CBS Renews 11 Shows for 2008-09 - While 'Big Bang Theory,' all ...

Full story: Zap2it.com 85
The network announced that 11 of its most successful shows, including eight of the 20 top-rated scripted offerings on television, will be back for the 2008-09 season. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CSIBS

Washington, DC

#1 Feb 14, 2008
CBS also announced it will be adding "CSI: Detroit", "CSI: Omaha", "CSI: Survivor", and "CSI: Criminal Minds Without a Cold Case" to the fall lineup.
Log

Circleville, OH

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Renew "The Unit" or there will be more than peanuts showing up at CBS Headquarters!
Dewey Cox

Anaheim, CA

#3 Feb 14, 2008
Don't cancel How I Met Your Mother!!!!
Jeffrey

Olympia, WA

#4 Feb 14, 2008
Just thought I'd mention that it is not "Rules of Attraction" but "Rules of Engagement".
westwick1

Mission, Canada

#5 Feb 14, 2008
it's rules of engagement not attraction...idiots
Daniel F

Chicago, IL

#6 Feb 14, 2008
Thanks for the heads up, Jeffrey. Twas just a typo, obviously, and it's fixed now.
Stacy

New Orleans, LA

#7 Feb 14, 2008
CSIBS wrote:
CBS also announced it will be adding "CSI: Detroit", "CSI: Omaha", "CSI: Survivor", and "CSI: Criminal Minds Without a Cold Case" to the fall lineup.
ROFLMAO!! Granted, CSI: Detroit could be interesting! ;-)
Jeffrey

Olympia, WA

#8 Feb 14, 2008
They should do a CSI: Texas, they've got the west coast and the east coast covered, why not move to the center of the US?
CouchPotato

Playa Del Rey, CA

#9 Feb 14, 2008
Why not do a CSI: LA. There's always someone found stiff and stinkin' in an alley in the City of Angels.
Mark

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 14, 2008
"The Unit...[is] being brought back into production and will return in March and April for new episodes"

Source, please?
Daniel F

Chicago, IL

#11 Feb 14, 2008
Mark - That's another typo. I was sloppy on this story. I went through CBS bubble shows in my head and initially left "The Unit" off and all of the other shows will indeed be back in production. Then I remembered "The Unit," added it to the first list and then didn't change the subsequent sentence. Nobody has any idea what's happening with The Unit...

Sorry about the confusion.

-Daniel
Tim

Ann Arbor, MI

#12 Feb 14, 2008
CBS must be on crack - Moonlight is great fun and has the hottest new male star on the planet. Add it to HIMYM, and you have the only CBS shows that I ever watch (with the exception of the original CSI, but only outisde of the original broadcast since it's going to be played a thousand times over the next couple of years).
Becky

Waynesboro, VA

#13 Feb 14, 2008
WHAT NO MOONLIGHT??? I am stunned to not see Moonlight on the list of renewed shows for fall! Moonlight won the People's Choice Award for Best New Drama, the show has consistently won the coveted demographics for the Friday night 9pm time slot and it has developed a huge (and growing) dedicated fan base. All of these things have brought positive media advertisement and recognition for CBS; "the buzz is good!" CBS did make the commitment to give us four more episodes in the spring but I do have to ask, why only four? Why are we being short changed? And, I must ask again, why is CBS not latching on to this winner of a show and renewing it for a FULL second season???
caseywirth

Columbia, SC

#14 Feb 14, 2008
They pick up the big bang theory, which is horrible, and haven't picked up How I Met Your Mother. Who is picking their shows, they need to be fired!!
penny

Portland, ME

#15 Feb 14, 2008
i want my moonlight!!!!!!!!!!
bdp

Poolesville, MD

#16 Feb 14, 2008
They'd better be eyeing Jericho for a return, or it's more nuts for them!:-)

Really, the new shows are great. The season weeded out the schlock and turned on the suspense, and it's gotten quite believable. I really like the new approach.
Josh

Roslyn Heights, NY

#17 Feb 14, 2008
Are you kidding me? How I met Your Mother is in limbo again? Hands down the funniest sitcom on tv and CBS has to make the fans sweat it out once again. Outrageous. Seriously CBS, stop your renewal shenanigans and bring back HIMYM.
Chad

Pompano Beach, FL

#18 Feb 14, 2008
Ghost Whisperer, How I Met Your Mother, and Moonlight are the only shows I watch and 2 aren't renewed yet, problem!
Billiam

Brookings, SD

#19 Feb 14, 2008
HIMYM is the only CBS I like at all. I don't know who these people are who have Nielsen boxes, but they need to watch better shows and less of CSI copycats.
Sharon

Register, GA

#20 Feb 14, 2008
My family and I never miss JERICHO...we LOVE it.
But, we really do miss GERALD MCRANEY.
Can't you get him to come back??????????
It's just not the same without him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Big Bang Theory Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Big Bang Theory" Star Mayim Bialik Opens Up Ab... Dec 7 Big mike 2
'The Big Bang Theory' react: Sheldon and Howard... (Nov '12) Nov 30 MomOf45 20
Fly Me to the Moon Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
TV stars caught in celebrity naked photo leak Sep '14 Big mike 1
Popular characters we never see on the show! Aug '14 starbaseone 1
'Big Bang Theory' stars to get $1 million per e... Aug '14 Big mike 8
'Big Bang Theory' production delayed over contr... Aug '14 Big mike 2
More from around the web