Happy Birthday, Paul McCartney

Happy Birthday, Paul McCartney

There are 49 comments on the open.salon.com story from Jun 17, 2011, titled Happy Birthday, Paul McCartney. In it, open.salon.com reports that:

Happy 69th birthday to Sir James Paul McCartney. Quarrymen/Silver Beatles/Beatles/Wings

Join the discussion below, or Read more at open.salon.com.

Pennywise

AOL

#23 Jun 22, 2011
Happy birthday
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#24 Jun 22, 2011
Hey dumbas Jane, you misspelled "peace sign". LOL you are such a loser. Die, Jane, die. Nobody loves you, when you're a flopping lier. Nobody sees you when your mind is brainwashed with senseless crap. Couldn't help myself! Jane, I hope you know that on The Beatles and on the Yoko Ono forum I posted about you. Did ya read it? LOL you suck so much.
Bubba

Seattle, WA

#25 Jun 22, 2011
Jane wrote:
All you idiots are supporting a criminal named Paul MCCartney. When the truth comes out you will fell like dirt! No one on this post cares a thing about John Lennon. You all support that evil creep that when Lennon was murdered all he could do was put up a peice sign and say I am busy writing a song.
All you Idealist are supporting a minimal named Raul McCafney.when Ruth comes out you will fill like Kirt!No one on this Pot cares a thing about Joan Lemmon.You all support that Bowvevil creep that when Joan Lemmon was mezmurized all she could do was put up Peas sing and say I an lusty riding along.Imagine Whirled Peas lame Jane Lol.
Bub OCasey

Seattle, WA

#26 Jun 22, 2011
Jane wrote:
McCartney was always jealous of John Lennon because John was the favorite Beatle. When John was killed McCartney was happy.
McCafney was always Zealous of Joan Lemmon because Joan was the favorite Ruttle.When Joan was thrilled McCafney was slappy.
Anti Jane

Dallas, TX

#27 Jun 22, 2011
Jane wrote:
All you idiots are supporting a criminal named Paul MCCartney. When the truth comes out you will fell like dirt! No one on this post cares a thing about John Lennon. You all support that evil creep that when Lennon was murdered all he could do was put up a peice sign and say I am busy writing a song.
And you are a poor excuse for a human being.
Your slutty mother lied to you Patricia, you are not Lennon's lovechild, you need to go away and rot.
You are jealous of McCartney, and you are a Wacko Jacko fan in disguise.
Bub OCasey

Seattle, WA

#28 Jun 22, 2011
Jane I am here to inform you that you are not any secret Love child you are simply the Retarded glove child.You wear one glove just like jiveass Michael Jackson and you make up stories because you don't have a life.No facts only shuck and jive Lame Jane.No one believes your stupid nonsense so why not give it up and put on your glove and then stick your hand up a pigs butt.that way we can say Jane is stuck at the moment and can't return to topix for a long while.
Mitch

AOL

#29 Jun 22, 2011
OMG Jane!... Your logic is both diluted and convoluted. We ALL care about JOHN LENNON, however, this is the PAUL MCCARTNEY WEBSITE!. Sure there was tension between all of them. They were all together for 6 years as a group. They're bound to get on each other nerves. However and obviously, were going to be talking about and praising Sir Paul, just as people would be doing on the JOHN LENNON WEBSITE. Sir Paul wasn't jealous of John. He looked up to him!... I don't know how in the world your thought process works??? Evil?? Your'e on the wrong website...
NO HATERS ALLOWED!
Bubba

Bothell, WA

#30 Jun 22, 2011
Mitch wrote:
OMG Jane!... Your logic is both diluted and convoluted. We ALL care about JOHN LENNON, however, this is the PAUL MCCARTNEY WEBSITE!. Sure there was tension between all of them. They were all together for 6 years as a group. They're bound to get on each other nerves. However and obviously, were going to be talking about and praising Sir Paul, just as people would be doing on the JOHN LENNON WEBSITE. Sir Paul wasn't jealous of John. He looked up to him!... I don't know how in the world your thought process works??? Evil?? Your'e on the wrong website...
NO HATERS ALLOWED!
You tell her Mitch! This Lame Jane is always coming on here bad mouthing Sir Paul and making up her lame stories about some secret Love Child that Paul and Yoko hid from John.She doesn't realize how stupid her stories are and no one believes her jive anyway.
C P McCarthy

Medina, OH

#31 Jun 22, 2011
Jane wrote:
McCartney has just stated that John Lennon was soley responsible for the breakup of the Beatles. Wow, finally he is talking truthfully about this. My opinion they are getting ready to announce John's little american love child daughter secret. McCartney is playing in the Bronx soon where the daughter lives. Yeah, it won't be long now. I mean why do they keep analyzing why the Beatles broke up and whose fault was it. Now Paul says it was only John Lennon's fault and not Yoko Ono's fault. What took Paul so long to come out with that truth? Is it because he knows he must confess about how Lennon was in a depression over this daughter he was forbidden to see? Yeah, it is confession time 40 something years later. I told you people Jane is gonna be right!
I can't believe you're still on here spewing the same load of horse crap considering it was IMPOSSIBLE that John even conceived this child when and where you claim.

The Glove Child don't fit, you must acquit.

Give it up! It's over!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Sir Paul! Keep on rockin'!
Stringbeans Forever

Bothell, WA

#32 Jun 22, 2011
Jane eat more stringbeans and stop all your jiveass nonsense.
I buried Paul

Nashville, TN

#33 Jun 23, 2011
Happy Birthday Paul,

I know that John Lennon who fancied himself while addicted to heroin a the embodiment of Jesus Christ was jealous of your talents. Without you there would have been no "Beatles" which is evidenced by the success you continued to have after the Beatles. John Lennon became a "deadbeat."

Try to cut down on the face-lifts because you and Joan Rivers look like you have had so many that your ears meet in the back of your head.

Always get a pre-nup and don't get your @ss kicked by another one-legged woman!
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#34 Jun 23, 2011
I buried Paul wrote:
Happy Birthday Paul,
I know that John Lennon who fancied himself while addicted to heroin a the embodiment of Jesus Christ was jealous of your talents. Without you there would have been no "Beatles" which is evidenced by the success you continued to have after the Beatles. John Lennon became a "deadbeat."
Try to cut down on the face-lifts because you and Joan Rivers look like you have had so many that your ears meet in the back of your head.
Always get a pre-nup and don't get your @ss kicked by another one-legged woman!
Well, that's an interesting way to say "happy birthday". No need to criticize John or bring up Heather. That was the past, it's the future now and Paul is going to make good decisions now hopefully.
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#35 Jun 23, 2011
Oh, and I Buried Paul, John was not jealous of Paul, if anything it was Paul who was jealous of John in the early days. He was wanting John's attention a lot back then, even getting jealous of Stu Sutcliffe because he and John were good friends. So there's no need to make accusations towards anyone,'k?
Seymour Budtz

Nashville, TN

#36 Jun 23, 2011
A Yoko Ono fan wrote:
Oh, and I Buried Paul, John was not jealous of Paul, if anything it was Paul who was jealous of John in the early days. He was wanting John's attention a lot back then, even getting jealous of Stu Sutcliffe because he and John were good friends. So there's no need to make accusations towards anyone,'k?
You must not know much about John Lennon or his jealously against Paul. John was furious that Paul filed suit to end the Lennon-McCartney partnership and subsequently "the Beatles." He wrote numerous phrases in his songs attacking Paul including one rarely heard "How do you sleep!" Lennon was a narcissistic "would have been."

Since you are a no talent "Yoko Oh No!" fan try this one out for size:

Q; What's dead and came in a yellow bag?
A; John Lennon

Lol!
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#37 Jun 23, 2011
Seymour Budtz wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not know much about John Lennon or his jealously against Paul. John was furious that Paul filed suit to end the Lennon-McCartney partnership and subsequently "the Beatles." He wrote numerous phrases in his songs attacking Paul including one rarely heard "How do you sleep!" Lennon was a narcissistic "would have been."
Since you are a no talent "Yoko Oh No!" fan try this one out for size:
Q; What's dead and came in a yellow bag?
A; John Lennon.
Lol!
That little joke of yours was not funny at all, in my opinion. And I know lots about John Lennon, believe me, and I have the song How Do You Sleep on my iPhone too. Don't criticize me and my taste in music, I'll do what I want and listen to what I want. So I know enough about John Lennon to know that he and Paul were not enemies, they both had a tremendous amount of talent, and sure, they probably were a little jealous of one another at a time, but they had no reason to be. Two talented men. So I'm smart, I'm not stupid, okay?
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#38 Jun 23, 2011
Oh, and one more thing Seymour, John was not a "would have been". He had just as much talent as Paul, probably more as far as I know. Just because you think you're right doesn't mean that you are, for your information.
Chadwick

Bothell, WA

#39 Jun 23, 2011
Seymour Budtz wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not know much about John Lennon or his jealously against Paul. John was furious that Paul filed suit to end the Lennon-McCartney partnership and subsequently "the Beatles." He wrote numerous phrases in his songs attacking Paul including one rarely heard "How do you sleep!" Lennon was a narcissistic "would have been."
Since you are a no talent "Yoko Oh No!" fan try this one out for size:
Q; What's dead and came in a yellow bag?
A; John Lennon
Lol!
Hey Seemore butthead your sense of humor sucks.You are right John was pissed that Paul filed suit to desolve the Beatle involment.John and George and Ringo went to his house and John threw a brick through his window.John was jealous that Paul's songs were played at places he visited on vacation and his songs weren't.He heard Yesterday but never heard I am the walrus where he went.
Keith Richerds

Akron, OH

#40 Jun 24, 2011
Most old people retire at age 65. What's with these aging hippies that they think they are still relevant? McCartney hasn't made any meaningful music since the 1970's.
A Yoko Ono fan

Helena, AL

#41 Jun 24, 2011
Keith Richerds wrote:
Most old people retire at age 65. What's with these aging hippies that they think they are still relevant? McCartney hasn't made any meaningful music since the 1970's.
You said "most" old people retire at 65. Well, Paul is still young as ever. He can do whatever he used to do when he was young. Paul isn't a "aging hippie". He is an amazing performer. Paul has, indeed, made beautiful music in the 70's, and 80's as well. Ever heard of Band On The Run? His most critically acclaimed album yet, and it was released in the mid-70's. Paul is talented, more than your Keith Richards.
Constance

Muskegon, MI

#42 Jun 24, 2011
Keith Richerds wrote:
Most old people retire at age 65. What's with these aging hippies that they think they are still relevant? McCartney hasn't made any meaningful music since the 1970's.
what the hell??? not trying to offend you, Keith Richards, but that man will NEVER come anywhere close to how loved and talanted JOhn Lennon was.

p.s. and it goes to show how grand you are for picking ur chat name as a man who snorts his own father's remains!!

so bug off 'Keith Richards':p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Ed Sullivan Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tumultuous times: Allentown exhibit explores th... Nov '17 weapon X 3
News Here's How Graceland Is Celebrating Elvis' Birt... (Jan '17) Jan '17 concerned res 2
News Today in History (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billy Ringo 2
News Comment: You can't measure the magic of the Bea... (May '15) Nov '15 AAZZ05530 7
News the Day the Music Died (Nov '14) Aug '15 Cat Daddy 2
News Grammy Award-winning sisters from Heart to perf... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Walter Simon 1
News All-star Sept. 28 George Harrison benefit moves... (Sep '14) Oct '14 Greg 2
More from around the web