'Scrubs,' 'Samantha Who?' Get New Nig...

'Scrubs,' 'Samantha Who?' Get New Nights - ABC comedies will be...

There are 45 comments on the Zap2it.com story from Jan 26, 2009, titled 'Scrubs,' 'Samantha Who?' Get New Nights - ABC comedies will be.... In it, Zap2it.com reports that:

Christina Applegate of 'Samantha Who?' ABC will double the current number of sitcoms on its schedule -- from two to four -- in March by pairing "Scrubs" and "Samantha Who?" with a pair of new shows.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Zap2it.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rena Moretti

Rosemead, CA

#42 Feb 5, 2009
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
If anything, ABC is trying to help the sho by pairing it with the more femininely compatible In the Motherhood. Also maybe they think Who? has had enough of the post Dancing treatment and its ready to go off on its own. I know that Samantha will get another season because ABC has nothing else.
Amazing that the same can be said of most low-performing show on TV.

The networks ave nothing else.

Somehow, the executives who managed to have "nothing else" escape unscathed each year...
Thorny

Decatur, IL

#43 Feb 5, 2009
Of course they do...their contracts have so many loopholes in them, they could crochet a dust cover for a battleship. :p
Dan

Brooklyn, NY

#44 Feb 5, 2009
Rena Moretti wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that the same can be said of most low-performing show on TV.
The networks ave nothing else.
Somehow, the executives who managed to have "nothing else" escape unscathed each year...
Its low performing but its the highest rated comedy for ABC the past 2 seasons. Thats not saying much because the only other 2 comedies this season on ABC are the eight year old Scrubs & Jim, which perform like crap. I hope better for Better off Ted & In the Motherhood. I havent seen them but ABC needs some kind of comedy. They grabbed little orphan Surviving Suburbia just because they want a multicamera family show on their network similiar to Jim. Suburbia gets Samantha's old night and I can't wait to see how it performs. Suburbia went from getting a lead in of under 1 million viewers to over 22 million viewers.
Rena Moretti

Fullerton, CA

#45 Feb 6, 2009
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its low performing but its the highest rated comedy for ABC the past 2 seasons. Thats not saying much because the only other 2 comedies this season on ABC are the eight year old Scrubs & Jim, which perform like crap. I hope better for Better off Ted & In the Motherhood. I havent seen them but ABC needs some kind of comedy. They grabbed little orphan Surviving Suburbia just because they want a multicamera family show on their network similiar to Jim. Suburbia gets Samantha's old night and I can't wait to see how it performs. Suburbia went from getting a lead in of under 1 million viewers to over 22 million viewers.
That will be very interesting. I'd guess it'll get Samantha-like numbers. We'll see.:)
Dan

Brooklyn, NY

#46 Feb 6, 2009
Rena Moretti wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be very interesting. I'd guess it'll get Samantha-like numbers. We'll see.:)
Probably Samantha like numbers, maybe lower, but it will be interesting to see. While Scrubs and Jim are done (finally), Samantha will be renewed, Suburbia will likely be renewed and 1 series (either Ted or Motherhood) will probably be renewed. But thats just my guess. ABC also has the Goode Family which they may as well just push till next season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ugly Betty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America Ferrera Delivers a Powerful Intersectio... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Mikey 4
News 'Ugly Betty' star: 'I'd like to Netflix and chi... (Feb '16) Mar '16 el fogon 3
News America Ferrera responds: 'Thank you, Donald Tr... (Jul '15) Jul '15 wild child 4
News Prankster happy to confuse Blanchett for Ferrer... (Jun '14) Jun '14 hello 1
News 500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
News Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Ras... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Eric 1
Ask Vanessa Williams a question! (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1