York College prof uses 'The Office' f...

York College prof uses 'The Office' for teaching

There are 4 comments on the InYork story from Feb 4, 2010, titled York College prof uses 'The Office' for teaching. In it, InYork reports that:

Fictional TV character Michael Scott was tasked with choosing a new health care plan for his Dunder-Mifflin employees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at InYork.

Creed

Mount Laurel, NJ

#1 Feb 4, 2010
Sounds like the lazy man's way to teach. The Office is a spoof. It in no way relates to reality. If the Junior thinks people will quit if an employer cuts healthcare, she should study the recent Harley Davidson incident instead of The Office.
Apollo

York, PA

#2 Feb 5, 2010
Creed wrote:
Sounds like the lazy man's way to teach. The Office is a spoof. It in no way relates to reality. If the Junior thinks people will quit if an employer cuts healthcare, she should study the recent Harley Davidson incident instead of The Office.
"The Office" is satire. It exaggerates common (and recognizable) situations for humorous effect. I think using the show seems like an interesting and creative way of illustrating ethical issues related to the workplace.
Creed

York, PA

#3 Feb 5, 2010
As I said, the lazy man's way out.
Ian

York, PA

#4 Feb 8, 2010
Yeah EVAN!!! Do it big BROTHER!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Office Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ricky Gervais Slams Arrogant Actors Who Thank God (Jan '12) Apr '15 beenthere 66
News Ricky Gervais on how he became pen pals with Da... (Sep '13) Apr '15 wmd06 3
News Jimmy Fallon and Ricky Gervais Play "Funny Face... Apr '15 wmd06 2
News Pentagon 2008 study claims Putin has Asperger's... (Feb '15) Feb '15 No Excuses 1
News Rainn Wilson is reinvented on 'Backstrom,' back... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mexico volcano ex... 1
News the Wind Rises (Nov '14) Nov '14 SHlTCHINAUKRAINED... 2
News Comedian Mindy Kaling On Refusing To Be An Outs... (Oct '14) Oct '14 LookingToEscape 1
More from around the web