'If we have any backstabbing to do, w...

'If we have any backstabbing to do, we're going to do it face t...

There are 1 comment on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 12, 2010, titled 'If we have any backstabbing to do, we're going to do it face t.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A smash in Chicago, New York and London, "August: Osage County" was also acclaimed by critics, winning a bushel of Tonys and the 2007 Pulitzer Prize.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Marion McClinton

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 13, 2010
Are you serious? AUGUST:OSAGE COUNTY BEING COMPARED TO MAMA'S FAMILY? And then you don't compare them, show where they intersect in theme, or exhibit a single tiny smidgen of wit. You just dumb the whole thing down (after assuming people who read theater articles haven't heard of LONG DA'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT which actually tells us a lot about you), and oh, what's the point. There are already too many reviewers with witless stabs at being clever, who come off as just smug and uninformed as opposed to actual critics with a love for he form, a sharp eye, sharp ear, and a sharper pen who can actually critique what's on the stage before them. I hope for the sake of the theater in the Twinz that you are not replacing Papatola, whom I respect whether I agree with him or not, with somebody who thinks comparing one Pulitzer Prize play with another is too much for theater goers and gives them a failed series based on sketches from the Carol Burnett Show. Ugh! When Carol Burnett wrote her play with her daughter Carrie, a drama about family, I know for a fact she wasn't thinking"How else can I make this like MAMA'S FAMILY. Boy, will we miss you, Dominic. So it goes.
MMc

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Carol Burnett Show Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Crimes of the Heart' gets brilliant revival at... (Apr '14) Apr '14 sharonwebster 1
News Carol Burnett receives top humor prize in D.C. (Oct '13) Feb '14 larrylunts 3
News 'Mama' star Lawrence to bring laughs to Glasgow (Dec '07) Jan '14 yea, right 6
News Laughing with Carol Burnett: TV icon reflects o... (Mar '09) Aug '13 Grace McKellar 3
News Dottie West: Country Sunshine Spotlight Exhibit... (Nov '12) Nov '12 get real 2
News Comedian Joan Rivers, Still A 'Piece Of Work' (Jan '11) Jan '11 trends 1
News Last episode of 'As the World Turns' airs today (Sep '10) Sep '10 clone benson 3
More from around the web