Wellington valedictorian sets aside c...

Wellington valedictorian sets aside career in law for shot at p...

There are 45 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 25, 2006, titled Wellington valedictorian sets aside career in law for shot at p.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Vanessa, one day you'll meet your Waterloo ... Mom warned Vanessa Rousso nine years ago, when she aced Wellington Landings Middle School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SOFLA LOVER

Miami, FL

#1 Oct 25, 2006
HOLY SH** SHE'S HOT!!!
Dumb Dog Player

Boynton Beach, FL

#2 Oct 25, 2006
What a waste of life, playing poker with a bunch of losers. Why would anybody want to surround themselves with that sector of society? Poker is all about getting the right cards, luck, nothing else. Pro Poker that is, anybody can bluff a scared RAT.
tonysoprano72

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Oct 25, 2006
Dumb Dog Player wrote:
What a waste of life, playing poker with a bunch of losers. Why would anybody want to surround themselves with that sector of society? Poker is all about getting the right cards, luck, nothing else. Pro Poker that is, anybody can bluff a scared RAT.
Spoken like a true 9-5er
Melissa

United States

#5 Oct 25, 2006
Beautiful and Smart - every man's worst nightmare! People will probably even say she slept with so and so to get where she is. You go girl!!
SOFLA LOVER

Miami, FL

#7 Oct 25, 2006
Melissa wrote:
Beautiful and Smart - every man's worst nightmare! People will probably even say she slept with so and so to get where she is. You go girl!!
Now melissa, why would you say a thing like that?? sounds like YOU slept with so and so to get ahead and your jealous. especially since poker is a "it's all up to you" card game.
AcesHigh

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Oct 25, 2006
Dumb Dog Player wrote:
Isn't thats what life's all about??? Gambles, taking chances, winning some, losing some. It's all about doing what really makes you happy without stepping on someone eleses toes. Besides, with a pending law career, she's already got a ace in the hole!
abc

Miami, FL

#9 Oct 25, 2006
PERFECTION AT ITS FINEST, she's smart, gorgeous, plays poker, AND can call your bluff...so let the hating begin from all the pessimists.
Nice

Lake Worth, FL

#10 Oct 25, 2006
I want to go all in
Higher Power

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Oct 25, 2006
Is she still available...( Mom )

I'm still single at 29...

Looking for that right person...
Lauderdale

Miami, FL

#12 Oct 25, 2006
Duke is not an Ivy League school.

Did she party with the lacrosse team?
Becca

West Palm Beach, FL

#15 Oct 25, 2006
SOFLA LOVER wrote:
<quoted text>
Now melissa, why would you say a thing like that?? sounds like YOU slept with so and so to get ahead and your jealous. especially since poker is a "it's all up to you" card game.
I think Melissa is supporting her. She is just commenting on what jealous women (and men) might say.
abc

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 25, 2006
LMAO @ I want to go all in! thats good.
why not

Hollywood, FL

#17 Oct 25, 2006
she's making more $$$ doing that then going to law school and spending the next 20-30 years paying her school loans back.
You go girl!
WOW

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Oct 25, 2006
Go get em Lady Maverick.........
WOW

Pompano Beach, FL

#19 Oct 25, 2006
Yea right.........jealous of an attractive 23 year old woman that could beat your butt.....I am sure they make more you ever thought of.
Dumb Dog Player wrote:
jay

United States

#20 Oct 25, 2006
Video calls her an Ivy Leaguer.

When did Duke or the University of Miami join the Ivy League?
No Ivy-Leaguer Either

New York, NY

#21 Oct 25, 2006
Vanessa is smoking hot and a great poker player, but how is she an Ivy-leaguer?
Melissa

United States

#22 Oct 25, 2006
Becca wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Melissa is supporting her. She is just commenting on what jealous women (and men) might say.
Becca - you hit the nail right on the head!!
Melissa

United States

#23 Oct 25, 2006
Stay On Task wrote:
<quoted text>SOFLA LOVER is just jealous because the young poker beauty made more money in one game than he made in the past ten years. Besides, who cares how or with who the money is made with? What about the Real Estate Agents and Investors that drove the housing market up for their own personal gain and benefit; now, it's all falling and leveling off. They have ruined a few lives here in Florida (not mine), but what would you call someone going into the Realty or Investor field.....scumbags? Yeah, you would, because you feel you could not make the money and or beat the challenges. Maybe this young woman is in it for other resons too! Let's not be jealous, let's support her.....GO GIRL!
Thank you my dear - you are so correct - once again - GO GIRL!!!
ARJ

United States

#24 Oct 25, 2006
I started reading about her a couple months ago. Intelligent, beautiful, smart. As a poker player, I'm extremely attracted to her:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

World Poker Tour Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sizing up Sexton in head-to-head play (Apr '09) Apr '09 DCJ001 1
News Mike Sexton to testify in Mount Pleasant poker ... (Feb '09) Feb '09 OneRyder 3
More from around the web