Ten women who could spice up 'The View'

There are 16 comments on the USA Today story from Jun 29, 2006, titled Ten women who could spice up 'The View'. In it, USA Today reports that:

Star's gone -- let's move on. That's how I feel about this week's View catastrophe, in which Star Jones Reynolds abruptly departed the show , leaving Barbara Walters , Joy Behar and that shoe designer from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

S Miley

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jun 29, 2006
Never watched the show, dont care for the show. I do howver like Star as the legal analyst she once was.

I dont care for Meredith Vieira and after a loyal viewer of the Today show, I will have to find another show to watch. Maybe go back to NPR news - good old fashion radio!

I also didn't appreciate Mrs. Walter's face when she said "It is becoming uncomfortable FOR US TO PRETEND that everything is the same at this table," She came across very condescending.

Thank you.
L Brown

Alexandria, VA

#2 Jun 29, 2006
Well, the only two people that I liked on the show was Star, and Elizabeth. I think all parties involved need to grow up, these woman "all of them" are childish. I think ABC should have cancel the entire show. Oh, and I can stand that fat ass Rosie!

Peace
Vangreco

Surrey, Canada

#3 Jun 29, 2006
I think that people really got turned off of Star when she started to lose all of that weight. Lets face it we never saw her in the Tabloids doing work outs or even wearing workout gear. Naturally People love a good weight loss story and when she did not come clean about it people started to speculate about how did she do it. We all know how the same way Carnie Wislon did and good on her. Star saying she could have made up a reason as to why she was leaving and her Co Hosts would have gone for it but she chose not to due to the fact that would feel like lying to her viewers. Well Star you lied about your weight so why hold back on you leaving!!!!!
Mitchell

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 30, 2006
Star's weight is her own personal business. She never went out an endorsed an health club or fitness program. And, for any idiot that understand gastro surgery the patient has to eat select foods (which is a diet).
reggie

Lansing, MI

#5 Jun 30, 2006
As a devout male who loves women, let's put some former playmates on the View. Now that show would become Jerry Springeresque. That's called a ratings bonanza!!!!
Lee

Moultrie, GA

#6 Jun 30, 2006
I am just glad she is gone. Never liked her mannerism. Her big problem is she thinks herself some sort of "Diva" when she is just
a TV host. She looks so aweful whether she is heavy or thin. Have you noticed. Her eye is protruding like a gold fish. Also, she should stop saying that she want the viewers to know the truth. Why not
tell the truth of your surgery outright intead saying it is a "medical
intervention". What a bull!
qtca

United States

#7 Jun 30, 2006
Whatever Star did to lose her weight is her own business, just glad she did. When Star was an obese, single woman looking for a date, she was fine with everyone. Now that she lost weight and is happily married, people can't stand her??? We need to check our values before we start trash talking anyone...What they did to her was wrong-- as a pioneer of the show she deseved more than what they gave her....Everyone else has left with a full blown party, tears and well wishes and Star gets controversy and biting remarks that are "suppose" to be professional??!! PLEASE........hmmmmm...some things never change.
Richard

Lake Elsinore, CA

#8 Jun 30, 2006
I did not like Star Jones that much , but lying about how she lost weight, is one thing that turned me off. Barbara is a back stabbing old wrinkled up winch. I could not work for her under any circumstances.I will not watch this show anymore with fat ass Rosie on the show for sure.
Naala

Colby, KS

#9 Jun 30, 2006
I guess that aging gracefully isn't for Barbara! She's probably heading to Dementia road...hiring Rosie is her 1st mistake I can't believe that ABC had been that desperate to get rid of Star to replace her with that" Rosie-thing".
rdm4

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jun 30, 2006
Star was a good talk show host, all I can say is what ever you do in life do it unto the Lord, and no matter what and who tries to come aganist it you it will not prevail.
ex view watcher

Canada

#11 Jun 30, 2006
I find the way Star was treated tells more about Barbra walters and Rosie than about Star. Barbra comes across as vindictive and desperate. I am surprised she treated Star this way after her own ordeal early in her career. As for Rosie, it never pays to be mean to anybody for no reason!. She seems to think she is special....I believe she will be the death toll for this stupid show....of late she has been criticizing everybody, from Tom Cruise to Star Jones.....is her own life not fulfilling enough that she must make others miserable in order to feel good?
view watcher

United States

#12 Jun 30, 2006
Let's get over it already. Star's gone and Rosie's in. There is nothing anyone can do about but not watch the show. I for one will decide on my own to watch on not.
qtca

United States

#13 Jun 30, 2006
ex view watcher wrote:
I find the way Star was treated tells more about Barbra walters and Rosie than about Star. Barbra comes across as vindictive and desperate. I am surprised she treated Star this way after her own ordeal early in her career. As for Rosie, it never pays to be mean to anybody for no reason!. She seems to think she is special....I believe she will be the death toll for this stupid show....of late she has been criticizing everybody, from Tom Cruise to Star Jones.....is her own life not fulfilling enough that she must make others miserable in order to feel good?
Touche!! You said it all...
Dister

Flemington, NJ

#14 Jun 30, 2006
Naala wrote:
I guess that aging gracefully isn't for Barbara! She's probably heading to Dementia road...hiring Rosie is her 1st mistake I can't believe that ABC had been that desperate to get rid of Star to replace her with that" Rosie-thing".
Duh! Rosie is not replacing Star , she is replacing Meredith.
cheryl

United States

#15 Jun 30, 2006
Well Barbara showed her true colors. Barbara believes that dignity=lying, and the truth=betrayal. At least you all know now. Rosie should apologize. She is always trumpeting a woman's right to privacy and pro-choice options. I'm sure that the right to privacy would extend to medical issues beyond terminating an unwanted pregnancy. It's hypocirtical for her to question the supposed sexuality of Star's husband, when she never discussed the known sexuality of her parnter on her own show. She waited until she didn't have a show to tell the truth. I guess she demands a higher level of veracity then the offered. Well I guess Star could have just lied the way they wanted her to.
Deanna

Fort Mill, SC

#16 Jun 30, 2006
Star was done wrong and all the talk about her weight loss is beside the point. Besides, that's her personal business and should not have any impact on how unprofessionally she was treated. ABC had been planning for months to do her in and then wanted her to lie about her reason for leaving. That is so wrong but I'm glad she did what she did when she did it and without lying about it. Although the other ladies are innocent in this issue they may end up suffering because of it. The View won't be the same unless something miraculous happens. Best wishes to you Star. God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weeds Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Nealon Stand-Up (Jun '14) Jun '14 Comedy Works 1
News 30 Rock Star Maulik Pancholy Comes Out as Gay (Nov '13) Nov '13 DNF 17
News Russell Brand Jokes About His Sex Life With Kat... (Aug '13) Aug '13 _Zoey_ 7
News Lone Olsen Twin Joins 'Weeds' (Jun '10) Jul '13 wtf 2
Watch Weeds streaming episodes here (May '08) Jun '13 Martin Co 21
News Feds Say Scarsdale Mom Is Real Life "Weeds" Sus... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News 500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
More from around the web