TV ratings: Viewers say 'I do' to 'Gr...

TV ratings: Viewers say 'I do' to 'Grey's Anatomy' Thursday - T...

There are 22 comments on the Zap2it.com story from May 8, 2009, titled TV ratings: Viewers say 'I do' to 'Grey's Anatomy' Thursday - T.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Fast National ratings for Thursday, May 7, 2009 CBS just barely won the night in the ratings race overall, but the biggest number of the night went to ABC's 100th episode "Grey's Anatomy." Otherwise, the TV landscape looked the same as usual ratings-wise. CBS averaged a 7.6 rating/13 share in primetime, just edging past ABC's 7.4/13. FOX came in ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard

AOL

#1 May 8, 2009
Gee wiz...NBC tanked yet again!
ahmt

Ankara, Turkey

#2 May 9, 2009
yal atış
Vincent

Guilford, CT

#3 May 9, 2009
When will the "powers that be" at NBC realize that NO ONE IS WATCHING "30 Rock"?! It is so ridiculous and frankly, stupid, to see all of these awards and 'kudos' given to this show with total disregard for the viewing public. For years, this show has come in 4th or 3rd in its timeslot. It's time for NBC to dump this show and move on. These are supposedly intelligent and savvy people at NBC?! God help us!!
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#4 May 9, 2009
Pretty clear now is how "Southland" is not the hit NBC claimed and "Parks and Recreation" fits very well in the low-rated NBC Thursday (ie. lots of hype little in way of ratings).

But look for NBC to continue pretending those are two hits of tomorrow. ;)
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#5 May 9, 2009
Vincent wrote:
When will the "powers that be" at NBC realize that NO ONE IS WATCHING "30 Rock"?! It is so ridiculous and frankly, stupid, to see all of these awards and 'kudos' given to this show with total disregard for the viewing public. For years, this show has come in 4th or 3rd in its timeslot. It's time for NBC to dump this show and move on. These are supposedly intelligent and savvy people at NBC?! God help us!!
Put it this way: they work for GE, a company that has essentially ruined its investors of the past few years.:(
Alan 59

Schenectady, NY

#6 May 10, 2009
Vincent wrote:
It's time for NBC to dump this show and move on. These are supposedly intelligent and savvy people at NBC?!
Did you just come in from the 1990s? Because that's the last time that I can recall intelligent and savvy people being at NBC...

If NBC is going to cancel every show with low ratings, then what are they going to show on every night that isn't Tuesday?
Vincent

East Hampton, CT

#7 May 10, 2009
To Alan 59: I was being sarcastic when I said "intelligent and savvy people at NBC?!" Notice the punctuation! I agree totally with you. Ever since Immelt took over at GE and Zucker at NBC, they have become a failed network. The "Peacock network" is now just a dead bird!!
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#8 May 10, 2009
Alan 59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just come in from the 1990s? Because that's the last time that I can recall intelligent and savvy people being at NBC...
If NBC is going to cancel every show with low ratings, then what are they going to show on every night that isn't Tuesday?
They have highly rated shows on Tuesday?!!!? ;)
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#9 May 10, 2009
Vincent wrote:
To Alan 59: I was being sarcastic when I said "intelligent and savvy people at NBC?!" Notice the punctuation! I agree totally with you. Ever since Immelt took over at GE and Zucker at NBC, they have become a failed network. The "Peacock network" is now just a dead bird!!
Begging your patience to stray a smidgen away from the topic, I do place the blame on Jack Welsh. Clearly, his succession plan was to have uninspired executives in line behind him so that he could pick his exit without anyone with potential chomping at the bit.

Once again, I am reminded that the Board of Directors is supposed to look for the interests of the shareholders, not the CEO...
Eric

Wayland, MA

#10 May 11, 2009
Rena Moretti wrote:
<quoted text>
They have highly rated shows on Tuesday?!!!? ;)
Well, not highly rated, but NBC's typically highest rated show is "The Biggest Loser", beating out other "buzz" shows like "Heroes" and "The Office".
Eric

Wayland, MA

#11 May 11, 2009
That 9.1 is for a new CSI? Did the ratings take that much of a drop?
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#12 May 11, 2009
I point out yet again that you can tell a network is in serious trouble when its highest rated show is called The Biggest LOSER. Both an appropriate title for a failing dynasty, as well as ironic, given that the other networks (with the exception, for the moment, of CBS) are falling right in line behind NBC.

As for CSI's lower ratings, the show is getting older, and such drops are to be expected, especially on procedurals that start repeating themselves after about season five. CSI will likely have a season or two left before CBS puts it out to pasture. Unless they get stupid like NBC did with ER and keep it on for another eight years.
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#13 May 11, 2009
Eric wrote:
That 9.1 is for a new CSI? Did the ratings take that much of a drop?
They have. But the show itself had taken a huge quality drop. I think losing the lead actor just made it easier for many to say "sayonara" to a once great show.

CBS will kick itself for following the crowd and not being more active in finding replacement shows.
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#14 May 11, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
I point out yet again that you can tell a network is in serious trouble when its highest rated show is called The Biggest LOSER. Both an appropriate title for a failing dynasty, as well as ironic, given that the other networks (with the exception, for the moment, of CBS) are falling right in line behind NBC.
As for CSI's lower ratings, the show is getting older, and such drops are to be expected, especially on procedurals that start repeating themselves after about season five. CSI will likely have a season or two left before CBS puts it out to pasture. Unless they get stupid like NBC did with ER and keep it on for another eight years.
The irony of having the Biggest Loser as NBC's highest-rated show is quite thick.:)

Every time I hear that title, I think the show is about the Executive Offices at NBC. ;)
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#15 May 12, 2009
Actually, I would have chosen better-titled shows to describe the execs, like Clueless, My Own Worst Enemy and Lost. The Biggest Loser is just too obvious. :P
Rena Moretti

Tarzana, CA

#16 May 13, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
Actually, I would have chosen better-titled shows to describe the execs, like Clueless, My Own Worst Enemy and Lost. The Biggest Loser is just too obvious.:P
I never realized there was such an abundance of titles.:)
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#17 May 13, 2009
Good thing I didn't start using movie and song titles, then, or it would have been an awfully long list. :P
Rena Moretti

Tarzana, CA

#18 May 13, 2009
Aaron R wrote:
Good thing I didn't start using movie and song titles, then, or it would have been an awfully long list.:P
Maybe we can match the show title with the network... ;)
Alan 59

Schenectady, NY

#19 May 15, 2009
Vincent wrote:
To Alan 59: I was being sarcastic when I said "intelligent and savvy people at NBC?!" Notice the punctuation!
My 2005 edition of WEBSTER'S UNIVERSAL SPELLING, GRAMMAR & USAGE does not indicate that the combination of a question mark followed by an exclamation mark is a common indicator of sarcasm (or anything else), so we must be using different reference works.

You may think that I should have assumed better judgement on the part of an unfamiliar poster, but history doesn't support that much generosity, I'm afraid.
Aaron R

Decatur, IL

#20 May 15, 2009
Vincent should be aware that we who employ sarcasm on a regular basis have learned to include something to indicate such, for those who might not be native English speakers (as well as for those who are just not well-versed in the literary device...or for the chronically-stupid). To wit:

*sarcasm commencing*

Grey's Anatomy is the best show ever made, and I can't believe everyone on the planet doesn't watch it every week.

*sarcasm concluded*

Question marks followed by exclamation points are traditionally used more to indicate surprise or disbelief, as in the following: "Do you mean to tell me that everything on Survivor is EDITED?!" Actually, that was sarcasm, too. My bad.:P

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ugly Betty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Ugly Betty' star: 'I'd like to Netflix and chi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 el fogon 3
News America Ferrera responds: 'Thank you, Donald Tr... (Jul '15) Jul '15 wild child 4
News Prankster happy to confuse Blanchett for Ferrer... (Jun '14) Jun '14 hello 1
News 500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
News Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Ras... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Eric 1
Ask Vanessa Williams a question! (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
News Gay Pride Events Planned In Des Moines On Weekend (Jun '10) Apr '12 Gracieminniebella 38
More from around the web