'South Park' producers say network cu...

'South Park' producers say network cut fear speech

There are 39 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Apr 23, 2010, titled 'South Park' producers say network cut fear speech. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Producers of "South Park" said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ex Liberal

United States

#1 Apr 23, 2010
So, when have Christian and Jewish groups written death threats to the producers and the Comedy Central Newtwork herads when the series verbally ridicules and attacks Christian-Judeo characters such as Jesus, Moses etc? Why .... never!
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#2 Apr 23, 2010
Here is an exerpt from an online article:

"Matt Stone and Trey Parker were warned by a post published by the group called RevolutionMuslim.com that:'what they are doing is stupid and they will probably wind up like Theo Van Gogh for airing this show.' Although this message strikes out as a violent threat, Mr.al-Amrikee, the person behind the post, stated that it was only a way of raising awareness to the sensitive issue so that similar events don’t re-occur."

So...it would seem that jamming a knife into someone's chest is just a way of "raising awarenes?" How interesting.
You Are Slipping

Brisbane, CA

#3 Apr 23, 2010
Ex Liberal wrote:
So, when have Christian and Jewish groups written death threats to the producers and the Comedy Central Newtwork herads when the series verbally ridicules and attacks Christian-Judeo characters such as Jesus, Moses etc? Why .... never!
You forgot to blame Obama.
Abe

Mount Laurel, NJ

#4 Apr 23, 2010
"NEW YORK—Producers of "South Park" said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad. "

Excellent! They removed a speech about intimidation and fear when they were scared by intimidation. That's rich.

“Live Forever, or Die Trying”

Since: Dec 09

Earth

#5 Apr 23, 2010
Wait a second... isn't Islam a religion of peace?
Dooley

AOL

#8 Apr 23, 2010
Oh my god, they killed kenny! You Bastards!!!!!!
James Dee

Howe, OK

#9 Apr 23, 2010
Let me get this straight. No one threatened to kill anybody. A rational Muslim simply warned them that some crazy Muslims "might" harm them over a perceived insult to Muhammad.
Eddie

Mount Laurel, NJ

#10 Apr 23, 2010
James Dee wrote:
Let me get this straight. No one threatened to kill anybody. A rational Muslim simply warned them that some crazy Muslims "might" harm them over a perceived insult to Muhammad.
I heard Jeffrey Toobin on TV this morning explaining that the threat, warning or progostication, whatever it was, wasn't specific enough to warrant arrest. No what we really should be concerned about is the seditious, radical, intolerant, hateful and racist tea party members who have expressed opposition to the health care bill. Now there is a true threat.

“Live Forever, or Die Trying”

Since: Dec 09

Earth

#11 Apr 23, 2010
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Jeffrey Toobin on TV this morning explaining that the threat, warning or progostication, whatever it was, wasn't specific enough to warrant arrest. No what we really should be concerned about is the seditious, radical, intolerant, hateful and racist tea party members who have expressed opposition to the health care bill. Now there is a true threat.
FAIL
LRM

United States

#12 Apr 23, 2010
Abe wrote:
"NEW YORK—Producers of "South Park" said Thursday that Comedy Central removed a speech about intimidation and fear from their show after a radical Muslim group warned that they could be killed for insulting the Prophet Muhammad. "
Excellent! They removed a speech about intimidation and fear when they were scared by intimidation. That's rich.
What? Comedy Central beeped it out, not the producers.
LRM

United States

#13 Apr 23, 2010
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that just sounds like a completely different subject, thank you for bringing it to the thread. Any opinions on the Iraq war, or global warming you'd like to share perhaps? And btw, I don't oppose healthcare reform.
Jasper

York, PA

#14 Apr 23, 2010
LRM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that just sounds like a completely different subject, thank you for bringing it to the thread. Any opinions on the Iraq war, or global warming you'd like to share perhaps? And btw, I don't oppose healthcare reform.
No, he was just pointing out the total hypocrisy of the news media and liberals in general. Then like to spout off about people who they know won't harm them. But the Muslims, that's another thing. They believe that a Muslim might just lop their top off if they get too vocal in their criticism of them.
Richisright

Woodland, CA

#15 Apr 23, 2010
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR or just a MORON?
Snark Attack

Chicago, IL

#17 Apr 23, 2010
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party anology is not far off. Like this Muslim group there were members of the Tea Party who published home addresses of those that they are in opposition to. The Tea Partiers actually took it a step further by publishing addresses of a senator's relative. If Timothy McVeigh were still alive it is safe to say that he would part of the Tea Party movement.
equal opp offender

Deltona, FL

#19 Apr 23, 2010
You Are Slipping wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to blame Obama.
OK I BLAME THE OBAMANATION. WHY BECAUSE HE IS ONE. AND AS LONG AS HE IS IN POWER WE WILL BECOME MORE AND MORE WEAKER AS A NATION. THANKS LIBS. REMINDS ME OF AN OLD COMMERICAL SLOGAN, " WITH A NAME LIKE BARACK HUESSIN OBAMA ITS GOTTA BE MUSLIM"
Dooley

AOL

#22 Apr 24, 2010
equal opp offender wrote:
<quoted text>
OK I BLAME THE OBAMANATION. WHY BECAUSE HE IS ONE. AND AS LONG AS HE IS IN POWER WE WILL BECOME MORE AND MORE WEAKER AS A NATION. THANKS LIBS. REMINDS ME OF AN OLD COMMERICAL SLOGAN, " WITH A NAME LIKE BARACK HUESSIN OBAMA ITS GOTTA BE MUSLIM"
No dude I seen the episode. It was Tom Cruise and Barbra Streisand's fault. The Ginger kids also wanted Muhammad. Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers were involved also. It may have also had something to do with facebook or screwing over music artists by using napster. Could it have been Mr. Hankey or Towelie, you know he is always getting high! Or maybe, just maybe they were all cheesing and this was a dream sequence. Oh well, hopefully some good will come out of all this and Cartman will find out who his father is! Can't wait for all this stupidity to become an episode!
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#23 Apr 24, 2010
Since when did a "Moslem Web site" run our country?
Bob

Santa Cruz, CA

#25 Apr 24, 2010
James Dee wrote:
There is now such thing as a "rational Muslim "
Joe Sixpack

Paradise, CA

#26 Apr 24, 2010
The Moslems seem to have a problem understanding that we have a Bill of Rights. If they are so easily offended by a CARTOON, they are acting like Republic Party babies who are so insecure about their beliefs that they have to threaten violence in return. If as a Moslem, you are uncomfortable in a secular, free society made up of many types of people, political parties, religions and points of view, then you are really in the wrong country. The USA is NOT for you, but Iran or Saudi Arabia, both absolute theocracies, probably would be. Same goes for the wannabe "Christian" dictators.
Jasper

York, PA

#29 Apr 24, 2010
Richisright wrote:
<quoted text>
LIAR or just a MORON?
I don't think Toobin is a liar. Just slanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could Bebe Stevens have gotten her acne from Cr... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Adjustaz 1
So Does Donald Trump's Election Mean "PC Prinic... (Nov '16) Nov '16 snarky anarchy 1
News South Park creators claim they predicted Pokemo... (Jul '16) Jul '16 filip3ff 1
The Ni'ht Beg'ns ta Shyne! (Mar '16) Mar '16 Julius the Jules 1
what episode is cartman a gangster? whats up gz? (Oct '06) Dec '15 squidward 9
help identifying an episode (Oct '15) Oct '15 wolffpc 1
News 'South Park' Absolutely Lampoons Caitlyn Jenner (Sep '15) Sep '15 Observation 9
More from around the web