Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars

Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars

There are 64 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 7, 2006, titled Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Ellen DeGeneres has been tapped to host next year's Oscars, the Academy of Motions Pictures Arts and Sciences said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
kiobe

Oregon City, OR

#62 Feb 26, 2007
79 years of patting eachother on their designer clothed backs. Only in Hollywood. Their need for attention makes me ill. I like to go to the movies but to make such a big deal and to give awards to the people that can pretend the best infront of a camera is only appreciated by the industry and people that wish they were in the industry. Once and for all Ellen D. has never uttered a funny word in her life, she is not even mildly amusing. It's like saying that Britny Spears in a great musician.
Allyson

London, UK

#63 Mar 16, 2007
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ellen completely sucks as a host. This is so PC. The only reason she is still being offered this is because of her being a lesbian. I guess I'll watch something else this year.
U just jelouse i's got nothing to do with her sexual pereferance it's who she is get over it nd get in to the 20th centuary
dan

Asbury Park, NJ

#66 Oct 19, 2007
she definitely sucks and used poor judgement. she violated a contract and used her celeb to muscle 2 poor women who only want to help defenseless animals. They are now in fear of their lives cause of some whacko who is making death threats against them, thanks to ellen degeneres and her moronic actions. Hope her show goes down the drain!!! Shes annoying!! Good for her!
billy

AOL

#67 Nov 12, 2007
nike wrote:
Congratulations to Ellen....She will do a great job hosting the oscars..Who will be her date?
so what!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Ellen Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wounded Warrior Gets Big Surprise on "Ellen" (May '14) May '14 Paul 1
News Everyone Hatin' On Ellen Including Roseanne (Nov '07) May '13 Libra 2
News Home (May '12) May '12 Larry 1
News Top 10 Greatest Gay Spokespeople of All Time (Mar '12) Apr '12 Pattysboi 34
News Biden Comes Out Against Prop 8 (Oct '08) Aug '11 Mel in MI 91
News Jake and Vienna on Ellen: We were secretly toge... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake Is A Loser 2
News Ellen DeGeneres Makes 'American Idol' Debut Ton... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Wouldnt You Know 4
More from around the web