Who says talk will heal racial divide?

Who says talk will heal racial divide?

There are 4 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 24, 2009, titled Who says talk will heal racial divide?. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Hey, black folks, do you know any white folks? Good. OK, I want you to go up to them right now and, as politely as you can, start sharing your most deeply held racial views.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Max

Boone, NC

#1 Feb 24, 2009
One has to look no further than Sharpton, et al, being so "outraged" at the NY Post cartoon. He wants everyone at the Post fired, and a full government investigation.

Now anyone who thinks about this for more than 5 seconds can understand there was no intent by the Post to imply that the President was a Chimp because the President didn't author the bill, Pelosi and Reid did. But even more to the point, according to these "correct " people it's ok to imply that a white person is thinking like a chimp, but it's not ok to imply that a black person is thinking like a chimp.

This incident reminds me of one in Georgia a few years. A black woman wanted a local police officer fired because while on duty, on a very hot day, monitoring a black pride parade, he was eating a banana. That's it. Nothing more. And she wanted him fired.

Cowards? Hardly.
Max

Boone, NC

#2 Feb 24, 2009
Want another sterling example? Topix considers the word for a Tarzan pet that rhymes with shrimp to be nasty enough to censor. See my post above. Now how crazy is that?
Omni

Englewood, TN

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Black, white, chinese, jewish , hispanic etc History Month only divides us. We should only have American History Month and teach about american contributions that include everybody white,black, yellow, blue etc
Marty

Pembroke, NC

#4 Mar 3, 2009
The good news is that racism is an equal opportunity employer. jesse jackson, al sharpton, jeremy wright, louis farrakhan, and cynthia mckinney are all racists and are a disgrace to the legacy Martin Luther King left to the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Office Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Restricting Calories Makes You More Upbeat, Stu... May 2 Three Days 1
News US comedian Garry Shandling dies aged 66US come... Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Ricky Gervais Slams Arrogant Actors Who Thank God (Jan '12) Apr '15 beenthere 66
News Ricky Gervais on how he became pen pals with Da... (Sep '13) Apr '15 wmd06 3
News Jimmy Fallon and Ricky Gervais Play "Funny Face... (Apr '15) Apr '15 wmd06 2
News Pentagon 2008 study claims Putin has Asperger's... (Feb '15) Feb '15 No Excuses 1
News Rainn Wilson is reinvented on 'Backstrom,' back... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Mexico volcano ex... 1
More from around the web