Filmmaker might shoot some of next fi...

Filmmaker might shoot some of next film in El Paso, bring girlf...

There are 31 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 14, 2008, titled Filmmaker might shoot some of next film in El Paso, bring girlf.... In it, El Paso Times reports that:

El Paso-born filmmaker Ryan Piers Williams might shoot some of his first major feature film next year in El Paso, and he could bring girlfriend America Ferrera with him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack

El Paso, TX

#1 Nov 14, 2008
They need to get this new El Paso kid involved. Brennan Patrick, fourteen years old. I read an article about him being in an Indie film about two much ago and how great he did.
oluC

United States

#2 Nov 14, 2008
Big whoop-dee-doo! We already have enough ugly women here, we don't need that America dog coming around.
Maria S

El Paso, TX

#3 Nov 14, 2008
In a small town, the small newspapers would profile and boast about their hometown people's success. Exactly as this newspaper do. This story has zero journalistic and zero relevance to the city of El Paso and its issues. I understand the pride involved, and the story should continue but again not as the main story.

This is not news. Isn't it obvious? There is no value for this story as it pertains to the deep issues that involve El Paso. If yesterdays story of a hometown hottie and todays story about a hometown filmaker; then this bring to light that perhaps the El Paso Times should be re-named El Paso Entertainment Times. That's my opinion.
prim

El Paso, TX

#4 Nov 14, 2008
shes ugly..who cares ??
DNN

United States

#5 Nov 14, 2008
IS SHE STILL FAT?
oluC

United States

#6 Nov 14, 2008
STOP THE PRESS! Third-rate actress in a third-rate tv show coming to a third-rate city with her third-rate filmaker boyfriend. That's something to get excited about.
Chewbacca

Dallas, TX

#7 Nov 14, 2008
Whoopie-fawking-doo!
FROM_ELGIN_IL

Glen Ellyn, IL

#8 Nov 14, 2008
oluC wrote:
STOP THE PRESS! Third-rate actress in a third-rate tv show coming to a third-rate city with her third-rate filmaker boyfriend. That's something to get excited about.
Third-rate city compose of Third-rate citizens like you!!
Don't you know that any publicity is good publicity?
BFD

El Paso, TX

#9 Nov 14, 2008
BFD!!
El Pasoan

Moulton, TX

#10 Nov 14, 2008
Some of these comments just astounds me. This is a nice feature story. Its not a top story in the news but the Times decided to feature it on the front page of the website, and you guys go crazy. Well sorry to say for those that make stupid comments like Chew are not even mature enough to understand this feature story let alone news. Nice to know El Paso has alot of trolls that don't care about anything but type those kind of comments on here.
oluC

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2008
FROM_ELGIN_IL wrote:
<quoted text>
Third-rate city compose of Third-rate citizens like you!!
Don't you know that any publicity is good publicity?
Then run down your street naked fool.
El Pasoan

Moulton, TX

#12 Nov 14, 2008
Pertaining to Maria. This is a feature story the El Paso Times website decided to show on its front page. But it doesn't necessarily gonna show up on tommorow's front page but probably the living section. Its a nice feature too.
I Love El Paso

Moulton, TX

#13 Nov 14, 2008
That is why the West side is separated by the Franklins from the East side. The east side is full of animals and the west side holds the money.
Great

Lázaro Cárdenas, Mexico

#14 Nov 14, 2008
Here is a short excerpt of the film...

scene 1: camera pans over the copper smelter smoke stack to give audience feel of crappy border town.

scene 2: film korean business owner selling forged consumer products to juarez residents in downtown.

scene 3: film morbidly obese east side family entering Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet.

scene 4: film main actress giving bribes to local council person to get a contract approved.
Halek101

United States

#15 Nov 14, 2008
I Love El Paso wrote:
That is why the West side is separated by the Franklins from the East side. The east side is full of animals and the west side holds the money.
hahaha!!! Thats a good way to put it! Except the Westside is filling up fast with foreclosed houses!!!! Many houses have the "For Sale" sign outside! Is that the new trend?! ahahahaha!!!!
oluC

United States

#16 Nov 14, 2008
I Love El Paso wrote:
You mean Westside areas like Buena Vista, Canutillo, or the projects off of Festival?
oluC

United States

#17 Nov 14, 2008
Great wrote:
Here is a short excerpt of the film...
scene 1: camera pans over the copper smelter smoke stack to give audience feel of crappy border town.
scene 2: film korean business owner selling forged consumer products to juarez residents in downtown.
scene 3: film morbidly obese east side family entering Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet.
scene 4: film main actress giving bribes to local council person to get a contract approved.
And that beast America will be in every scene.
RED WHITE AND BLUE

Brownsville, TX

#18 Nov 14, 2008
Another war "putting down our troops" movie by a, most, likley another Michael Moore wanna be Liberal.I wish He could take his movie and shove it in Americas Ferrer trophy case!!
Cool

United States

#19 Nov 14, 2008
Your always off the wall..you don't even know the facts..
RED WHITE AND BLUE wrote:
Another war "putting down our troops" movie by a, most, likley another Michael Moore wanna be Liberal.I wish He could take his movie and shove it in Americas Ferrer trophy case!!
NoPoOr

Portland, OR

#20 Nov 15, 2008
El Pasoan wrote:
Some of these comments just astounds me. This is a nice feature story. Its not a top story in the news but the Times decided to feature it on the front page of the website, and you guys go crazy. Well sorry to say for those that make stupid comments like Chew are not even mature enough to understand this feature story let alone news. Nice to know El Paso has alot of trolls that don't care about anything but type those kind of comments on here.
Ignore the Chewbacas. They write anything for the attention. Just verbage and no content.

Entertainment news, in general, doesn't belong in the front page. National and world news should be the leading factors in the Times. However Ryan P. Williams is a local doing well in film making industry and is being recognized in the front page.

There is nothing wrong, from the aesthetic point of view, with America Ferrera.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ugly Betty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Ferrera Delivers a Powerful Intersectio... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Mikey 4
News 'Ugly Betty' star: 'I'd like to Netflix and chi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 el fogon 3
News America Ferrera responds: 'Thank you, Donald Tr... (Jul '15) Jul '15 wild child 4
News Prankster happy to confuse Blanchett for Ferrer... (Jun '14) Jun '14 hello 1
News 500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
News Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Ras... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Eric 1
Ask Vanessa Williams a question! (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
More from around the web