Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars

Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars

There are 64 comments on the The Associated Press story from Sep 7, 2006, titled Ellen DeGeneres Tapped to Host Oscars . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

Ellen DeGeneres has been tapped to host next year's Oscars, the Academy of Motions Pictures Arts and Sciences said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
nike

Bouse, AZ

#1 Sep 7, 2006
Congratulations to Ellen....She will do a great job hosting the oscars..Who will be her date?
Tony

Maple Grove, MN

#2 Sep 8, 2006
nike wrote:
Congratulations to Ellen....She will do a great job hosting the oscars..Who will be her date?
Ellen completely sucks as a host. This is so PC. The only reason she is still being offered this is because of her being a lesbian. I guess I'll watch something else this year.
Retired2005

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Sep 8, 2006
I refuse to watch anything in which she makes an appearance. Same for Roseanne Barr. Aside from their "orientation" they are crude and disgusting people.
wde01

Big Run, PA

#4 Sep 8, 2006
Why are you all so upset that Ellen Degenerate is hosting that idiotic show? The Oscars suck and so does she.
Buzz Flederjon

Thomaston, GA

#5 Sep 8, 2006
I like Ellen but the headline is wrong. Ellen has never been "tapped".
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#6 Sep 8, 2006
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Ellen completely sucks as a host. This is so PC. The only reason she is still being offered this is because of her being a lesbian. I guess I'll watch something else this year.
What? I think she's funny on her show. But its not really the type of comedy to host the oscars. Are you sure you don't just dislike her cause she's a lesbian? I'll bet you can't give me the name of another lesbian that's hosted the show. She's had on practically all the people in the audience, that could have been a reason they thought she would have good reception.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#7 Sep 8, 2006
Retired2005 wrote:
I refuse to watch anything in which she makes an appearance. Same for Roseanne Barr. Aside from their "orientation" they are crude and disgusting people.
What? Roseanne's not a lesbian. And how's ellen crude and disgusting?
Buzz Flederjon

Thomaston, GA

#8 Sep 8, 2006
Retired2005 wrote:
Alabama redneck. Nuff said.
Retired2005

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Sep 8, 2006
Buzz Flederjon wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama redneck. Nuff said.
Unwarranted assumption. Simply because my server is in Alabama does not make me a redneck.

To Tek: I neither said or inferred that Roseanne was a lesbian. I said she was crude and disgusting. Her grabbing her crotch while attempting to sing the national anthem illustrates that very well.

Because the media glamorizes crude behaviour does not make it the norm and there is at least one generation in this country that finds it offensive. Common decency and civility is dead and buried in this country. My way of objecting to what I find offensive is to not let it in my home.
Tony

Maple Grove, MN

#10 Sep 8, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I think she's funny on her show. But its not really the type of comedy to host the oscars. Are you sure you don't just dislike her cause she's a lesbian? I'll bet you can't give me the name of another lesbian that's hosted the show. She's had on practically all the people in the audience, that could have been a reason they thought she would have good reception.
What? If you read my message...you would see that my first statement was that I think she sucks. She does...I've watched her show(s) and she is not funny. She sucks. I added that the reason I believe she was put on as host is because she is a lesbian. Interesting how you jumped to the conclusion that I was saying she should not be the host because she is a lesbian. I could care less what she does in bed...which is more than I can say for a lot of gay/lesbians today who want to make their bedroom activities a reason for special access.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#11 Sep 8, 2006
Retired2005 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unwarranted assumption. Simply because my server is in Alabama does not make me a redneck.
To Tek: I neither said or inferred that Roseanne was a lesbian. I said she was crude and disgusting. Her grabbing her crotch while attempting to sing the national anthem illustrates that very well.
Because the media glamorizes crude behaviour does not make it the norm and there is at least one generation in this country that finds it offensive. Common decency and civility is dead and buried in this country. My way of objecting to what I find offensive is to not let it in my home.

Actually, if you reread your original post, you'll see that you did 'infer' what i said earlier. You said 'their' and 'they'. Those words imply you're speaking of more than one person. However, if you weren't refering to Roseanne that's even worse because the statement 'Aside from their "orientation" they are crude and disgusting people' means you were collecting attacking gays. Nor did you explain how ellen is crude and disgusting. Look, i have no problem if you don't like her cause she's a lesbian, but stop beating around the bush and just say that.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#12 Sep 8, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, if you reread your original post, you'll see that you did 'infer' what i said earlier. You said 'their' and 'they'. Those words imply you're speaking of more than one person. However, if you weren't refering to Roseanne that's even worse because the statement 'Aside from their "orientation" they are crude and disgusting people' means you were collecting attacking gays. Nor did you explain how ellen is crude and disgusting. Look, i have no problem if you don't like her cause she's a lesbian, but stop beating around the bush and just say that.
First off, her audience is laughing all the time, as well as her guests. When she did stand up years ago she was the headline of all the acts, ie. those audiences found her funny as well. So, i'm not sure why you're saying she sucks and she's not funny, because its can't possibly be based on her results as a comedian. And i understood perfectly what you meant when you said the it was politically correct to be more sympathetic to her cause of her sexual orientation. I didn't jump to any conclusion. In your first post you didn't give a single reason as to why she would be a poor host, like in your retort when you said she wasn't funny. That's a reason. You said you 'added' that she's a lesbian but you didn't add it to anything. All you said originally was that she was offered the part cause she's a lesbian. You saying ellen sucks is meaningless. Plus she's hosted the emmy's twice so far, so she couldn't have done bad if the oscars now want her. Like i said before you said,'ellen sucks as a host' can't possibly be based on he reception as a host/comedian, lol.
nikki

AOL

#13 Sep 8, 2006
I agree with you, Tek. Can't wait to see the Oscars a few months down the line. Great news for once.
kal

United States

#14 Sep 8, 2006
be polite.................
Carole

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Sep 9, 2006
I do not care about Ellen's sexual, religious, or political orientation. I enjoy her shows and her humor and think she will be a great host.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#16 Sep 9, 2006
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
What? If you read my message...you would see that my first statement was that I think she sucks. She does...I've watched her show(s) and she is not funny. She sucks. I added that the reason I believe she was put on as host is because she is a lesbian. Interesting how you jumped to the conclusion that I was saying she should not be the host because she is a lesbian. I could care less what she does in bed...which is more than I can say for a lot of gay/lesbians today who want to make their bedroom activities a reason for special access.
First off, her audience is laughing all the time, as well as her guests. When she did stand up years ago she was the headline of all the acts, ie. those audiences found her funny as well. So, i'm not sure why you're saying she sucks and she's not funny, because its can't possibly be based on her results as a comedian. And i understood perfectly what you meant when you said the it was politically correct to be more sympathetic to her cause of her sexual orientation. I didn't jump to any conclusion. In your first post you didn't give a single reason as to why she would be a poor host, like in your retort when you said she wasn't funny. That's a reason. You said you 'added' that she's a lesbian but you didn't add it to anything. All you said originally was that she was offered the part cause she's a lesbian. You saying ellen sucks is meaningless. Plus she's hosted the emmy's twice so far, so she couldn't have done bad if the oscars now want her. Like i said before you said,'ellen sucks as a host' can't possibly be based on he reception as a host/comedian, lol.
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#17 Sep 9, 2006
yeah, sorry tony, i originally posted the reply to myself instead of to you
Tony

Maple Grove, MN

#18 Sep 9, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough...I used the word "sucks" to imply that she was not funny. I said, I think she sucks. I stand by that fact. If you find her funny, Tek, than that is fine. You watch her. I think she is not funny, and therefore, sucks. I stand by my first statement....I think she sucks. I will not be watching the Oscars because she sucks. I am not the only one who thinks she sucks. We are entitled to our opinion even if it upsets other lesbians!
Tek

Windsor, Canada

#19 Sep 9, 2006
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair enough...I used the word "sucks" to imply that she was not funny. I said, I think she sucks. I stand by that fact. If you find her funny, Tek, than that is fine. You watch her. I think she is not funny, and therefore, sucks. I stand by my first statement....I think she sucks. I will not be watching the Oscars because she sucks. I am not the only one who thinks she sucks. We are entitled to our opinion even if it upsets other lesbians!
lol. OK. And not that you said i was a lesbian but i'm a striaght 22-year old male. And i don't want to argue but in your first statement you said she sucks, not i think... You're right to say you think she sucks, everyone has their opinion
Tony

Maple Grove, MN

#20 Sep 9, 2006
Tek wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. OK. And not that you said i was a lesbian but i'm a striaght 22-year old male. And i don't want to argue but in your first statement you said she sucks, not i think... You're right to say you think she sucks, everyone has their opinion
And where did I say YOU were a lesbian??? You can't help being a metrosexual. You must have been born that way. lol (see I can type lol, too)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Ellen Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News This gay Iraqi army couple's love story on The ... Jan '17 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News Wounded Warrior Gets Big Surprise on "Ellen" (May '14) May '14 Paul 1
News Everyone Hatin' On Ellen Including Roseanne (Nov '07) May '13 Libra 2
News Home (May '12) May '12 Larry 1
News Top 10 Greatest Gay Spokespeople of All Time (Mar '12) Apr '12 Pattysboi 34
News Biden Comes Out Against Prop 8 (Oct '08) Aug '11 Mel in MI 91
News Jake and Vienna on Ellen: We were secretly toge... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Jake Is A Loser 2
More from around the web