Talk-show host Tavis Smiley tackles O...

Talk-show host Tavis Smiley tackles Obama and race

There are 7 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jul 21, 2008, titled Talk-show host Tavis Smiley tackles Obama and race. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Tavis Smiley is all wound up. His voice is rough from too much vocalizing, but the host of public television's "Tavis Smiley" talk show and public radio's "The Tavis Smiley Show" is on an oratorical roll about ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

Slate Gaymon

Wilmington, DE

#1 Jul 23, 2008
Tavis is good journalist and up to his diss on Barack, I was in agreement with his content.\

Barack Obama needed to be on the campaign trail the during the time that Tavis had his Symposium in New Orleans; he became very negative toward Obama when he could not appear there.

Obama is a man who has a sincere passion for good and right. He will help the overall nation; improve international relations; and put us back on the correct path.Furthermore, he will assist in the ending of the abysmal takeover in Iraq.

Submitted:
Salathiel M. Gaymon "Slate Gaymon
Slate Gaymon

Wilmington, DE

#2 Jul 23, 2008
Tavis is good journalist and up to his diss on Barack, I was in agreement with his content.\

Barack Obama needed to be on the campaign trail the during the time that Tavis had his Symposium in New Orleans; he became very negative toward Obama when he could not appear there.

Obama is a man who has a sincere passion for good and right. He will help the overall nation; improve international relations; and put us back on the correct path.Furthermore, he will assist in the ending of the abysmal takeover in Iraq.

Submitted:
Salathiel M. Gaymon "Slate Gaymon
Another View

Locust Grove, GA

#3 Jul 23, 2008
While I deeply respect Tavis Smiley and have followed his show for many years, I do think he has gotten it wrong this time. Sen. Obama is trying to change the conversation about race and it appears that Mr. Smiley is stuck in the conversation we had yesterday. It is high time we move on. Yes, there are still inequities, however, remember everyone on this planet has more in common than we have differences and that is what Sen. Obama emphasizes.
Robbin Bell of New Jersey

Hopkins, MN

#4 Jul 23, 2008
Tavis I have always admired you and you have one of the most incredible minds in our country!
Keep doing what you do! But we need to have change and get Obama Elected and nothing would make me happier than to see you have the first interview with him that Historical Night!
Be Blessed and keep doing what you and only you can do!!!!!
Thanks
Charles Rankin

Columbia, SC

#5 Jul 23, 2008
Tavis,

I've been a voter since 1964; when I was a child I saw my parents go and vote. All I every seen is a white man sitting at the head of the table {never in the second seat either}.

You may find this hard to believe you are not always right and your game is not the only game in town.

If you can't help the brother, stop kicking him when he trying to be the first person of color to be the most powerful man in the world.
George Bouknight

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 23, 2008
Well said, Robbin. I couldn't agree more. Tavis continues each and every day to do what some of us respect and appreciate in him. We love when he scrutinized some and we hope that he protects others. Some call it "keeping your family business in-house". Yes family, that's what we are so let me be the first to say that I am proud to have two bothers (Tavis and Obama) that are out drawing the map for black people to follow. We’ve been keeping our eyes on the prize, now let's get the treasure!
Robbin Bell of New Jersey wrote:
Tavis I have always admired you and you have one of the most incredible minds in our country!
Keep doing what you do! But we need to have change and get Obama Elected and nothing would make me happier than to see you have the first interview with him that Historical Night!
Be Blessed and keep doing what you and only you can do!!!!!
Thanks
Question Authority

Myrtle Beach, SC

#7 Jul 23, 2008
Generally I enjoy Travis' shows.

I've never found him to ask the penetrating questions though. I view him as a guy who throws softballs during his interviews.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Tavis Smiley Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Karen Grigsby Bates (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fora 1
News Talk-show host Tavis Smiley tackles Obama and race (Jul '08) Dec '10 Mombasa Bay 59
News Prince opens up to public TV's Tavis Smiley (Apr '09) Apr '09 Gloria Carter 1
News Self-proclaimed experts exploit ignorance of Islam (Apr '07) Apr '09 muslim 63
News Rahm Emanuel grilled by NBC "Meet the Press" ho... (Feb '09) Mar '09 John M 4
News Tavis Smiley's Big Weekend: The State of the Bl... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Da 9th Element 9
News Radio Host Says Tavis Smiley May Have Left Show... (Nov '08) Nov '08 TARA WALTON 1
More from around the web