Chico funeral director hopes to find ...

Chico funeral director hopes to find a love that lasts on television show

There are 27 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Jan 31, 2011, titled Chico funeral director hopes to find a love that lasts on television show. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Though she'd never seen the show before this year, local funeral director and embalmer Shawntel Newton is looking for love on this season's "The Bachelor," airing Monday nights on ABC.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
skeptic1st

San Clemente, CA

#1 Jan 31, 2011
Yeah, like, it's a perfect fit, you know?
bahah

Chico, CA

#2 Jan 31, 2011
she does not win...sorry to spoil it for you. Seen her at Bella's sports pub kissing eric clendenning from high school.
Progun

United States

#3 Jan 31, 2011
Honestly, who gives a f***?
VET

Stonyford, CA

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Progun wrote:
Honestly, who gives a f***?
typical gun-nut response
No More Beans

Since: Jun 10

Yuba City, CA

#5 Jan 31, 2011
She needs to get a clue.You don't find love with a stranger on a setup TV show made entirely for ratings.has any of them found love yet? even the perfect match from the first show eventually failed.If she wants to find love,all she has to do is come see me.:)
VET

Stonyford, CA

#6 Jan 31, 2011
No More Beans wrote:
She needs to get a clue.You don't find love with a stranger on a setup TV show made entirely for ratings.has any of them found love yet? even the perfect match from the first show eventually failed.If she wants to find love,all she has to do is come see me.:)
most people find bigots like you offensive!
Chico local

United States

#7 Jan 31, 2011
I have a few friend who have gave her a good rodgering over the years. I think its cool they threw the bone to now semi-famous person. strong work boys!
Destiny

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 31, 2011
bahah wrote:
she does not win...sorry to spoil it for you. Seen her at Bella's sports pub kissing eric clendenning from high school.
Listen buddy, you are obviously stalking the wrong girl. Don't worry everyone none of his facts are correct and tonight is going to be a really good episode. This is her sister and to those that have been positive about this, thanks for your support.
Old timer

Oroville, CA

#9 Jan 31, 2011
Good for you Shantelle. At least you are doing something that no one else around here is doing.
Hottie Mortician

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 31, 2011
wonder if she got into the business after hearing about all the 'stiffs'?
Chad

Chico, CA

#11 Jan 31, 2011
Destiny wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen buddy, you are obviously stalking the wrong girl. Don't worry everyone none of his facts are correct and tonight is going to be a really good episode. This is her sister and to those that have been positive about this, thanks for your support.
Ohhhh...please do tell. so she does win, by using your logic you have made that claim.

“eHillbilly on Twitter”

Since: Mar 10

Oroville, PRK

#12 Jan 31, 2011
VET wrote:
<quoted text>typical gun-nut response
Typical vet-impersonator response.
E Crane

Chico, CA

#13 Jan 31, 2011
Good for you Shawntel. What fun it must have been to be on the show. And to have a once in a lifetime experience.You are a beautiful young woman and I applaud you for going on the show.
Adriann

Hilmar, CA

#14 Jan 31, 2011
bahah wrote:
That comment does even deserve to be dignified with a response. However, for people who do not know her personally, that response is utter nonsense Bahah... Eric hasn't even been in Chico for a long time.
Observationist

United States

#15 Jan 31, 2011
Hello people...she is engaged...following the show? Put two and two together. If she had a bf/fiancé before the show why would she have gone on it?! She says she is engaged now and has only been back in Chico for a few short months, NOT long enough to meet someone and become engaged. So she is the obvious winner of the show, engaged to the guy from the show. You gave it away Sawntel!!! Hope they don’t sue you :(
Observationist

United States

#16 Jan 31, 2011
Observationist wrote:
Hello people...she is engaged...following the show? Put two and two together. If she had a bf/fiancé before the show why would she have gone on it?! She says she is engaged now and has only been back in Chico for a few short months, NOT long enough to meet someone and become engaged. So she is the obvious winner of the show, engaged to the guy from the show. You gave it away Sawntel!!! Hope they don’t sue you :(
Haha. thats what i thought when i read that story. reading between the lines told me exactly that! PS. Adrian Lema is HOT and has nice large Chesticles!
EXPAT

Ajijic, Mexico

#17 Feb 1, 2011
How Stupid! Stupid!
Question

Paradise, CA

#18 Feb 1, 2011
Would you really find true love with a mailman Shantelle? Chico does have a lot of hot mailmen.
Oroville pride

United States

#19 Feb 1, 2011
Question wrote:
Would you really find true love with a mailman Shantelle? Chico does have a lot of hot mailmen.
Perhaps she is sugesting she finds love with mailmen, but maintains a marrage with tv. boy?...
james dean

Chico, CA

#20 Feb 1, 2011
Observationist wrote:
<quoted text> Haha. thats what i thought when i read that story. reading between the lines told me exactly that! PS. Adrian Lema is HOT and has nice large Chesticles!
haha...i second the motion on both accounts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Bachelor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is 'Bachelorette' Rachel Lindsay the most likab... May 23 Cujo 10
News Girls line up to be 'Little Miss Perfect' (Jan '10) May 15 kauna 75
ABC's blunder Mar '17 champd 1
News Raven Gates' Ex-Boyfriend: I Gave Her Orgasms A... Mar '17 adolf 5
Bachelor finale Mar '17 Steven 1
News Also, 'The Voice' returns for Season 12, and 'W... Mar '17 Palin s Turkey Th... 4
danielle l laughs a lot Jan '17 timmatek 1
More from around the web