Filmmaker might shoot some of next fi...

Filmmaker might shoot some of next film in El Paso, bring girlf...

There are 31 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Filmmaker might shoot some of next film in El Paso, bring girlf.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso-born filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams might shoot some of his first major feature film next year in El Paso, and he could bring girlfriend America Ferrera with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
a mexiCAN

Elgin, TX

#21 Nov 15, 2008
Itís sad to see the negative comments on this young film makerís success. You'll see the same people in line sending their family member for a part as an extra when they do start to film.
The film and revenue will be great for all soldiers and the city of El Paso showing how beautiful the locals of EP really are. Give the guy a break, heís doing America!
AML

El Paso, TX

#22 Nov 15, 2008
A film about post-traumatic stress disorder-what better place to work on it than El Paso? This is an important subject and we are a town with a large military presence. I think it is great that this city has people like Ryan to bring attention to the problem and to our city. And no, this has nothing to do with being "liberal" it is a fact that soldiers, when they come back having a very difficult time to re-enter American society. Obviously a lot of people here don't understand the problems they are facing.
A little scary though that so many complain that America Ferrera isn't "hot enough"-are you kidding me? I wonder how some of those writers look like... I think, Ferrera brings for once a very real image of a woman onto the screen.
RED WHITE AND BLUE

Brownsville, TX

#23 Nov 15, 2008
Cool wrote:
Your always off the wall..you don't even know the facts..
<quoted text>
"Coolo" WHO ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION?
ElChucano

San Antonio, TX

#24 Nov 15, 2008
I can see how you can practice your freedom of speech that is yours by birth or an American Citizen's sacrifice.
Practice your freedoms, but at least put some meaning to your comments instead of trashing this opportunity to place our GREAT city back into American mainstream society!
I am proud our local Ryan Piers Williams comes back home to show El Paso's back yard (which in fact is the rest of the U.S.) what a Chucano can do!
For ya'll, keep looking for that opportunity to walk your walk and talk your talk as a successful El Pasoan!
Mor power to you Mr. Ryan Piers Williams.
theman

El Paso, TX

#25 Nov 16, 2008
ElChucano wrote:
I can see how you can practice your freedom of speech that is yours by birth or an American Citizen's sacrifice.
Practice your freedoms, but at least put some meaning to your comments instead of trashing this opportunity to place our GREAT city back into American mainstream society!
I am proud our local Ryan Piers Williams comes back home to show El Paso's back yard (which in fact is the rest of the U.S.) what a Chucano can do!
For ya'll, keep looking for that opportunity to walk your walk and talk your talk as a successful El Pasoan!
Mor power to you Mr. Ryan Piers Williams.
No problem. Don't let the idiots/trolls on these boards looking for attention get to you. They have obvious envy for a talented El Pasoan. The rest of us who have lives enjoy anything great that comes from our beloved city. Keep it up.
SPLAT

Des Plaines, IL

#26 Nov 16, 2008
Wow...I might throw up.
carlos

Grand Prairie, TX

#27 Nov 16, 2008
ha.. el paso is still full of haters - we give ourselves reasons to be laughed at. I can always count on my hater people for remind me why i left.
jim

Dallas, TX

#28 Nov 17, 2008
cool!
Carry

Dallas, TX

#29 Nov 17, 2008
El Paso is not full of haters carlos!!! Screw you
Armenta

United States

#30 Nov 18, 2008
oluC wrote:
Big whoop-dee-doo! We already have enough ugly women here, we don't need that America dog coming around.
Didn't anybody teach you not to talk about your mother and sisters? Bet you aint no Brad Pitt yourself!
carlos

Grand Prairie, TX

#31 Dec 9, 2008
Carry wrote:
El Paso is not full of haters carlos!!! Screw you
Sounds like a hater to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ugly Betty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Ferrera Delivers a Powerful Intersectio... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Mikey 4
News 'Ugly Betty' star: 'I'd like to Netflix and chi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 el fogon 3
News America Ferrera responds: 'Thank you, Donald Tr... (Jul '15) Jul '15 wild child 4
News Prankster happy to confuse Blanchett for Ferrer... (Jun '14) Jun '14 hello 1
News 500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
News Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Ras... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Eric 1
Ask Vanessa Williams a question! (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
More from around the web