Lawsuit claims 'Bachelor' show discriminates

There are 13 comments on the The Tribune story from Apr 18, 2012, titled Lawsuit claims 'Bachelor' show discriminates. In it, The Tribune reports that:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Two black men are taking "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" to court with a lawsuit that claims the reality shows are blocking contestants of color from starring roles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tribune.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 18, 2012
This is a dumb lawsuit ad black people need to learn they can not force whites to date them.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 18, 2012
I've always wondered why not many Blacks were contestants or Bachelors and Bachelorettes.I think they should be sued.
Really

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 Apr 18, 2012

Curb your temper when watching this...wow
Barney Quinn

North Vancouver, Canada

#5 Apr 18, 2012
Only communist countries were able to force people to do something they didn't want to do. And all of those countries were/are a disaster. Without a single exception. Most of them collapsed. The USSR - remember it? The Iron Curtain? And of course the DDR (East Germany, for the uninformed) Romania; Czecheslovakia; Hungary; Poland; Cuba; North Korea; The People's Democratic Republic of Congo. All, with no exception, basket cases. Is that what you want? Have you actually thought through the consequences of trying to force people to do things they won't do of their own free will? The West, and particulary the US, is obsessed with racism, race, accusations of racism. People discriminate all of the time. With food, their choice of women, the color of their hair, the cars they drive. The color of their wallpaper! Eventually there's going to be a nasty backlash against this racism fetish that is most often used as a pry bar to get one's own way.

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#6 Apr 18, 2012
I think the lawyers that took this case should be sued for stupidity. This is a dating show, and you can't force people into interracial dating. Plus, if they are this sensitive over not getting picked for the show, I can only imagine how whiny and pouty these two babies will get if the woman doesn't pick them for a date.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#11 Apr 18, 2012
This is a waste of time, since this type of show has already been done on TV-One. We really need to worry about more important things.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/the-...

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#12 Apr 18, 2012
It seems this thread is invaded with azzholes that have no human spirit about what is important. Keep your ignorance to yourselves. I hope your children know better.

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#13 Apr 19, 2012
Never watched the show.
I guess you can always turn the tv off.
Really

Newport News, VA

#15 Apr 20, 2012
jenny623 wrote:
I think the lawyers that took this case should be sued for stupidity. This is a dating show, and you can't force people into interracial dating. Plus, if they are this sensitive over not getting picked for the show, I can only imagine how whiny and pouty these two babies will get if the woman doesn't pick them for a date.
They would sue her then claiming racism.
Bea K

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Apr 20, 2012
Dr Zaius wrote:
<quoted text>
My children know is is best to avoid negroes.
Hopefully your children will get the sense in their heads that their father was born without it seems. May they come to know that there are good and bad in ALL races, and realize that their dad needs to see a shrink for his hatred, and beg God's forgiveness for his misguided hatred.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#23 Apr 20, 2012
Bea K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully your children will get the sense in their heads that their father was born without it seems. May they come to know that there are good and bad in ALL races, and realize that their dad needs to see a shrink for his hatred, and beg God's forgiveness for his misguided hatred.
We will find him and ship him off to Zimbabwe or Somalia
Being Real

United States

#24 Apr 20, 2012
Bea K wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a real idiot should be your moniker, please get a life and stop posting such stupid comments. Where you in the wrong line when brains were being passed out perhaps, if so, please go back and get what you lost??
What? Take the banna out of your hands when typing. Other wise STFU!
Ambiguous

United States

#25 Apr 20, 2012
I hate the Bachelor shows smfh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Bachelor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard and Jef Holm break up (Oct '12) Tue friv 2016 74
News Is Former 'Bachelorette' Winner Josh Murray the... Apr 6 Tammera Tattles 2
CHRIS SOULES - my favorite picks! Feb '15 bigdog418 2
News 'The Bachelor' Season 19 (2015) Episode 6 Spoil... Feb '15 deadwoodsouthdakota 1
News San Clemente Our Town Jan '15 Not Marriage Mate... 1
News Kris Jenner wants to find love again (Oct '14) Oct '14 cringing italo-am... 2
News Is 'The Bachelor' too white? (Aug '14) Aug '14 White knight 2
More from around the web