Downtown Long Beach to host "Pink Party"

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

The downtown area's main business group plans to produce a party in conjunction with the Long Beach Lesbian and Gay Pride Festival and Parade.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated May 15, 2009
Katie Milks

Encinitas, CA

#2 Apr 26, 2009
Dayyyy trippa!
metoo

Long Beach, CA

#4 Apr 26, 2009
nice, if they would fix up the East side of town, which is crumbling.
Alex

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Apr 26, 2009
Maybe it's BECAUSE of pride that our world has so many problems. Everyone seems to think they are entitled to a piece of the pie. Unfortunately, some demand the entire pie.
Andrew

Long Beach, CA

#6 Apr 26, 2009
Good for Long Beach. Since HIV infections are rising in the teen population, anything that supports education and support of youth is of great benefit. The pride festival is the second largest event in the city and brings in thousands of dollars. "DINKS" or not, the gay/lesbian population are generous and community minded.
yay

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Apr 26, 2009
Andrew wrote:
Good for Long Beach. Since HIV infections are rising in the teen population, anything that supports education and support of youth is of great benefit.
Yeah! Let's educate the gay youth by getting a bunch of middle-aged men in thongs dancing onstage to Judy Garland songs! Way to go, Councilman Garcia! You shake that thing, girl!
Lilllith

Portland, OR

#10 Apr 27, 2009
Look at the troll act all tough. Does it make you feel better after the guys at school punk you? Or RU just another closeted wanna-be f*g in the closet?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#11 Apr 27, 2009
Alex wrote:
Maybe it's BECAUSE of pride that our world has so many problems. Everyone seems to think they are entitled to a piece of the pie. Unfortunately, some demand the entire pie.
I know, but the bigots who continue to demand keep the whole pie for themselves are slowly dying out, thank goodness.
Keith Cabone

Long Beach, CA

#12 Apr 27, 2009
I'm for ANYTHING that helps our struggling downtown businesses stay afloat. Pink, Brown, Green, or Orange.
Larry Forester

Seal Beach, CA

#13 Apr 27, 2009
Thank you DLBA for working with and reaching out to the LGBT Community. Thank you John Morris for your many years of support.
Bruce

Long Beach, CA

#15 Apr 27, 2009
Never will I take my business or family to the area again!!!
zooey

Rowland Heights, CA

#16 Apr 27, 2009
Bruce wrote:
Never will I take my business or family to the area again!!!
So that takes away you, your wife, and your sister, adding up to a solid two people who will never tread Pine Avenue again.
Dane Tobbin

Long Beach, CA

#17 Apr 27, 2009
zooey wrote:
<quoted text>
So that takes away you, your wife, and your sister, adding up to a solid two people who will never tread Pine Avenue again.
As soon as we elect law and order sane moderate Democrats in Long Beach EVERYTHING will get better almost instantly.

Democrats are not animals. Progressives are animals. And the far left is always the enemy of the compassionate, reasonable, productive Democratic citizen population.
Its your neighborhood

Torrance, CA

#18 Apr 27, 2009
Huntington beach??? You most likely have never been to LB. also, a new gay bar just opened in Huntington Beach (metro-Q). guess you will have to move...
Sarah

Los Alamitos, CA

#19 May 10, 2009
really now people? its a f***ing PARADE! be joyous and merry and eat candy, and get drunk afterwards like evryone else. Sheesh, its almost as if evryones lost their sense of FUN.
Jason White

Lakewood, CA

#21 May 10, 2009
Sarah wrote:
really now people? its a f***ing PARADE! be joyous and merry and eat candy, and get drunk afterwards like evryone else. Sheesh, its almost as if evryones lost their sense of FUN.
I agree. Please forgive the Gay Community for the sins of the heartless slugs who seem to grab all of the camera time when Gay issues come up. Most of us are good people and aren't as consumed with HATE and INTOLERANCE as those Queens in the news would have you believe.

“That's Mama Luigi to you too”

Since: Jun 08

Orange County,CA

#22 May 10, 2009
Its your neighborhood wrote:
Huntington beach??? You most likely have never been to LB. also, a new gay bar just opened in Huntington Beach (metro-Q). guess you will have to move...
Are there bears? WOOF!
Joe - Long Beach

Costa Mesa, CA

#23 May 15, 2009
Apparently calling someone a queen in a derogatory context isn't hate or intolerance?

Get a grip man, it takes all of us, and those queens are the ones first in line to demand our rights, raise money for our sick bretren and tell the world to stay out of our personal lives. they get props from me!!
Jason White wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Please forgive the Gay Community for the sins of the heartless slugs who seem to grab all of the camera time when Gay issues come up. Most of us are good people and aren't as consumed with HATE and INTOLERANCE as those Queens in the news would have you believe.
future is now

Long Beach, CA

#24 May 15, 2009
Andrew wrote:
Good for Long Beach. Since HIV infections are rising in the teen population, anything that supports education and support of youth is of great benefit. The pride festival is the second largest event in the city and brings in thousands of dollars. "DINKS" or not, the gay/lesbian population are generous and community minded.
Yeah you're a regular Mother Teresa
Wonder how many cases of HIV will be transmitted during this pride filled weekend?
Jason White

Bellflower, CA

#25 May 15, 2009
Joe - Long Beach wrote:
Apparently calling someone a queen in a derogatory context isn't hate or intolerance?
Get a grip man, it takes all of us, and those queens are the ones first in line to demand our rights, raise money for our sick bretren and tell the world to stay out of our personal lives. they get props from me!!
<quoted text>
As one of the most prolific major donors and major fundraisers in L.A. County for a great many years I cannot name a single major donor to our Community who would protest at a vital city business establishment who had done NOTHING...ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to the Gay Community.

That, Sir, is idiocy.

Don't give too much credit to the DESTRUPTIVE Leftists. They do not more good for our Community than they do for our Democratic Party.

Moving our causes forward works best when we are seen as EVERY BIT as worthy of respect as any other citizen.

The LEFTIST Gay leaders KNOW it. They don't care. They are in it for the chaos and societal disruption acting badly creates.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ugly Betty Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prankster happy to confuse Blanchett for Ferrer... Jun '14 hello 1
500 Days of Summer (Jan '10) May '13 O Morgan 2
Cuba Gooding Jr., Vanessa Williams, Condola Ras... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Eric 1
Ask Vanessa Williams a question! (Apr '12) Apr '12 Kimberly 1
Gay Pride Events Planned In Des Moines On Weekend (Jun '10) Apr '12 Gracieminniebella 38
America Ferrera stops in El Paso: Actress will ... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Vicente Fernandez 3
Judy Gold brings her one-woman show about Jewis... (Feb '12) Feb '12 may2285 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ugly Betty People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••