The dish - Greenwich Time

The dish - Greenwich Time

There are 71 comments on the Greenwich Time story from Mar 7, 2009, titled The dish - Greenwich Time. In it, Greenwich Time reports that:

Scene " Sports columnist Mike Lupica was seen having dinner at Valbella restaurant in Old Greenwich the night of Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greenwich Time.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
QuickieG

Elmsford, NY

#1 Mar 8, 2009
To Greenwich Time Staff:

Valbella restaurant is located in Riverside, not in Old Greenwich. Check your facts before you write your story.
KAL

Garnerville, NY

#2 Mar 8, 2009
The phone book has it listed as Old Greenwich.
KAL

Garnerville, NY

#3 Mar 8, 2009
Their website lists it as Riverside.

Confusing
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Mar 8, 2009
It's on the Riverside side of the border - on the corner of the Post Road and SB Ave (Ext). It used to be called the Gaslight. Regis goes there often. He used to go there with Jack Parr regularly. Big bucks.
QuickieG

Elmsford, NY

#5 Mar 8, 2009
former res wrote:
It's on the Riverside side of the border - on the corner of the Post Road and SB Ave (Ext). It used to be called the Gaslight. Regis goes there often. He used to go there with Jack Parr regularly. Big bucks.
I remember Gaslight (I lived in Riverside for 29yrs) quite well, served good food there.
MARZULLO

Norwalk, CT

#6 Mar 8, 2009
Who Cares?. Do we need an idiotic column like this? People move to Greenwich to escape. Not to be written about by some egomaniac.
Greenwichite

Hicksville, NY

#7 Mar 8, 2009
Yes, Valbella is in Riverside with a zip code of 06878. Don't blame the GT staff - blame the writer, Susie - she's baaaaaaack!
Retired GPD

Garnerville, NY

#8 Mar 9, 2009
Greenwichite wrote:
Yes, Valbella is in Riverside with a zip code of 06878. Don't blame the GT staff - blame the writer, Susie - she's baaaaaaack!
If they could use Sound Beach Ave Ext. as the address it would be OG
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 9, 2009
Retired GPD wrote:
<quoted text>
If they could use Sound Beach Ave Ext. as the address it would be OG
Ret GPD, the north/west side of the Post Road there is Riverside: Adams Gardens, Walgreens (Caldors), Thruway Shopping Center etc. Further toward Stamford, that side of the Post Road is OG - Hillcrest Park etc.
Greenwich Girl

Cos Cob, CT

#10 Mar 9, 2009
That entire area used to be called Adams Corner, and was considered Riverside, hence the 06878 zip code.
Used to live in Riverside

Hudson, NH

#11 Mar 9, 2009
former res wrote:
The good old Gaslight Restaurant used to buy the snapping turtles we fished out of the pond at Adam's Garden. Yumm!

Hudson, NH

#12 Mar 9, 2009
Greenwich Girl wrote:
That entire area used to be called Adams Corner, and was considered Riverside, hence the 06878 zip code.
definitely Riverside.

Hudson, NH

#13 Mar 9, 2009
Greenwichite wrote:
Lol! another 1977 graduate!
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Mar 9, 2009
Used to live in Riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! another 1977 graduate!
Really? Anyone I know?

How's the kid? Welcome home.
Core

New York, NY

#15 Mar 9, 2009
I'm hungry.

ANybody ever check out Susie? Freakin' Hot she is
Core

New York, NY

#16 Mar 9, 2009
Let's ask Kathy Lee...maybe she'd know since she was smart enough to marry an NFL GREAT!!

Hudson, NH

#17 Mar 9, 2009
former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Anyone I know?
How's the kid? Welcome home.
Susie C graduated w/ us. My drama queen is doing fine. She's very sore, heavily medicated and milking it for everything it's worth..lol..j/k. Actually it was great seeing her. We miss her! She only gets home at the holidays now because of her work/school schedule. 78 degrees in DC was nice too, being that we're getting hammered w/snow again today.
former res

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Mar 9, 2009
Used to live in Riverside wrote:
<quoted text>
Susie C graduated w/ us. My drama queen is doing fine. She's very sore, heavily medicated and milking it for everything it's worth..lol..j/k. Actually it was great seeing her. We miss her! She only gets home at the holidays now because of her work/school schedule. 78 degrees in DC was nice too, being that we're getting hammered w/snow again today.
Did Susie go to Eastern?

Glad the patient is doing OK. I had wisdom teeth out also as a "young adult" and it wasn't much fun. It would have been great to have my mom around at the time!

We're in the 50s here today. New grass is starting to appear and we had 6 inches of snow a week ago today.
anonymommy

Stamford, CT

#19 Mar 9, 2009
I have a hard time going to Valbella (I used to go there as a special occasion treat) after the expose in the Fairfield Weekly a few years back, showing their linkage to the Albanians in the mafia.

But that's just me.
Townie

Huntington, NY

#20 Mar 9, 2009
Valbella was a victim of the mafia and now they are free. Great food and the service is excellent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Howard Stern Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Execs at Diddy's Revolt TV unfairly treated whi... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Israelite Suprema... 3
Is Howard Stern still relevant? (Oct '16) Oct '16 Prolapsed Azzhole 1
News Artie Lange on Letterman: drugs, dating & Kim K... (Oct '11) Oct '16 Prolapsed Azzhole 3
News This DJ is OK: Baltimore native Robin Quivers t... (Apr '15) Apr '15 MGJoeViterbo 2
News Jennifer Aniston's most mortifying interview (Apr '15) Apr '15 Noushin 1
News Launch of the Womens Radio Network, WRNW1 (Jul '14) Jul '14 Denise Roberts 1
News Howard Stern says Nicholas David should win, lo... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Agreed 1
More from around the web