Mark McEwen loses medical negligence ...

Mark McEwen loses medical negligence lawsuit

There are 6 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Sep 7, 2009, titled Mark McEwen loses medical negligence lawsuit. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

In this Wednesday, May 8, 1996 file photo, Mark McEwen is pictured at CBS News headquarters in New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#1 Sep 7, 2009
Now, forget that this is a T.V. personality. I want you to put yourself in his shoes, and ask yourself if you really want tort reform.

“The heart of freedom”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Sep 7, 2009
I think the judge was paid off because the doctor was caughtin a lie because he said the paramedics did not tell him that Mark had a stroke or had slurred speech but the doctor could figure that out for himself and if he was a better doctor he would have known that. And what makes the judge think that he knows what medical procedure should had been done. The judge and the doctors should be removed from their jobs. P.S. Mark McEwen is a good man and America loves him.
Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Sep 7, 2009
Jim Trebowski wrote:
Now, forget that this is a T.V. personality. I want you to put yourself in his shoes, and ask yourself if you really want tort reform.
I bet if it were George Bush and not McEwen, you would be doing cartwheels right now...

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Phil McCracken wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if it were George Bush and not McEwen, you would be doing cartwheels right now...
Phil, You'd lose that bet. Stop projecting conservative thought processes onto Liberals. It doesn't work, and it makes you look silly.
I'm against tort reform because the need for it has been exagerrated, but mostly because of the loser-pays concept, and the possibility of government mandated caps on awards. I don't see how anyone could want the government to pre-determine how much someone's well-being or life is worth. But, then again, I'm not conservative.
Phil McCracken

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Sep 8, 2009
Jim Trebowski wrote:
<quoted text> Phil, You'd lose that bet. Stop projecting conservative thought processes onto Liberals. It doesn't work, and it makes you look silly.
I'm against tort reform because the need for it has been exagerrated, but mostly because of the loser-pays concept, and the possibility of government mandated caps on awards. I don't see how anyone could want the government to pre-determine how much someone's well-being or life is worth. But, then again, I'm not conservative.
so you are half-assed in favor of healthcare reform. The Baucus bill today recommends that the Healthcare bill be funded by $6 billion in incremental taxes on insurance companies. Given that number, it is entirely possible that you will see health insurers close up shop and call it a day. What do you think that will do insurance availability to the masses?

“Tea parties R 4 little girls.”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Phil McCracken wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are half-assed in favor of healthcare reform. The Baucus bill today recommends that the Healthcare bill be funded by $6 billion in incremental taxes on insurance companies. Given that number, it is entirely possible that you will see health insurers close up shop and call it a day. What do you think that will do insurance availability to the masses?
That wouldn't cause them to "close up shop". The Congressional Budget Office (CBO), Congress’ nonpartisan budget analyst, has analyzed the House health care reform plan and found that it will not force out private insurers.
Most uninsured people will move into some private health insurance plan either offered by their employer or purchased by them in the new health insurance marketplace created by the reform legislation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Early Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Click to read:Expert: Pakistan needs U.S. to su... (May '11) Jan '15 MOMIN ANSARI 9
News Marital Bickering May Help Heart Health (Oct '07) Sep '13 Abdiel 3
News Keeping An Eye On The "Karachi Kids" (Jul '08) Sep '12 Clark 73
News "Choreplay" the New Foreplay? (Sep '10) Nov '11 cookingclasses 4
News School Board Target: "God Blocked the Bullet" (Dec '10) Aug '11 VEG 3
News The 'Suite Life' Of The Sprouse Twins (Aug '06) Jul '11 MariaPickles97 498
News Click to read: Obama on U.S. economy at CBS New... (May '11) May '11 trod 8
More from around the web