Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who C...

Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?

There are 186 comments on the KCBS story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?. In it, KCBS reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said no one cares if you smoke a joint. The Hollywood actor-turned-governor signed a law five weeks ago that made possession of up to an ounce of marijuana the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Honesthought

Waupaca, WI

#191 Aug 28, 2011
Camilla wrote:
<quoted text>they aren't doing that now are they?
Yes, teenagers ARE doing that now, and children will continue to do AFTER legalization of any substance. If POT were to become legal, people would get it and sell it on the street at a higher profit like they do Vicodin or speed.

Or, if it was by Rx only, those who can't do without would buy supplemental pot on the street. Like they do now with other Rx drugs.

The only solution is is to address addictions and find ways to promote healthy life styles.

Besides, look where Arnold's lifestyle has lead HIM! Sigh......
Honesthought

Waupaca, WI

#192 Aug 28, 2011
And, the Mexican Cartels are STILL killing themselves and others......Because of the demand for drugs, not Mexican oil or gold or precious stones, but drugs..........

WOW! I'd even opt for a corrupt oil production in Mexico over what the drugs are doing .......

And, for smart alecks who will write back " I grow my own".... Grow up!
Marla

Brooksville, FL

#193 Aug 28, 2011
I'd like to hollow out a Phillie Blunt and smoke a fatty with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/fat%20thon...

“Good luck with that !!!!”

Since: Dec 10

Dover Plains, NY

#194 Aug 28, 2011
Honesthought wrote:
Smoking of anything is NOT safe!
But vaporization or digesting is just fine.

Dover Plains, NY

#195 Aug 28, 2011
Honesthought wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, teenagers ARE doing that now, and children will continue to do AFTER legalization of any substance. If POT were to become legal, people would get it and sell it on the street at a higher profit like they do Vicodin or speed.
Or, if it was by Rx only, those who can't do without would buy supplemental pot on the street. Like they do now with other Rx drugs.
The only solution is is to address addictions and find ways to promote healthy life styles.
Besides, look where Arnold's lifestyle has lead HIM! Sigh......
Ok, so why is it that just because someone likes cannabis, they are automatically "addicted"??? It is possible to enjoy cannabis, or a number of other things, without being "addicted" to it or letting it run your life.
One can live a perfectly healthy lifestyle and enjoy cannabis through vapor or foodstuffs.
Is it the right thing to do in a supposedly free society to enact laws under false pretenses??? Because that is the basis of cannabis prohibition. If you checked the history behind it, then you know I'm right.
People are buying legal alcohol and re-selling to kids, but that's still no reason to re-ban it.
As for Arnold, he was a champion bodybuilder and a Governor. He made two mistakes (cheating on his wife and hiding the love child) but none of us are perfect. Still, can't really call him a slacker.

Dover Plains, NY

#196 Aug 28, 2011
Honesthought wrote:
And, the Mexican Cartels are STILL killing themselves and others......Because of the demand for drugs, not Mexican oil or gold or precious stones, but drugs..........
WOW! I'd even opt for a corrupt oil production in Mexico over what the drugs are doing .......
And, for smart alecks who will write back " I grow my own".... Grow up!
Ummm, no. I couldn't care less if the cartels are killing themselves. But the real civilian damage didn't start until AFTER Calderon, with the help of the DEA and the Justice Dept (the same Justice Dept that ended up providing the cartels with a paltry few thousand weapons) started his "war" on the cartels. Amazing how you all forget that little tidbit.
The demand, however, was always there. So, you can't equate the demand for cannabis with the deaths of innocents. Those deaths lie squarely on the U.S. Govt's ridiculous prohibition, and the enforcement of it, designed to do nothing else than to make money for a few of their lobbyist friends and the corporations that put money into the pol's coffers.
And finally, yes, you tell people to "grow up" because, despite your denial, you know that if folks could grow their own without worrying about prosecution, that your cartel argument would have yet another less leg to stand on. You blame the deaths on the demand, yet when a solution to that demand is discussed, you dismiss it. Why is growing cannabis any different than growing grapes for wine or hops for beer? It's all doing the same thing in the end, isn't it ???
There is no valid reason for this prohibition, nor is there any valid reason to continue the demonization of cannabis.
Also, no valid reason for it's continued Sched I classification.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Obama Out': President ending reign as pop cult... Jan 7 Goose 4
News Trump definitely turns 70 on Tuesday (Jun '16) Jun '16 Funny That 1
News Minnesota eagle, a symbol for wounded vets, die... (May '16) May '16 Old Sam 1
News 2Cellos are back in a bigger Mesa venue (Apr '16) Apr '16 Rome 1
When will the National Enquirer and TMZ expose ... (Aug '15) Aug '15 JRworld15 1
News #TBT: White House Hopefuls Be Jammin' (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dont Strip My Mind 1
News David Letterman's 33-year journey from cult her... (May '15) May '15 Neville Thompson 7
More from around the web