quick view: 'Jesse Stone: Thin Ice'

quick view: 'Jesse Stone: Thin Ice'

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 26, 2009, titled quick view: 'Jesse Stone: Thin Ice'. In it, Newsday reports that:

WHERE Sunday at 9 p.m. on CBS/2 THE DEAL It's been almost two years since Tom Selleck 's last turn as novelist Robert B. Parker's small-town Massachusetts police chief, but the crime dramas have earned solid ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gail F

New York, NY

#1 Mar 2, 2009
Tom Selleck and the Jesse Stone series are an outstanding contribution to the banal television viewing that floods the airways. This, and NCIS, are intelligent and compelling in every aspect.

Thin Ice was another consistently good contribution from Tom Selleck. A good story line, humor, great photography (love that dog who looks as sad as Tom!) and great characters who truly know how to act...all makes for an eagerly awaited sequel.

Bravo, CBS!!! Bravo, Tom!!! You were never better!
Gail F

New York, NY

#2 Mar 2, 2009
Gail F is from New York City, NOT Ajax, Canada!

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Gail F wrote:
Tom Selleck and the Jesse Stone series are an outstanding contribution to the banal television viewing that floods the airways. This, and NCIS, are intelligent and compelling in every aspect.
Thin Ice was another consistently good contribution from Tom Selleck. A good story line, humor, great photography (love that dog who looks as sad as Tom!) and great characters who truly know how to act...all makes for an eagerly awaited sequel.
Bravo, CBS!!! Bravo, Tom!!! You were never better!
I agree. I've been following the Jesse Stone novels for years and was thrilled when Selleck took on the TV series. I have one criticism and that's that I think it takes too long for the next installment to hit the airwaves. I just looked it up and thankfully, there is another one in production for '09. There were a lot of unanswered questions last night.

Also, I was annoyed at the unusually large amount of commercial breaks. Other than that, I enjoyed the newest chapter. Gotta love Selleck--aged to perfection!

NCIS--Very well written. Gibbs and Stone are a lot a like, I think....
tim

Booneville, MS

#4 Mar 9, 2009
Thin as Ice posted high ratings. I wish it would be made into a series.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Practice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News James Spader is cast as 'Ultron' in Avengers film (Oct '13) Oct '13 binaries 1
News Dylan McDermott Gets Locked in a Freezer (Sep '13) Sep '13 dmw 2
News American Horror Story (Oct '12) Oct '12 luv Sarah Palin 3
News Lara Flynn Boyle Gets Hitched in Texas (Dec '06) Apr '12 zebo 6
News TV best bets: Wed., Oct. 12 (Oct '11) Oct '11 Emily 1
News Marla Sokoloff: I'm Having a Baby Girl | Marla ... (Sep '11) Sep '11 SJG 1
News James Spader Is The New 'CEO' Of 'The Office' (Jul '11) Jul '11 Roberta 1
More from around the web