'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' (stars Jason Segel, Kristen Bell, M...

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Early in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," the protagonist Peter Bretter, played by Jason Segel, steps out of the shower as his girlfriend, played by Kristen Bell , arrives back at their apartment.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yabba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Jenny Four Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
What was misogynist about Forgetting Sarah Marshall?
The movie is made by, about, and for males with adult bodies and adolescent minds -- of course it is misogynist. What's not to get about that?
lucky77

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Sean wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't. Viral marketing is getting easier and easier to detect as methods that were once novel are now becoming commonplace. It is precisely because of being bombarded with that obnoxious ad campaign that I have no interest in seeing this movie.
Dude, seriously, I'm not stupid. Even bad and obnoxious advertising is good advertising if you remember it. It keeps the name in your head. We all remember those god awful roadkill creatures who rocked out in the Quizno's ad but some of us still eat there occasionally.

AND...if you saw it on top of a taxi first, yeah, you know it's fake. If you saw it on some crappy billboard that's half hidden by a bush and a raggedy house, then you're more likely to wonder is all I'm saying. Location. Location. Location.
Angelamia

Berlin, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

I thought the billboards were funny. I had saw the screening in LA long before the ads so i knew what they were. I read about some Sarah Marshall's being offended by it, haha. I dunno, it was creative. Either way the movie is amazingly funny, I can't wait to see it again actually. Romantic comedies are never that good. Russell Brand singing "Inside of You" gets me every time ( http://www.fsminsideofyou.com/ ) and Jonah Hill and Paul Rudd are awesome as always.
Ridiculous

Sydney, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Doctor Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
"Star"??? Jason Segal is hands-down the weakest link on HIMYM. I can barely tolerate him sporadically for 22 minutes of a TV show. I can't imagine sitting through 90+ minutes of his wooden "acting". Between the obnoxious and juvenile ad campaign and the presence of this lame tool in the movie, I'll pass, thanks very much. I can't imagine any adult not doing the same.
Are you kidding me? Marshall is second best, only to Barney.... Unless you've got absolutely NO sense of humour.
Dee

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Quite funny in places but NOT a DVD to watch with your 80 year-old mother, as I just did! Even without her being there, I would've found the constant and extremely overt sex references and scenes uncomfortable. As a romantic comedy, it was a good script, but I actually believe it would've stood up better without someone mentioning genitalia or portraying graphic sexual acts every few seconds. I'm impressed with Jason Segal's musical abilities and I would be interested to see another film written by him that didn't rely so heavily on sex to get laughs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 45 of45
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent That '70s Show Discussions

Search the That '70s Show Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mila Kunis: Ashton Kutcher was my first kiss Jul 12 Big mike 3
Ashton Kutcher is not playing Walter Isaacson's... (Apr '12) Jun '14 ENG Company Scam 81
Scoop: RESURRECTION on ABC - Sunday, March 9, 2014 May '14 Arcadian 5
What is the best season of that 70's show? (Jun '09) Dec '13 deepak 3
Celebrity 'irrational' behavior may be linked t... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Sigsbee 2
70s Show actress found dead (Aug '13) Aug '13 dmw 2
That 70's Show (Apr '13) Apr '13 Sergio M 1
•••
•••
•••