South Park creators to release Book o...

South Park creators to release Book of Mormon on Broadway

There are 115 comments on the Fox13Now story from Apr 14, 2010, titled South Park creators to release Book of Mormon on Broadway. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

The animated series South Park has been criticized in the past for its take on Scientology, Islam, and the LDS Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Isaac Read

Provo, UT

#1 Apr 14, 2010
I think that the creators of South Park have always made inappropriate, immature, stupid episodes. This is typical of them to create a musical offensive to Mormons. It really just goes to show that they don't have any talent with comedy. Comedy can be created without offending a group of people. The only viewers who will be laughing are most likely just as immature and pathetic as the producers of South Park. For those of you reading, don't assume that I am just a Mormon standing up for my beliefs(although, that would make this comment justifiable as well); however, I don't belong to any religion. That doesn't mean that I don't have respect for other people's beliefs though. I think it is immature to make fun of anybody's religious beliefs, especially those belonging to a religion that does so much good for society. So on behalf of all Mormons and/or those who are like me that hate people who disrespect others beliefs, I hope the musical turns out to be a huge unsuccess.

“BSL is BS!”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#2 Apr 14, 2010
This show is STILL on?

Since: Mar 10

Houston, TX

#3 Apr 14, 2010
South Park is very funny and can be very wild at time. http://www.digitalundivide.com
Bury

Ogden, UT

#4 Apr 14, 2010
Isaac Read wrote:
especially those belonging to a religion that does so much good for society. So on behalf of all Mormons and/or those who are like me that hate people who disrespect others beliefs
Huh, sort of like how the Mormons have shown "disrespect" for the beliefs of those who are gay?

Typical Mormon BIGOT.
Glen Quagmire

West Jordan, UT

#5 Apr 14, 2010
giggity giggity giggity oh yeah....where can I get my tickets?
Spooky

Houston, TX

#6 Apr 14, 2010
BAHAHAHAHAHA.... I can't wait! The moormons, yes the mooooormons...... ha ha ha... ROTF.....
Spooky

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 14, 2010
Isaac Read wrote:
I think that the creators of South Park have always made inappropriate, immature, stupid episodes. This is typical of them to create a musical offensive to Mormons. It really just goes to show that they don't have any talent with comedy. Comedy can be created without offending a group of people. The only viewers who will be laughing are most likely just as immature and pathetic as the producers of South Park. For those of you reading, don't assume that I am just a Mormon standing up for my beliefs(although, that would make this comment justifiable as well); however, I don't belong to any religion. That doesn't mean that I don't have respect for other people's beliefs though. I think it is immature to make fun of anybody's religious beliefs, especially those belonging to a religion that does so much good for society. So on behalf of all Mormons and/or those who are like me that hate people who disrespect others beliefs, I hope the musical turns out to be a huge unsuccess.
How sanctimonious of you.... It's precisely because of people like you that this will be a HUGE success!!! Have you never questioned the validity of the stuff that is being crammed down your throat??? PULEEEZE....
ATXD

Salt Lake City, UT

#8 Apr 14, 2010
It's hypocritical for people to say that they are offended when someone attacks their beliefs but find no problem with a church who's very doctrine calls all other beliefs abominations; a church which spends so much money fighting against people who believe that they should be able to marry the one that they love regardless of gender.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#9 Apr 14, 2010
Isaac Read wrote:
And I think it's pretty f'ing hateful for a religion to target a minority and attempt to control them. Are you Mormon? Or not? Either way, should religious beliefs be allowed to strip away rights? Are you one of those NOM people?
Shawn

United States

#10 Apr 14, 2010
I love South Park! They make fun of everyone, they do not discriminate. If you can't laugh at yourself then what? Utahns should loosen up and laugh a little at the strangeness of us. These guys are or were Mormon and are simply making comedy from what they know. Just loosen up folks.
Spooky

Houston, TX

#11 Apr 14, 2010
ATXD wrote:
It's hypocritical for people to say that they are offended when someone attacks their beliefs but find no problem with a church who's very doctrine calls all other beliefs abominations; a church which spends so much money fighting against people who believe that they should be able to marry the one that they love regardless of gender.
Right on, Brother/Sista!
William

Riverton, UT

#13 Apr 14, 2010
Hello, I am a South Park fan and practicing Mormon. I'm only 18-years-old, but I have a profound interest in my church's teachings, given that I've read all sorts of variety of books on my church, from Rough Stone Rolling, to Stand a Little Taller. I can't wait for the opportunity to serve my church as a missionary next year!

I understand that me loving the politically incorrect humor in South Park does put me in an awkward situation with my beliefs; I love the show because it literally makes fun of everybody: Mormons, Jews, Gays, Catholics, Democrats, Republicans, hippies, rednecks, etc. South Park skewers all of us, and is truly an equal opportunity offender and the most libertarian and politically INcorrect show on TV. I love it!

I think people who are offended by South Park are just simply too PC and get offended by the dumbest stuff in life. They're the same exact people who make a big deal about everything and refuse to relax and chill.

Mormons who are crying about this did not object to movies, TV episodes, or other Broadway work that makes fun of other religions or beliefs. Only until it happens to them, do they think they have to complain.

Also, Trey Parker said in an interview that he loves Mormons because we aren't as hypocritical as much as other religions are. That's why the "All About Mormons" episode was actually fairly sympathetic, compared to their repetitive humor on the Catholics, Jews, and especially Scientology.

You can criticize me all you want. I don't care. I have a strong testimony of the Mormons church, and it's not shaken by these two geniuses. Then again, I'm a Libertarian, and Mormons are generally idyllic politically correct Republicans.
Spooky

United States

#14 Apr 14, 2010
Isaac Read wrote:
you must be a mo-mo
Spooky

United States

#15 Apr 14, 2010
William wrote:
Hello, I am a South Park fan and practicing Mormon. I'm only 18-years-old, but I have a profound interest in my church's teachings, given that I've read all sorts of variety of books on my church, from Rough Stone Rolling, to Stand a Little Taller. I can't wait for the opportunity to serve my church as a missionary next year!
I understand that me loving the politically incorrect humor in South Park does put me in an awkward situation with my beliefs; I love the show because it literally makes fun of everybody: Mormons, Jews, Gays, Catholics, Democrats, Republicans, hippies, rednecks, etc. South Park skewers all of us, and is truly an equal opportunity offender and the most libertarian and politically INcorrect show on TV. I love it! Yu must enlighten yourself and read OUTSIDE of the "word" in order to have a true realization of what is being presented.
I think people who are offended by South Park are just simply too PC and get offended by the dumbest stuff in life. They're the same exact people who make a big deal about everything and refuse to relax and chill.
Mormons who are crying about this did not object to movies, TV episodes, or other Broadway work that makes fun of other religions or beliefs. Only until it happens to them, do they think they have to complain.
Also, Trey Parker said in an interview that he loves Mormons because we aren't as hypocritical as much as other religions are. That's why the "All About Mormons" episode was actually fairly sympathetic, compared to their repetitive humor on the Catholics, Jews, and especially Scientology.
You can criticize me all you want. I don't care. I have a strong testimony of the Mormons church, and it's not shaken by these two geniuses. Then again, I'm a Libertarian, and Mormons are generally idyllic politically correct Republicans.
WAKE UP, sweety....God is patient, He will wait for you. Meanwhile, search outside of what is spoonfed to you... explore on your own. LEARN. Read, then decide.
William

Riverton, UT

#16 Apr 14, 2010
"WAKE UP, sweety....God is patient, He will wait for you. Meanwhile, search outside of what is spoonfed to you... explore on your own. LEARN. Read, then decide.

Yu must enlighten yourself and read OUTSIDE of the "word" in order to have a true realization of what is being presented."

What are talking about? I have a great knowledge of the Mormon Church and, like I said, even looking forward to going on my mission next year. I read A LOT of books and novels (it's a hobby :) about religion, philosophy, movies, music, etc.

Anyway, given your grammatical errors, it sounds like you are the one who needs to learn. Also, don't call me sweety. That's just gay. Unless if you are a woman. Calling someone "sweety" over the internet is just childish and stupid.

I'm glad I have the power of free agency to avoid taking people like you seriously.
Spooky

United States

#17 Apr 14, 2010
William wrote:
"WAKE UP, sweety....God is patient, He will wait for you. Meanwhile, search outside of what is spoonfed to you... explore on your own. LEARN. Read, then decide.
Yu must enlighten yourself and read OUTSIDE of the "word" in order to have a true realization of what is being presented."
What are talking about? I have a great knowledge of the Mormon Church and, like I said, even looking forward to going on my mission next year. I read A LOT of books and novels (it's a hobby :) about religion, philosophy, movies, music, etc.
Anyway, given your grammatical errors, it sounds like you are the one who needs to learn. Also, don't call me sweety. That's just gay. Unless if you are a woman. Calling someone "sweety" over the internet is just childish and stupid.
I'm glad I have the power of free agency to avoid taking people like you seriously.
That's ok honey, I will wait to enlighten you to God's One True Word. The Bible. Christians have patience with new souls like you. Just know that you are loved and cherished...
Truth

New York, NY

#18 Apr 14, 2010
"There will be some fiction in it."

... You mean like religion?
William

Riverton, UT

#19 Apr 14, 2010
"That's ok honey, I will wait to enlighten you to God's One True Word. The Bible. Christians have patience with new souls like you. Just know that you are loved and cherished..."

Oh brother! You must be one of those born-again nutjobs. You guys are just as self-righteous as the Mormons in Utah that you want to "save."

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#20 Apr 14, 2010
William wrote:
I understand that me loving the politically incorrect humor in South Park does put me in an awkward situation with my beliefs; I love the show because it literally makes fun of everybody: Mormons, Jews, Gays, Catholics, Democrats, Republicans, hippies, rednecks, etc. South Park skewers all of us, and is truly an equal opportunity offender and the most libertarian and politically INcorrect show on TV. I love it!
So, William..what do you think about the LDS targeting gay people?
William

Riverton, UT

#21 Apr 14, 2010
"So, William..what do you think about the LDS targeting gay people?"

I do not take the position of the church leadership regarding gay people, and given my free agency, which means I have the ability to choose otherwise, Proposition 8 caused me to feel alienated because I support gay marriage (I am a Libertarian :)

However, if opposition to gay marriage is morally indistinguishable from Jim Crow racism, anti-Semitism and the like (as so many Liberals say), why on earth aren’t they screaming bloody murder at Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid and the other Democratic politicians who run the US government? Surely, they matter more than Mormon donors. Why aren’t they bigots even though they hold the same fundamental position as Mormons?

Meanwhile, where is the Liberal rage at the world’s most extreme cadre of homophobes, the Islamic supremacists, whose orchestrated campaign against LGBT people goes far beyond preventing them from exchanging vows?

After all, Mormons are, like the stereotype of Christians, devout white devils, the scapegoats of the age, the new boogeyman of post-9/11 America.
Just as all Muslims are not terrorists, I hope you, "No Mo", understand that all Mormons are not homophobes. Please don't be so quick to judge us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Could Bebe Stevens have gotten her acne from Cr... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Adjustaz 1
So Does Donald Trump's Election Mean "PC Prinic... (Nov '16) Nov '16 snarky anarchy 1
News South Park creators claim they predicted Pokemo... (Jul '16) Jul '16 filip3ff 1
The Ni'ht Beg'ns ta Shyne! (Mar '16) Mar '16 Julius the Jules 1
what episode is cartman a gangster? whats up gz? (Oct '06) Dec '15 squidward 9
help identifying an episode (Oct '15) Oct '15 wolffpc 1
News 'South Park' Absolutely Lampoons Caitlyn Jenner (Sep '15) Sep '15 Observation 9
More from around the web