TV Ratings: CBS Leads Obama-Shortened Monday - Comedies, 'CSI: ...

Full story: Zap2it.com

Jim Parsons of 'The Big Bang Theory' Fast National ratings for Monday, Feb. 9, 2009 President Obama's first prime-time news conference gathered a healthy audience Monday night, with preliminary estimates ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Rena Moretti

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Notice how 24 is slowly coming back down from its much-hyped debut?
Fakeem

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

That's because Heroes and 24 are available on sites like Hulu to watch when one wants to watch. CBS shows aren't so you have to watch those in real time.
Fakeem

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

P.S.
I hope that BBT's ratings in the 9:30 slot merit it's move. I hate that it starts at 8pm, and the ratings show that people like it more than the other shows in that slot.
Rishi

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

I agree with Fakeem, that Big Bang Theory should be in the 9:30 slot.

However, I also said that How I Met Your Mother should have been in that slot in the 2005/06 season and then move after a year or 2 to the 8 or 8:30 slot.

BBT should have been in that slot last year and this (since last was abreviated) to give the show a wider audience and then have that show be 'established' prior to its timeslot move (ditto for HIMYM).

Then again I also said Private Practice should have premiered post Grey's Anatomy when it initially aired and then move the show a year or 2 later. What do I know? Oh yeah, it seem ABC is making the move 1.5 years too late.
Rena Moretti

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Fakeem wrote:
That's because Heroes and 24 are available on sites like Hulu to watch when one wants to watch. CBS shows aren't so you have to watch those in real time.
I don't think the very few people that watch those shows on Hulu affect the ratings.

However, you make a great point that network TV is about programming large audience events. It's less of an event if you make it too available elsewhere.

It makes you look in the press like you're "embracing the digital age" where you can talk of "synergies" but it only means you're good at playing the buzzword game. ;)
gregg

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

its sad to see that "The Bachelor is doing way better than Heros in both ratings and the important 18-49ers. i suspect heros will be canceled this year. what nbc should of done was schedule heros after the superbowl. instead the put the unfunny The Office and 30 rock. i think they both suck bigtime.
Rena Moretti

Sherman Oaks, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

gregg wrote:
its sad to see that "The Bachelor is doing way better than Heros in both ratings and the important 18-49ers. i suspect heros will be canceled this year. what nbc should of done was schedule heros after the superbowl. instead the put the unfunny The Office and 30 rock. i think they both suck bigtime.
NBC has been trying to spin its low performers for years by invoking the "advertiser friendly" 18-49 demo, but even though some journalists (like those at the Hollywood Reporter) fall for that ploy, it's really only a ploy.

But as you pointed out, when your ratings head south, all component tend to head south at the same time anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Big Bang Theory Discussions

Search the The Big Bang Theory Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
3-year theory: Big renewal deal for 'Big Bang' Mar '14 M Robert 1
Kaley Cuoco fails to cause a BANG in oversized,... Feb '14 Big mike 3
'The Walking Dead's' Carl: TV's most annoying c... Dec '13 Old Sam 1
CBS' '2 Broke Girls' stars Beth Behr and Kat De... Nov '13 Big mike 3
sexist!!! Oct '13 FeministFran 1
Bill Clinton visits Letterman; Paul McCartney s... (Sep '13) Sep '13 jay 1
The unforgettable moments on TV (Jan '08) Aug '13 Big mike 3
•••
•••