'The Book of Mormon': Trying to relis...

'The Book of Mormon': Trying to relish the big time, even when it brings a cringe

There are 6 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Apr 2, 2011, titled 'The Book of Mormon': Trying to relish the big time, even when it brings a cringe. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

NEW YORK a The house lights came up and it was intermission at "The Book of Mormon," the new Broadway musical about a pair of innocent young Mormon missionaries sent to Uganda to spread the faith.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

interesting

Wheeling, WV

#1 Apr 4, 2011
The article is very positive; I wish I had the opportunity to see the production.
Blow

Grand Junction, CO

#2 Apr 4, 2011
interesting wrote:
The article is very positive; I wish I had the opportunity to see the production.
No worries. Just call the LDS church and ask to have a few missionaries come over. They especially like having supper prepared for them. Fillet Mignon is a real treat for them.

Give 'em a try:

http://mormon.org/missionaries/

Just remember that you are required to pay 10% of your income if you wish to "really" participate in the faith. And after you die, you'll be given the opportunity to have your own planet in the CK.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 4, 2011
Blow wrote:
<quoted text>No worries. Just call the LDS church and ask to have a few missionaries come over. They especially like having supper prepared for them. Fillet Mignon is a real treat for them.
Give 'em a try:
http://mormon.org/missionaries/
Just remember that you are required to pay 10% of your income if you wish to "really" participate in the faith. And after you die, you'll be given the opportunity to have your own planet in the CK.
...along with endless celestial sex with hundreds of polygamous wives, if you're a guy. If you're a woman, well you get to share one guy with hundreds of other women for eternity. And be the mother to billions and billions of spirit children who will never get to know you by name during their entire time as mortal beings.

How's that for getting lucky enough to have breasts and ovaries??
Blow

Ogden, UT

#4 Apr 5, 2011
So what happens when an intersex baby is born into an LDS family? How will that person be treated in the CK with a division of male/female parts/organs in their body?

But that would never happen to an LDS family though, right? 100% are "perfect" when they follow the "plan".

Makes you wonder why Heavenly Father allows babies to be born as an intersex child if they cannot be afforded all of the "treasures" of the CK if they were born as an intersex child. Throws that plan of the LDS church right out the friggin' window.
Haw Haw

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 5, 2011
Blow wrote:
So what happens when an intersex baby is born into an LDS family? How will that person be treated in the CK with a division of male/female parts/organs in their body?
But that would never happen to an LDS family though, right? 100% are "perfect" when they follow the "plan".
Makes you wonder why Heavenly Father allows babies to be born as an intersex child if they cannot be afforded all of the "treasures" of the CK if they were born as an intersex child. Throws that plan of the LDS church right out the friggin' window.
Sister Dottie explains it all! What a riot!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Leave it to Mormons to try and jump on the band wagon, to gain publicity from something that insults them.
The point we tried to make is "yes the Mormon religion is cooky and made up, but they have strong family values because of this."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

South Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Preachy Wed Disapointed 1
News Charlie Hebdo Tragedy: A Look Back At The Histo... Jan '15 Kid_Tomorrow 3
News Our South Park, Ourselves (Nov '14) Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News 'South Park' season 18, episode 4 review: 'Hand... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Richboy97 1
News Timmy's Personal Car Service Takes Off on All-N... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Lorde Approves Of Her 'South Park' Parody (Oct '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
why did they turn Lu Kim into a white guy? (Sep '14) Sep '14 Sara 1
More from around the web