalia of Asia?? haha

i got one good nick name for sarswan too!!

THE GYPSY OF ASIA!!! HOW ABOUT THIS? SINCE TAIWAN HAS ALL BEEN DOMINATED AND RULED BY FORIEGN POWERS!!!! NOT HAVING ITS OWN COUNTRY!!!!
Odin of Ossetia

Surrey, Canada

#6 May 20, 2013
The best thing that can happen to Taiwan is if China takes it over under its direct rule.

And I mean direct CCP rule, not some extensive autonomy like Hong Kong and Macau.

Taiwan's male population has been downgraded and dominated in their own country/renegade province by the Anglos, and other Westerners, Japanese, and South Koreans. Taiwanese men need to import foreign brides now, including from the Philippines.

That situation would simply not happen under the CCP.

Taiwanese men, watch out! If that escalates you will not be able to get any Filippinas!

Simon Salas

Taichung, Taiwan

#7 May 20, 2013
Odin of Ossetia wrote:
The best thing that can happen to Taiwan is if China takes it over under its direct rule.
And I mean direct CCP rule, not some extensive autonomy like Hong Kong and Macau.
Taiwan's male population has been downgraded and dominated in their own country/renegade province by the Anglos, and other Westerners, Japanese, and South Koreans. Taiwanese men need to import foreign brides now, including from the Philippines.
That situation would simply not happen under the CCP.
Taiwanese men, watch out! If that escalates you will not be able to get any Filippinas!
ROC-RP have a long history of friendly and good relations .
The Honorable Fidel V. Ramos will soon meet with former VP Lien Chan and all these dusts will soon be blown all over.
HappyFilipino

Manila, Philippines

#8 May 22, 2013
See how stupid some Taiwanese are! Thank God im a Filipino! IM PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO! Sone Taiwanese are over Reacting! Some taiwanese are telling filipinos are uneducated! Who are now uneducated?! shame on u! Haha over reacting!
Simon Salas

Taichung, Taiwan

#9 May 22, 2013
HappyFilipino wrote:
See how stupid some Taiwanese are! Thank God im a Filipino! IM PROUD TO BE A FILIPINO! Sone Taiwanese are over Reacting! Some taiwanese are telling filipinos are uneducated! Who are now uneducated?! shame on u! Haha over reacting!
they r not overreacting. that's the way politics works here especially the dpp. since the ph is a very close nbor, they though that this is also a local event. don't misjudge.
HappyFilipino

Manila, Philippines

#10 May 22, 2013
Taiwanese are the one who are judging innocent filipino working in your country! For all the taiwanese who are over reacting and hurting innocent filipino THINK FIRST BEFORE YOU REACT use your mind!
HappyFilipino

Manila, Philippines

#11 May 22, 2013
Timm Maddog wrote:
<quoted text>
The medical record of the injuries are solid evidence.
Meanwhile I advice the Philippine Government to make a formal diplomatic protest for talk show in Taiwan TV where this 'know-all' and 'racist-supremacists' "Talking Salivas" calls your country " Pirate Country' and the 'Somalia of Asia'.
It's easy to know the host and guests and TV channels who are insulting ALL of the Philippines for a crime committed by a few.
These 'Talking Salivas' are fomenting hatred to all Filipinos and cause civil unrest due to racial tensions here.
Better for the RP government to sue these "Talking Salivas".
Oh really? Many incedent happened hurting innocent
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#14 May 22, 2013
HappyFilipino wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really? Many incedent happened hurting innocent
You must have been fooled by the picture of a mob in Xinjiang, China AKA Peoples Republic of China circulated in Manila.

There was one incident of violence in Yung Kang and another in the north. But the reason for the criminal act in the latter was not related to the current row.

So far that's it.

On the other hand many Taiwanese showed their love and support for the Filipino workers here.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archiv...

It's better to filter the massive info. in the www. to avoid hurtin yar health by the strong emotions that such misinformation brings to yar heart.

Anger is bad for yar health. It might give you hypertension and stroke.
HappyFilipino

Philippines

#15 May 22, 2013
Some filipinos in working in Taiwan where hurt and harrassed by some idot taiwanese! They wer interviewed by our meia.. Im hoping that no more filipino would love to work in taiwan
Timm Maddog

Tainan, Taiwan

#16 May 22, 2013
HappyFilipino wrote:
Some filipinos in working in Taiwan where hurt and harrassed by some idot taiwanese! They wer interviewed by our meia.. Im hoping that no more filipino would love to work in taiwan
You will be bloody disappointed, mate!
HappyFilipino

Philippines

#17 May 22, 2013
Hay taiwan .. Burado n kau sa mapa soon.. Gusto ko pa din maging pilipino kahit na maraming trahedya sa pinas.. Dahil sa sobrang ibang ugali ng mga pilipino nanatilivpa rin humble ang pilipino.. Kahit na kinukutya ng ibang lahi chillax pa din ang pilipino. Sobrang thankful ako at pilipino ako buti na lang d ako napunta sa iabng lagi.. Ewan ko pa kung maintndhn m p to epal na taiwanese.. Adios idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Taipei, Taiwan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Finding talent top headache for German firms in... 1 hr TW_sugar_daddio 1
News Hundreds of people mobbed Taiwan's capital to c... Thu TW_sugar_daddio 4
News The 10 best airports in Asia Aug 23 TW_sugar_daddio 1
News Taiwan's Plastics Machinery Sector Sets Sights ... Aug 22 TW_sugar_daddio 2
News 4 soldiers dead as tank plunges into river in T... Aug 22 TW_sugar_daddio 9
Firm relocations to bolster KaohsiungÂ’s balance... Aug 17 TW_sugar_daddio 3
6 things that make a military coup successful..... Aug 16 TW_sugar_daddio 3
More from around the web