Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?

There are 186 comments on the KCBS story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?. In it, KCBS reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said no one cares if you smoke a joint. The Hollywood actor-turned-governor signed a law five weeks ago that made possession of up to an ounce of marijuana the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS.

Anonymous

United States

#170 Dec 21, 2010
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>If everyone smoked pot, we'd have more janitors like you...
Please die you uneducated (p)rick
bigdog

Lafayette, CA

#171 Dec 22, 2010
the community of ferndale is kept above water by pot. without it, they could not survive. the creamy had to sell to foster farms, layoffs from lumber continue. without pot, fernytown would not make it. however, jack cates uses too much water when watering down the field. he needs to save money and stop making mudd.
sherlock

United States

#172 Dec 22, 2010
I stopped smoking almost two decades ago, but I don't think people should be hassled for smoking or growing a few plants. Isn't there something more important cops need to deal with, like the guy robbing the donut shop?
ipi4u.

United States

#173 Dec 22, 2010
I want to know where you work so I can shut you down.
Scarystuff wrote:
<quoted text>I have smoked pot almost EVERYDAY for 35 years. I make a 6 figure income, have people work for me, have NEVER comitted a crime other than smoking and possession of Marijuana. I have spent an average of $500 a month on my consumption, by free will, no addiction, no withdrawal syndrome. I have no health problems, no employment or psychological issues or trouble dealing with people or society. I even drive while smoking and have never had a serious accident (maybe rear-enders once in a while, I get hit, too) in 35 years and over 500,000 miles driving. I even drove a Taxi cab at night for 2 years back in the 80's while smoking every night.
Watch the movie from the 70's called "Pumping Iron" where YOUR Governor actually ADMITS to his own use of the plant.
If Marijuana were legalized and you currently do not smoke it, are YOU going to run down to the store and buy some? Do you honestly think everyone else in society will run out and buy some if they have never used it before? When gas prices rose and helmet laws were passed, did you run out and buy a motorcycle? EVOLUTION and PROGRESS ARE WONDERFUL concepts....

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Jersey City, NJ

#174 Dec 22, 2010
[QUOTE who="ipi4u. "]I want to know where you work so I can shut you down.
<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

Because, after all, we can't have successful, happy people who use cannabis. It lowers the profits for the alcohol and pharma lobbies. Not to mention that it goes against the brainwashing that the antis eat with a power-shovel.
Anonymous

United States

#175 Dec 23, 2010
bigdog wrote:
the community of ferndale is kept above water by pot. without it, they could not survive. the creamy had to sell to foster farms, layoffs from lumber continue. without pot, fernytown would not make it. however, jack cates uses too much water when watering down the field. he needs to save money and stop making mudd.
I agree
Honesthought

New London, WI

#176 Dec 30, 2010
sherlock wrote:
I stopped smoking almost two decades ago, but I don't think people should be hassled for smoking or growing a few plants. Isn't there something more important cops need to deal with, like the guy robbing the donut shop?
It's not those who can stop smoking or use alcohol occassionally that is the problwm. And, judging by the numbers, you are rare.

It is those who start very young and continue to use, and gateway to continous use, apathy and other drug use. It's the use despite the consequences, and despite the violence that surrounds that use.

I have worked in the field of addictions for 10 years, and have seen 9000 people come and go.

I think I know a little something about the problem.

Legalization will not stop illegal use.

Alcohol is legal, however, minors get it illegally.

Vicodin is legal, however, it is sold on the street.

If we could get people to stop using drugs, there would be billions saved.
Honesthought

New London, WI

#177 Dec 30, 2010
liveandlearn wrote:
<quoted text>
cannabis is not rarely used alone. if you need an expert drug addict to tell you how life works, then maybe it would be best for you to experience the world before commenting about it.
i agree with your support for industrial hemp.
I have worked in the field of addictions for 10 years. Have you talked to 9000 different people?
Honesthought

New London, WI

#178 Dec 30, 2010
[QUOTE who="ipi4u. "]I want to know where you work so I can shut you down.
<quoted text>
[/QUOTE]

I have a feelong " Scarystuff is a kid, and all of that is made up
FD Up

United States

#179 Dec 30, 2010
This coming from a guy who use to pump steroids into his body. How did that bypass surgery work out for you Arnie?
Annoyed

United States

#180 Jan 3, 2011
Honesthought wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not those who can stop smoking or use alcohol occassionally that is the problwm. And, judging by the numbers, you are rare.
It is those who start very young and continue to use, and gateway to continous use, apathy and other drug use. It's the use despite the consequences, and despite the violence that surrounds that use.
I have worked in the field of addictions for 10 years, and have seen 9000 people come and go.
I think I know a little something about the problem.
Legalization will not stop illegal use.
Alcohol is legal, however, minors get it illegally.
Vicodin is legal, however, it is sold on the street.
If we could get people to stop using drugs, there would be billions saved.
As a wise man once said "You're full of it." And this is especially demonstrated by your quote: "Legalization will not stop illegal use." Perhaps you can explain this reasoning to us?

But as far as "Legalization", it's already upon us. Did you not hear pocession of less than one ounce of marijuana will now, in California, be treated by police and courts, as an "infraction" similar to a parking ticket?????? Do you feel teenagers and others will be dissuaded??????? And yet police and courts will be free to wrack up overtime, bribs (?), etc. chasing the "supposedly" illegal growers (sweet).

Why do I get the feeling I'm in Afganistan?
Anonymous

Richland, WA

#181 Jan 4, 2011
Legalization WILL stop most of the illegal activity. Why risk buying from your local thug/hustler? when you could go down the corner and buy from a smoke cafe?have a latte while your at it and a snack. Over 60% of the Mexican Cartel money comes from Marijuana and they make BILLIONS! That should be used to make our economy better. If you drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes and you are opposed to Marijuana legalization, then you my friend are a hypocrite, Alcohol has way more negative affects then Marijuana does and kills so many people. And cigarettes cause cancer and it's full of chemicals. You can use a vaporizer to inhale your marijuana and the amount of tar that you would be taking from MJ would be very minimal. So don't give me that. "You have to smoke the weed too" BS, because you DON'T have to.

“iYa Basta!”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#182 Jan 4, 2011
Smoking pot should be mandatory. It is in my house.

“A Generic User”

Since: Jan 10

Another Person on the Internet

#183 Jan 4, 2011
I'll bet the ex-Governator is taking a bong hit right now.
Honesthought

New London, WI

#185 Aug 26, 2011
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
As a wise man once said "You're full of it." And this is especially demonstrated by your quote: "Legalization will not stop illegal use." Perhaps you can explain this reasoning to us?
But as far as "Legalization", it's already upon us. Did you not hear pocession of less than one ounce of marijuana will now, in California, be treated by police and courts, as an "infraction" similar to a parking ticket?????? Do you feel teenagers and others will be dissuaded??????? And yet police and courts will be free to wrack up overtime, bribs (?), etc. chasing the "supposedly" illegal growers (sweet).
And, so you prove me right...Legalization does not stop illegal use. If Pot were legal to adults, teen would buy it illegally.... Another drug would come along and would be sold on the streets. Vicodin is legal and still sold on the streets. Alcohol is legal and kids buys it illegally...
FilthyCity

San Francisco, CA

#186 Aug 26, 2011
If marijuana becomes legalized, nurseries all over California will start selling them and pot gardens will become a big fad for the teens. So for the first time, the young generation will take interest in raising pot plants for its psychoactive properties.

Arno is the prime example of total irresponsibility, we should not emulate his example nor should we pay attention to this senior moments.
Honesthought

New London, WI

#187 Aug 27, 2011
Annoyed wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, teenagers and younger kids will buy sruff from dealers or from their parents.

A law is a law, and those who break them are criminals.
Honesthought

New London, WI

#188 Aug 27, 2011
Alan Cozzi wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not keeping up with the evidence. You are not aware what the medical and scientific community says about hemp.
Marijuanna is much, much safer than booze or even, asprin. Simple fact ( worldfactbook.com , cia.com , nationmaster.com )
I have evidence for my positions that pot is safe.
You have only your silly, uneducated opinion.
Smoke on.
No smokomg of anything is SAFE!
Honesthought

New London, WI

#189 Aug 27, 2011
Smoking of anything is NOT safe!
Camilla

Olive Branch, MS

#190 Aug 27, 2011
Honesthought wrote:
<quoted text>
NO, teenagers and younger kids will buy sruff from dealers or from their parents.
A law is a law, and those who break them are criminals.
they aren't doing that now are they?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Letterman's 33-year journey from cult her... Sat Neville Thompson 7
News Comedian Michael Palascak to Perform at SalusCa... May 15 LEO 477 1
News Lane Bryant controversy: This model 'loves bein... (Apr '10) May 8 SillyGirl503 10
News VIDEO: Mitt Romney 'Reflects'; Talks 2016 Elect... Mar '15 Le Duped 1
News 105-year-old Melbourne woman may be heading to ... (Sep '06) Oct '14 1979jnap 5
News Jay Leno bringing Late Night to the Keith Albee... (Oct '14) Oct '14 jim westerfield 3
News Is Jimmy Fallon sitting pretty? (Jan '10) Aug '14 Silly times 10
More from around the web