Christine and Art Gillette will play ...

Christine and Art Gillette will play it for real tonight.

There are 44 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Mar 26, 2008, titled Christine and Art Gillette will play it for real tonight.. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Christine and Art Gillette never thought much of reality television. Not really reality, they thought.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FJoe

United States

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Good for them - used to deal a little with them in the 80's, they seem like nice people.
inna

Clockville, NY

#2 Mar 26, 2008
I LOVE WifeSwap! It was good to read that someone local was involved - might show that some of these reality shows is just that - reality. I am sure with a twist though! I will be sure to watch!

Since: Mar 08

Pittsfield, MA

#3 Mar 26, 2008
Local? There have been locals on Wheel of Fortune, Jerry Springer Show, probably Cops and let's not forget Elizabeth Banks, Debra Jo Rupp, Anne Dudek, Tim DeKaye....there's a whole slew of Berkshire people on your TV.
pearl

Royse City, TX

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Much rather be a Gillette kid than a Turner robot

Glens Falls, NY

#5 Mar 26, 2008
He Who Cannot Be Named wrote:
Local? There have been locals on Wheel of Fortune, Jerry Springer Show, probably Cops and let's not forget Elizabeth Banks, Debra Jo Rupp, Anne Dudek, Tim DeKaye....there's a whole slew of Berkshire people on your TV.
Debra Jo Rupp is from here? Whereabouts?

Glens Falls, NY

#6 Mar 26, 2008
pearl wrote:
Much rather be a Gillette kid than a Turner robot
How did they do with the show tonight? I didn't get to watch.
Ann Moore

United States

#7 Mar 26, 2008
Mrs. Turner is a total snob and her refusal to stay at the Gillette's trailer was rude and obnoxious. Her kids are little robots who will turn out just like her ... or in jail. Give me the Gillette family anyday!
D H Spooner WI

Onalaska, WI

#8 Mar 26, 2008
Art showed way more patience with a little rich b---h than I would have. Stick her in the "real world" with Christine and see who survives.
charles

United States

#9 Mar 27, 2008
ELIZABETH01201 wrote:
<quoted text>
i didnt get to see the show either tonight,im curious as to how they do too.
charles

United States

#10 Mar 27, 2008
i didnt realize mrs turner was such a mean rotten rude cold hearted person towards her own family,it sure sounds like she should be locked up in a mental institute and put on meds.
charles

United States

#11 Mar 27, 2008
i can still remember when gillette shows used to be down at wahconah park during the 1970s and 1980s,the place always got flooded,its like what did the weather knew when gillette shows were going to appear at wahconah park and deluge the area with incredible drenching rainstorms and flood the place.because not only would the drenching rains flood wahconah park,the housatonic which is situated in the just behind the park,the more further back the park goes,the lower the ground level is and its drops as low as the river,so all you need is a good rainstorm to come in here and the housatonic rises on up into through the back of the park into the central part of the park and flood it.i seen this area get some 5 inch rainstorms slamming in here,then wahconah park is really flooded,i seen people out there on boats and jetskis,i remember several times when the water came right up to wahconah st.but everytime we had rainstorms,it always seems to be happening around the sametime gillette shows would be getting ready to have the carnival at wahconah park,they did put down these big pallets for people to walk across instead of in the water and mud
charles

United States

#12 Mar 27, 2008
the best spot i thought gillette shows had there carnival was over in front of the berkshire crossing area,they had the carnival there for 2yrs out in front of the berkshire crossing area,and it was really great.then the following year they moved it over in the back parking lot of wal-mart down near barnes and noble.but gillette shows will never not ever be as good as the dalton carnival,because the dalton carnival has always been better than gillette shows for more than 30yrs

Pittsfield, MA

#13 Mar 27, 2008
ELIZABETH01201 wrote:
<quoted text>
As expected. They were made to look like bafoons, it's Hollyweird. These shows are basically "scripted" because everything is worked out with the producers before the cameras roll. They have to make it interesting. As someone who's worked on several and been on a show similar to this, it's all make-believe.

Pittsfield, MA

#14 Mar 27, 2008
ELIZABETH01201 wrote:
<quoted text>
Debra Jo Rupp is from here? Whereabouts?
Technically no, she lives in the area, so that makes her Berkshire-based by default. She was just schilling for the Barrington Stage in the Eagle this week, so she has some ties to them.
truckdriver

Springfield, MA

#15 Mar 27, 2008
Mrs. turner was such a beeyatch, Art shoud have made her clean the porta pottys
pearl

United States

#16 Mar 27, 2008
actually charles the Gillette's played Wahconah Park as far back as the 50's and 60's, started out in the late 40s in fact....been around a long time
charles wrote:
i can still remember when gillette shows used to be down at wahconah park during the 1970s and 1980s,the place always got flooded,its like what did the weather knew when gillette shows were going to appear at wahconah park and deluge the area with incredible drenching rainstorms and flood the place.because not only would the drenching rains flood wahconah park,the housatonic which is situated in the just behind the park,the more further back the park goes,the lower the ground level is and its drops as low as the river,so all you need is a good rainstorm to come in here and the housatonic rises on up into through the back of the park into the central part of the park and flood it.i seen this area get some 5 inch rainstorms slamming in here,then wahconah park is really flooded,i seen people out there on boats and jetskis,i remember several times when the water came right up to wahconah st.but everytime we had rainstorms,it always seems to be happening around the sametime gillette shows would be getting ready to have the carnival at wahconah park,they did put down these big pallets for people to walk across instead of in the water and mud
Common folk

Springfield, MA

#17 Mar 27, 2008
I remember as far back as 66. The Turner lady needed a mindset adjustment.
unknown

Syracuse, NY

#18 Mar 27, 2008
First of Charles do you ever have anything positive to say.

I watch the show and I though that Mrs. Turner was very rude and mean. To say that the Gillettes house was dirty was crazy. They showed it on tv. it was lived in not dirty.. Mrs. Turner need to grow up she couldnt even take one negitive thing about herself and deal with it. I thought that this is the meaning of the show to live someone elses live and see what you may be of help with. Mrs Gillette sat there and listen to everything that the turner lady had to say she did not get mad at what she said. Mr and Mrs GIllette keep doing what you are doing. and as for charles at least the gillettes bring some thing to do for our kids i take it you like the dalton one so much so you can get drunk and gamble... my kids love the gillette carnival and we will be there this year to. Are family has been goin for 21 years and we will continue to go as long as they bring it to us. Thank you Mr and Mrs Gillette for bringing us the canival every year you make many kids happy.
Edd

United States

#19 Mar 27, 2008
The Turner's live across the street from my parents, but I never met them.
pearl

United States

#20 Mar 27, 2008
Brings back memories 4th of July in Pittsfield at Wahconah Park. The big parade, Firemen's Muster, drum & bugle corps competition, the carnival, and fireworks to cap off the night. A great time had by all..what a wonderful day!!! I bet the Turners will never have such great memories...smacks too much of fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wife Swap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swap wife's pictures 5 hr Jheyz017 4
Any couple or female in Riyadh (May '15) 10 hr AnishAnand 13
Just starting 13 hr AndyT 2
Couple swap (Oct '14) 13 hr KaamdevKapoor 223
Wife swap in gujarat (Aug '13) Mon jitender 1,270
my black wife Mon Steven 5
video of wife getting undress this morning uk Mon Steven 9
More from around the web