Dumb Rappers!

Dayton, OH

#1 Aug 6, 2009
I'm young, black, male, and I love hip-hop. It's sad to see soooo many young black men following retarded & ignorant rappers. Listening to the music is okay, it's like watching the JackAss Movie, but you don't want to do what they do, they're not role models. Beefing, fighting, shooting guns that ILLEGALLY own, murders, drinking, smoking weed, not being fathers to their children. I listen to the stuff, it's entertainment, but I don't immitate it. I carry guns for work, but I have a license to carry them. I'm tired of seeing young men on TV that portray us as young black savages, illiterate, non-educated. Hip-hop is dead just like Nas said, it's sad. JayZ is more intelligent now that he is older and more mature, but our youth look up to the dumber and younger new rappers, the ones that wear there pants hanging off their asses showing their dirty draws, speaking some weird language that resembles retarded english. Don't get me wrong, I was born in the hood, I used to hussle, but I decided to become more than what society viewed me as. Today, I'm a young executive. It's like being retarded is the style now (no offense to the mentally ill, I'm talking about healthy who choose to act retarded). I get tired of going on TV and seeing people that look like me being arrested, cursing, fighting, shooting, and just being retarded. I wish other youth would look up to people like Michael Jordan, Colin Powell, Shaq, Willie E. Gary, L.A. Reid, or even better, the President!! I still love rap, like little Wayne, but the dude who can't speak well, drinks cough syrup, wears his pants down to his knees, curses every 15 seconds, and can't interpret his own contracts is just an entertainer, not a role model. I just wish the youth knew the difference. It is true, black people, we are our own worst enemy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

True Life Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now Casting - I'm A Newlywed (Dec '08) Oct '09 Announous 2