NPR fires news analyst Juan Williams for telling Fox that Muslims on planes make him nervous

Full story: Fox 8 WGHP

NPR has fired longtime news analyst Juan Williams, also a commentator on the Fox News Channel, after he told Bill O'Reilly that he gets nervous when he sees people in Muslim garb on an airplane.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 23, 2010
oh yea

Lexington, NC

#1 Oct 21, 2010
what the hell. He`s not sllowed to speak. this is Bull Shtt.
Louise

Fremont, CA

#2 Oct 22, 2010
Speaking truthfully about one's fears and beliefs shouldn't be squelched just because someone may be offended by it. My outspokenness about being proud to be an atheist angers people who want me to say I believe in their god just to confirm their own beliefs. I also believe Israel's ruthless invasion and theft of Palestinian property is exactly what their Bronze Age barbaric ancestors did to the Palestinian ancestors. I have a right to express my opinions if I believe in them. So does Juan Williams.
Memnoch

Dallas, TX

#3 Oct 22, 2010
"Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one"
To some peeps, someone else's a**hole err opinion may stink. Or they may find it bloody revolting. All the while, the person with the a**hole...err...opinion may think their own smells a whole lot sweeter than everyone else's when everyone thinks otherwise. Then when that person catches a whiff of another person's opinion, it reeks just as bad to them.
Peeps just don't fathom that their own opinions stink just as bad as another person's.

P.S. Always wipe really good, bathe regularly and change your underwear everyday
Fuzz

Greensboro, NC

#4 Oct 22, 2010
The skit Saturday Night Live does of NPR is basically all they really are these days. In the same circumstance, everybody deep down would feel the exact way Juan described he felt.
The irony is that they're too afraid to say that they are too afraid!!! I'm not. They scare me and I want them to go away.
Glenn

West Jordan, UT

#6 Oct 23, 2010
I thought the NPR was supposed to be fair in its views. I think Williams statement accuratly reflected his views. I don't see them as racist but someones opinion. I certainly do not see it as dangerous or even a serious comment. He did not advocate any action about Muslims.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The O'Reilly Factor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Response to Bill O'Reilly: Jesus Didn't Start a... 2 hr Ben_Masada 138
Wednesday Cable Ratings: O'Reilly's Return Help... Aug 21 James 2
'O'Reilly Factor' Correspondent Trolls San Fran... Jul '14 Buffalo Bull 13
Bill O'Reilly: Exploiting the brutal murders in... May '14 Sol 1
Things Get Tense When Geraldo Rivera Accuses Bi... (Feb '14) Feb '14 sheepleloveroyalty 1
O'Reilly to interview Obama for Super Bowl preg... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Paytoon Manage 12
Oreily complaining about the news misrepresenti... (Dec '13) Dec '13 mikestp 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The O'Reilly Factor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••