Last time on: Where top series left off before the strike

Full story: Baltimore Sun 12
After an onslaught of forgettable game shows, strangely themed newsmagazines and just plain- old reruns,scripted programming will rebound from its strike-induced coma next week as CBS' Monday comedy lineup ... Full Story
Duh

Baltimore, MD

#1 Mar 10, 2008
Thanks for including Supernatural. I can't wait for its return!
Desperate Housewives

Slovakia

#2 Mar 10, 2008
"Bree is raising a daughter who's really her granddaughter."
actually it is a boy and his name is Benjamin.

"(Last show: Jan 16)"
nope: Jan 6.
Dave

United States

#3 Mar 10, 2008
I am so happy the office is back. It is the best comedy show. Write back if you agree
Jeff in New Freedom PA

State College, PA

#4 Mar 11, 2008
How about listing every show that was on before the strike & it's status - whether it will be back this year or if ever. There were a lot more shows on then you have listed
The Analyst

Key West, FL

#5 Mar 11, 2008
hello!?!? w.t.f Scrubs???
pfft

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Mar 11, 2008
Does anyone know when/if Eureka will be back?

“NHRA Championship Drag Racing”

Since: Oct 07

Boca Raton

#7 Mar 11, 2008
Welcome back Dr. Gregory House, and Bones!
Can't Wait!
Girl from Sunrise

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Mar 11, 2008
I do miss Seinfeld.
Have to live with the re-runs.
red

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Mar 11, 2008
Saw the new episode of "Numbers" last week. The writers should have stayed on strike or somewhere. It was a replay of Patty Hearst and her kidnapping. Shame--Numbers is very good but this "new episode" stunk.
Snatch

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Mar 11, 2008
Dave wrote:
I am so happy the office is back. It is the best comedy show. Write back if you agree
What are you, 12?
Scrub Fan Waiting

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Mar 11, 2008
The Analyst wrote:
hello!?!? w.t.f Scrubs???
-Unfortunatley Scrubs, it's remaning episodes and series finale are all in limbo due to a dispute between NBC & ABC Studios:

February 6, 2008 - With the writers strike possibly nearing an end (you can read about the status of that here.) the news will start rolling in about the immediate future of your favorite shows. There are few shows affected by the strike that have created as passionate a response as Scrubs. After all, this is the series' final season and its devoted fans reacted with horror to the news that they may never see a series finale.

We first reported the possibility of Scrubs ending without a finale when we talked to series creator Bill Lawrence on the picket line, back when the strike began. Later, with the strike in progress, Lawrence sounded a more optimistic note during a Paley Center event bidding farewell to Scrubs. Lawrence was not the only showrunner in the dark on the future of his own show, but he was the only one who was attempting to wrap-up a successful and beloved seven year run on a (modest) hit comedy. So what now? If the strike does indeed end in a matter of weeks instead of months, it's possible for writers to get back to work and for shows to get back into production. According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, Lawrence had this to say about the future of Scrubs:

The worst-case scenario is that ABC Studios [who produce the show] lets me make the last four episodes as a DVD. And I say it's the 'worst-case scenario' because I'm going to try as hard as I can to get NBC's support in finishing the show up on TV. I just don't have any definitive answer because I haven't been talking to them… The second we're told that we can go back to work, I'm going to give [NBC's] Ben Silverman a call and say, Scrubs has been on NBC for seven years, and it would really be a bummer if I didn't get to end it there.' And I'm hoping I'll get a positive response. I would be surprised if NBC didn't want to figure out a way to end the series on their network."

However, as Ausiello points out (and something that is hard to contend with), Silverman has a mixed track record on this front. After all, he's not exactly showing love for Friday Night Lights of late. Nonetheless, it does seem that Scrubs fans will get closure in the form of a final handful of episodes – whether it's sooner or later, or on TV or DVD – has yet to be determined. But I'm sure most fans will agree that something is a whole lot better than nothing. Or he could always take a page from Joss Whedon's book and make a Scrubs movie…
Michael Scott

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Mar 11, 2008
Snatch wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you, 12?
IF YOU WOULD HAVE WENT TO WIKIPEDIA AND LOOKED IT UP, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW HE IS NOT 12!!!!

(Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Big Bang Theory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Downey Jr wins big at People's Choice awards Jan 9 Kid_Tomorrow 2
"Big Bang Theory" Star Mayim Bialik Opens Up Ab... Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
'The Big Bang Theory' react: Sheldon and Howard... (Nov '12) Nov '14 MomOf45 18
Fly Me to the Moon Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
TV stars caught in celebrity naked photo leak Sep '14 Big mike 1
Popular characters we never see on the show! Aug '14 starbaseone 1
'Big Bang Theory' stars to get $1 million per e... Aug '14 Big mike 8
More from around the web