Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who C...

Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?

There are 186 comments on the KCBS story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Smoke Pot? Schwarzenegger Says, Who Cares?. In it, KCBS reports that:

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said no one cares if you smoke a joint. The Hollywood actor-turned-governor signed a law five weeks ago that made possession of up to an ounce of marijuana the equivalent of a traffic ticket.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBS.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

“The sheep need protection.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2 Nov 9, 2010
I am sure Arnold does not mind his kids smoking a joint. Has social services been to his home?

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

#5 Nov 9, 2010
America needs to relax and adopt a more Dutch approach to marijuana laws. Enough already.
x smoker

United States

#8 Nov 9, 2010
Saluki Rod wrote:
America needs to relax and adopt a more Dutch approach to marijuana laws. Enough already.
I Agree with you..if it was legal think of how much money we would save trying to fight it...We would make the money thru taxes to fight all the other drugs that are not all natural
ram-a-lang-a-din g-dang

Covina, CA

#9 Nov 9, 2010
x smoker wrote:
<quoted text>I Agree with you..if it was legal think of how much money we would save trying to fight it...We would make the money thru taxes to fight all the other drugs that are not all natural
We "might" save money on fighting it, but, we'd end up spending it somewhere else. More people would be out of a job because they got fired for being loaded, or called in sick too many times cause they were loaded, therefore, more people would be standing in the unemployment line or welfare line, and our TAXES would go up. Either way, we're doomed.

As far as pot being "natural"? Just cause it's natural doesn't mean its good for you. Caffiene is natural, but, when you get too much, you get addicted to the "feeling" and it messes with your intestines and its just bad.

But, if you all wanna kill yourselves, smoke it!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#10 Nov 9, 2010
Pot will make you jump off buildings
amazed

Watsonville, CA

#11 Nov 9, 2010
What a pothead
Jack Offman

San Jose, CA

#12 Nov 9, 2010
Pot makes people kill their lovers.

“RUN, FACISM IS COMMING!!!”

Since: Jul 08

SUBURBIA

#13 Nov 9, 2010
ram-a-lang-a-ding-dang wrote:
<quoted text>
We "might" save money on fighting it, but, we'd end up spending it somewhere else. More people would be out of a job because they got fired for being loaded, or called in sick too many times cause they were loaded, therefore, more people would be standing in the unemployment line or welfare line, and our TAXES would go up. Either way, we're doomed.
As far as pot being "natural"? Just cause it's natural doesn't mean its good for you. Caffiene is natural, but, when you get too much, you get addicted to the "feeling" and it messes with your intestines and its just bad.
But, if you all wanna kill yourselves, smoke it!
You are not keeping up with the evidence. You are not aware what the medical and scientific community says about hemp.

Marijuanna is much, much safer than booze or even, asprin. Simple fact ( worldfactbook.com , cia.com , nationmaster.com )

I have evidence for my positions that pot is safe.

You have only your silly, uneducated opinion.

Smoke on.
CharlesP

Cartersville, GA

#14 Nov 9, 2010
x smoker wrote:
<quoted text>I Agree with you..if it was legal think of how much money we would save trying to fight it...We would make the money thru taxes to fight all the other drugs that are not all natural
Legalizing pot will NOT stop crimes from being committed/people needing to investigate pot crimes. The TYPE of crimes committed will change a bit.
Example: Alcohol is legal, but the Russian Mafia still tried to illegally smuggle VODKA to the USA by adding blue coloring to it and calling it WINDSHEILD WIPER FLUID. This was TO AVOID THE IMPORT TAXES and to make a BIGGER PROFIT than they would with legal importation.
Similar crimes would occur with pot, such as smuggling it to sell to underage kids, with the goals of making money, avoiding taxes and the hope of selling those kids a harder drug (cocaine, heroin, etc) at some later point in the future.
And people would grow their own, to avoid taxes. This is similar to moonshiners making bootleg whiskey (which still occurs today).
kazizupdiznufus

Scottsdale, AZ

#16 Nov 9, 2010
im movin to california
Ho Lee Schitt

Doylestown, PA

#18 Nov 9, 2010
The governor did the right thing. The laws against cannabis do more harm that the so called 'drug' itself. Millions have had their lives ruined by a criminal record for minor pot offenses. I was totally shocked when I learned that a young person could lose their college financial aid jusr for being caught with a joint! This madness needs to stop now!!
candy

Montezuma, GA

#19 Nov 9, 2010
arnold cant talk right has he been smoking that stufff i cant hear you holor boy am stoned
Reality

Lakewood, CA

#20 Nov 9, 2010
Saluki Rod wrote:
If everyone smoked pot, we'd have more janitors like you...
GOP 2010-12

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Nov 9, 2010
my janitors pee inna cup-we employ NO POTHEADS-from janitor on up to CEO we all pee!-n yes as CEO I pee too--to show I'm fair....

nothing wrong with janitor work-at least there working n not sponging offa the rest of us.

“Brain Kneader”

Since: Sep 10

EVERYWHERE

#22 Nov 9, 2010
GOP 2010-12 wrote:
my janitors pee inna cup-we employ NO POTHEADS-from janitor on up to CEO we all pee!-n yes as CEO I pee too--to show I'm fair....
nothing wrong with janitor work-at least there working n not sponging offa the rest of us.
I will thit in your mouth.
Are we not adults

Chico, CA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
Why is it considered "ok" for local, state, or federal governments to tell individual adult citizens what they are allowed to grow/smoke/consume?
This is a huge infringement on personal liberty. It also creates an oppressive government-run drug-enforcement machine that infringes on multiple other liberties (including constitutional liberties such as protection from unlawful government search and seizure). The people have ceded far too much authority to the government.
It is time for those of us on the right in this country (at least those of us who care about personal liberty) to denounce these drug laws as we do tax laws and gun-control laws.

“A Generic User”

Since: Jan 10

Another Person on the Internet

#24 Nov 10, 2010
Are we not adults wrote:
Why is it considered "ok" for local, state, or federal governments to tell individual adult citizens what they are allowed to grow/smoke/consume?
This is a huge infringement on personal liberty. It also creates an oppressive government-run drug-enforcement machine that infringes on multiple other liberties (including constitutional liberties such as protection from unlawful government search and seizure). The people have ceded far too much authority to the government.
It is time for those of us on the right in this country (at least those of us who care about personal liberty) to denounce these drug laws as we do tax laws and gun-control laws.
Well it makes some sense to a certain extent. If you make meth legal, quite a few people will keep taking it until their eyeballs pop out.

“Brain Kneader”

Since: Sep 10

EVERYWHERE

#25 Nov 10, 2010
Real Morgan Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it makes some sense to a certain extent. If you make meth legal, quite a few people will keep taking it until their eyeballs pop out.
So what do you care if they pop their eyes out. Do you care so much as to wipe their asstoo?

“The sheep need protection.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#26 Nov 10, 2010
Are we not adults wrote:
When your "personal liberty" interfers with others "personal liberty" then the government has a right to stop it.

As it has been pointed out alcohol is a drug. Driving drunk can interfer with others people freedom to be on the road without being injuried or killed by a drunk driver.

MJ, coke, meth, ect impair judgement just like alcohol. Druggers would behave the same as alcoholics. Why add to the problem?

I still stand behind my first statement that Arnold would not allow his own kids to get high. I am sure he would stop that crap as soon as he found out. That or kick em to the curb.

“hellshade”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#27 Nov 10, 2010
when it comes down to it 99.9% of the people on this planet are drug users whether you wish to believe it or not. take an asprin for that headache? your a drug user. take ibufrofen for that back ache? your a drug user. drink caffienated coffee every morning? your a drug user.
cough medicine for that cough? your a drug user.
go to the bar for a few drinks? your a drug user. need i go on?

what the issue here is just a matter of what drugs are legal and which are not. now if you take alcohol for instance with heavy or extended use over the years it damages every organ in the body,kills brain cells and causes violent mood swings i many people that use it. but that's all ok with the goverment becauseit'slegal and they make money from it and it gives people jobs. pot on the other hand does not make people violent. pot also does not cause damages to all internal organs nor does it cause throat or lung cancer like tobacco(yes another"legal" drug)though as to braincell loss i don't know if there have been any studies to that effect as yet.

how many people die each year from using these legal drugs? how many drink themselves to death,or driving drunk have killed whole families by crossing the double yellows and causing a head on crash? how many people die each year from lung and throat cancer from the various brands of cigarettes sold every year and all perfectly legal.

granted thier are many drugs that should be illegal but pot is not one of them. it causes less harm than most legal drugs and these are proven facts if you actually go look for the data instead of listening to bullshit talking points from politicians....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When will the National Enquirer and TMZ expose ... Aug 28 JRworld15 1
News #TBT: White House Hopefuls Be Jammin' Jun '15 Dont Strip My Mind 1
News David Letterman's 33-year journey from cult her... May '15 Neville Thompson 7
News Comedian Michael Palascak to Perform at SalusCa... May '15 LEO 477 1
News Lane Bryant controversy: This model 'loves bein... (Apr '10) May '15 SillyGirl503 10
News VIDEO: Mitt Romney 'Reflects'; Talks 2016 Elect... Mar '15 Le Duped 1
News 105-year-old Melbourne woman may be heading to ... (Sep '06) Oct '14 1979jnap 5
More from around the web