Hubby Wanted -- For Health Care

Full story: CBS News 15
Terri Carlson, who has a rare genetic disorder, is seeking a husband -- with good health insurance. Full Story
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Feb 1, 2010
So who has proper documents today?
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#2 Feb 1, 2010
Is that why so many men marry nurses?? For doctoring? The paperwork?
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Feb 1, 2010
Their are so many different ways to add these days...And so many accounting philosophies...
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#4 Feb 1, 2010
And after a Masters in economics it's still a mystery....
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Feb 1, 2010
With insurance does the wife pay the co pay?
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#6 Feb 1, 2010
The co pay today is what you would normally pay in cash for health services 40 years ago or so...but gas was only 25c a gllaon 40 years ago....
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Feb 1, 2010
The non-profit world has assets of 4,467,726,107,758 and Income 3,211113,522,388,931...
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#8 Feb 1, 2010
There are 1,751,393 Tax exempt Organizations...
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Feb 1, 2010
The non-profit world has assets of 4,467,726,107,758 and Income 3,213,522,388,931...
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#10 Feb 1, 2010
My finger stuttered...
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Feb 1, 2010
The middle finger...
FWsouthsider

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2010
Dumb me. I always thought the Institution of Marriage was based on people being attracted to each other... and not one attracted to the other's insurance plan.

I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. And with all of the black eyes the Institution of Marriage has and is getting, then this doesn't surprise.
hey

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Feb 1, 2010
Why do seniors divorce yet live together?
Snakecharmer

Longwood, FL

#14 Feb 1, 2010
FWsouthsider wrote:
Dumb me. I always thought the Institution of Marriage was based on people being attracted to each other... and not one attracted to the other's insurance plan.
I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. And with all of the black eyes the Institution of Marriage has and is getting, then this doesn't surprise.
Uh...no. The idea of "marriage for love" is very recent - about 150 years old and is far more of an American idea than you might know. For most of history, marriage has been for economic gain and political power; most marriages were arranged, with the actual participants having little say in the matter, especially if the offspring could potentially be a ruler or the eventual spouse of one. Even among the poor, marriages were arranged to better suit the families economically (which is why dowries were such a big deal for so long, and still are in some places). It's one of the reasons why the RCC is so hellbent on procreation - the more worshippers produced, the richer the church. The whole modern day idea of marriage for love came from primarily from two sources: one was Queen Victoria's marriage to Prince Albert (they were reputed to be very much in love), which was seen by the up and coming middle class of both Europe and America as both highly romantic and very desirable; the second reason was American individualism: the right to choose one's mate without interference from the state, the church or one's own overly ambitious parents (although you notice everyone still wants their kids to "marry well", meaning economically). And while proponents of arranged marriages like to point out the low divorce rate, they have a very annoying habit of leaving out the fact that in areas where this is still practiced, divorce is very much taboo, seen as a dreadful disgrace. I wonder if anyone's ever checked their suicide rate?

Since: Oct 09

United States

#15 Feb 1, 2010
isn't that fraud ???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Early Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marital Bickering May Help Heart Health (Oct '07) Sep '13 Abdiel 3
Click to read:Expert: Pakistan needs U.S. to su... (May '11) Dec '12 mICHEAL 8
Keeping An Eye On The "Karachi Kids" (Jul '08) Sep '12 Clark 73
"Choreplay" the New Foreplay? (Sep '10) Nov '11 cookingclasses 4
School Board Target: "God Blocked the Bullet" (Dec '10) Aug '11 VEG 3
The 'Suite Life' Of The Sprouse Twins (Aug '06) Jul '11 MariaPickles97 498
Click to read: Obama on U.S. economy at CBS New... (May '11) May '11 trod 8
More from around the web