TOKYO: Japan urges peaceful action from China, Taiwan

Sep 26, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asia News Network

In response to recent moves by China and Taiwan, Japan plans to reiterate the legitimacy of its position on the Senkaku Islands at an annual UN meeting and other occasions while calling for cooler heads to prevail.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Curse of Ilan Isle graves

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

if we follow japanese logic that there is no territorial dispute in tiauyutai because japan has effective control then there is also no dispute that dokdo belongs to korea and the northern kurile isles is russian land.

these imperial mentality is the curse of the japanese nation.
Kim Park

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

The statement by Japan PM Noda at the UN that there will be no compromise regarding Diauyutai or Senkaku is an open declaration of war against China.

Japan have effectively put China in a corner.

Tokyo certainly cannot try this open slap in the face with Seoul because Koreans are not cowards and we back our words with our fist!
Timm Maddog

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Very interesting read on PM Noda's UN demands and declarations.

First he said that no territorial dispute exists in the Senkakus and Japan won't compromise and then he said that Japan is willing to let the IC hear the Dokdo case.

Hhhmmmm, I must be missing something here but then again that's for the PRC to figure out.

Beijing consistently acts like a roaring dragon to Taiwan but turns chicken that farts when confronted by Japan!

China aims 2000 missiles to the ROC, Taiwan but only sends marine fishery boats on holiday leave very far from Tiauyutai.

Next superpower eh?

The Diayu/Senkaku tussle in now emerging as Nanjing Massacre Part 2.
Michael Turtle

Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

Taiwan has been very good to me, giving me a rich and pretty Taiwanese wife from Lugang, have a respected Universuty job, treated like a celebrity with my blogging and biking and TV appearences, I still insist that the Diauyu is really Senkaku since it belongs to Japan.

I'm a historian so it's clear that Taiwan and China only claims the islands during the 70's .
I can't say anything about events during the 1800's because I's not born at that time yet.

Though Taiwanese treat me real good here I insist on publicly declaring that they are stupid in claiming the Senkakus .

Taiwan military is weak and have no chance against Japanese military supported by American marines.

Don't Taiwanese get that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••