Pamela Anderson: 'I'M Going to Cure My Hepatitis C'

Oct 25, 2007 Full story: PR-inside.com 82

“Every time I get tested my doctors tell me I am getting healthier. I believe I'm going to cure my Hepatitis C.”

Actress PAMELA ANDERSON is adamant she will cure the Hepatitis C virus she contracted from ex-husband TOMMY LEE. via PR-inside.com

Full Story
HepSlayer

Federal Way, WA

#44 May 15, 2008
den from montreal wrote:
i am so tired . i have hep.c. 15 years now . i am going to start taking milk thistle. my doctor highly reputed for his research on hep c. told me that i am not a candidate for interferon because i have been suicidal since i caught this shit.and that interferon will affect your moods because it goes straight to your liver,. he also told me that milk thistle is not a proven cure but does help keep liver from getting worse.so could someone tell me how to take this ? like how many ? no 1; 15 years before the desease is turned into full hep c. no 2; takes 15 years before you get liver ceroses ..thank you ....i am 57 ...
I usually take a couple of pills about 15 minutes before a meal. I only take Thysilin (sp) If I understand your statement correctly are you saying 15 years before it's full blown HCV? That's wrong - it years before the disease actually shows symptoms, that's why they call it the Silent Disease. From what I've read and been told the liver damage progresses differently with everyone. It's really not the inteferon that affects your moods, it's the ribavarian - that's why you hear heppers refer to riba rage quite a bit.

“It's not personal Its business”

Since: Jan 08

Fluffya

#45 May 17, 2008
den from montreal wrote:
i am so tired . i have hep.c. 15 years now . i am going to start taking milk thistle. my doctor highly reputed for his research on hep c. told me that i am not a candidate for interferon because i have been suicidal since i caught this shit.and that interferon will affect your moods because it goes straight to your liver,. he also told me that milk thistle is not a proven cure but does help keep liver from getting worse.so could someone tell me how to take this ? like how many ? no 1; 15 years before the desease is turned into full hep c. no 2; takes 15 years before you get liver ceroses ..thank you ....i am 57 ...
Go to Walmart, buy some Milk Thistle, its way cheaper there, and take some every day.
I take three in the morning and three more at night.

Also get some soy lecithin and flax oil, and take those too.

Not sure what you mean by that 15 years to get "full hep C"

This is not like aids.

Once you get the virus it immediately infects your liver and starts causing damage.
Then go find another doctor and get on interferon, get some antidepressant if you feel depressed, and stop thinking about killing yourself, and especially dont tell your next doctor this.
How is it that you find out you have this, and that makes you want to off yourself?

I found out in 2003 that I have had it since 1982 (blood transfusion after car accident), and for most of that time I was drinking like a fish and on drugs.
My liver is fine.

Get some interferon and keep your chin up, and dont buy any of this time limits bull-everyone is different.
And if you want to die, then why bother treating your hep C?

“It's not personal Its business”

Since: Jan 08

Fluffya

#46 May 17, 2008
HepSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>I usually take a couple of pills about 15 minutes before a meal. I only take Thysilin (sp) If I understand your statement correctly are you saying 15 years before it's full blown HCV? That's wrong - it years before the disease actually shows symptoms, that's why they call it the Silent Disease. From what I've read and been told the liver damage progresses differently with everyone. It's really not the inteferon that affects your moods, it's the ribavarian - that's why you hear heppers refer to riba rage quite a bit.
i have to disagree with you here.
The side effects of interferon are pretty bad all by themselve.
It can cause anemia, diarhea and fatigue and lots of others.
This is well known because for many years the interferon was given by itself, Ribo was only added to the mix about 6 years ago.
Also last year I was in a study for Teleprevir, and got just interferon and teleprevir, and the side effects were bad.
I am starting a new round of treatment on Wednesday morning, interferon, ribo, and this new stuff from debio, whichis a cyclophilin inhibitor.

For those with no insurance, there are plenty of studies going on in which you can get free treatment with interferon and ribo, and some of them include new medicines as well, and most of them will pay you for your trouble.

Check out clinicaltrials.gov for more info, and local clinics near you

“It's not personal Its business”

Since: Jan 08

Fluffya

#47 May 17, 2008
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results...

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results...

Here are two links in which I have narrowed it down, just look for locations near you and call the contact to find out about eligability.

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#48 May 18, 2008
Michael Corleone wrote:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/ results?recr=Open&cond=%22 Hepatitis+C%2C+Chronic%22
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results...
Here are two links in which I have narrowed it down, just look for locations near you and call the contact to find out about eligability.
Best of luck with the new treatment. You are braver than I am, it seems. I wish you success this time around. You've earned it.

“It's not personal Its business”

Since: Jan 08

Fluffya

#49 May 19, 2008
Skunk River Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Best of luck with the new treatment. You are braver than I am, it seems. I wish you success this time around. You've earned it.
Thank you Joe, I really do appreciate the encouragement.

I know we have had a disagreement or two on these pages, and I truly thank you for the vote of confidence.

I am looking forward to this, which is strange because I know I will go from feeling fine, to feeling like crap and having anemia and all the rest.

I am not sure if it is bravery or just sheer determination to fight, to try, to do anything...anything besides just wait and see what happens to me if I do nothing.

Also, someone has to volunteer to be the guineau pig for these new medicines, and I am (somehow) still in good enough shape to give it a go.

The best part of this study is that it is an open study, so I will know the results immediately, and if I dont have a SVR, I can discontinue the treatment.

I will let you and all else here know how it goes.
blagh

United States

#51 May 30, 2008
I think you should reread about Hep C to update your knowledge. It is transferable through sexual fluid, so yes you can get hep c from having sex with someone else who have hep c. it is a STD!!!!

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#52 May 30, 2008
blagh wrote:
I think you should reread about Hep C to update your knowledge. It is transferable through sexual fluid, so yes you can get hep c from having sex with someone else who have hep c. it is a STD!!!!
Cite your source please. Your statement is contrary to everything I've been told by some of the best people in the field. It's also contrary to my experience. I was exposed in about 1972 and didn't know I had it until 2004 or 2005 when I started showing major symptoms. I've been married since 1978 and my spouse is negative for the virus. I think you are mistaken.
HepSlayer

Federal Way, WA

#53 Jun 25, 2008
Michael Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>
i have to disagree with you here.
The side effects of interferon are pretty bad all by themselve.
It can cause anemia, diarhea and fatigue and lots of others.
This is well known because for many years the interferon was given by itself, Ribo was only added to the mix about 6 years ago.
Also last year I was in a study for Teleprevir, and got just interferon and teleprevir, and the side effects were bad.
I am starting a new round of treatment on Wednesday morning, interferon, ribo, and this new stuff from debio, whichis a cyclophilin inhibitor.
For those with no insurance, there are plenty of studies going on in which you can get free treatment with interferon and ribo, and some of them include new medicines as well, and most of them will pay you for your trouble.
Check out clinicaltrials.gov for more info, and local clinics near you
I never said that interferon sides weren't bad. I said the Riba was what affected your moods. Why do you think they call it RIBA RAGE?

Everyone is effected differently by treatment - period. And each time you do tx, you may have different sides. Found that one to be true from my own personal experience. I was part of a study for shortened tx time for geno 2's.

How many times have you been thru tx? What's your genotype?
Michael Corleone

United States

#54 Sep 3, 2008
HepSlayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that interferon sides weren't bad. I said the Riba was what affected your moods. Why do you think they call it RIBA RAGE?
Everyone is effected differently by treatment - period. And each time you do tx, you may have different sides. Found that one to be true from my own personal experience. I was part of a study for shortened tx time for geno 2's.
How many times have you been thru tx? What's your genotype?
Genotype 1b, third time in treatment, currently in the new debio study, viral load has dropped from >15,000,000 to 84 at last count. they are now recomending that i stay in Tx for 72 weeks if I clear the virus.
Also, they will dx if i do not sustain 1 log drop per month.
Have not missed a day of work yet, and my job is harsh and difficult (I repair high voltage underwater machinery).
I still disagree with you, but am not going to argue about it.
Have a great day.

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#55 Sep 3, 2008
Michael Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>
Genotype 1b, third time in treatment, currently in the new debio study, viral load has dropped from >15,000,000 to 84 at last count. they are now recomending that i stay in Tx for 72 weeks if I clear the virus.
Also, they will dx if i do not sustain 1 log drop per month.
Have not missed a day of work yet, and my job is harsh and difficult (I repair high voltage underwater machinery).
I still disagree with you, but am not going to argue about it.
Have a great day.
I'm pleased to read that you are doing well during this round of treatment. I truly hope you are able to complete the treatment and I sincerely hope it's a complete success. I wish you well MC. Take care, you certainly deserve to succeed after all you've been through. Peace.
Lost in me

United States

#56 Sep 12, 2008
I just found out that I tested positive for the anti-bodies for Hepatitis C. I'm at a lost for words. I have no clue what to do,and where to go. For anyone reading this. Thanks for your time. I hope to live a long live,

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#57 Sep 12, 2008
Lost in me wrote:
I just found out that I tested positive for the anti-bodies for Hepatitis C. I'm at a lost for words. I have no clue what to do,and where to go. For anyone reading this. Thanks for your time. I hope to live a long live,
I'm sorry to read about your diagnosis. I have Hep C as well, but I'm not a doctor or an expert. The most important bits of advice I can offer (If you're in the mood for more advice. If you're not, I totally understand.) are as follows:
1. Don't drink alcohol, don't use any drugs that your doc doesn't say is safe for your liver. Like Tylenol. It's all around us but it's toxic to our livers.
2. Find a medical team that you trust and feel comfortable with. Ask them a lot of questions and make them answer 'em.
3. Follow your docs advice. Take whatever meds you're supposed to take exactly the way they tell you to.
4. Do some research. There's a lot to learn and the more you know the better prepared you are to take care of yourself.
5. Be wary of opinions. Everybody has an opinion and everyone's experience is unique. I was not able to complete Interferon treatments because of the side effects in MY case. That does not mean Interferon is bad or that you should not try it if your doc thinks it's a good option. It really does help a lot of people. Just not me.
6. This is the most important, that's why I saved it for last. Don't despair! It's normal to be depressed, especially while on treatment, I am told. After I was diagnosed my doctors urged me to see a psychiatrist and at least look into counseling. I did so. 2 or 3 years later, i'm still going and I'm glad I am. So's my wife.
Remember, you aren't dead. Hep C is a slow acting illness. I carried the virus for 30 or 35 years before I knew I had it. So hang in there. Keep your chin up and your wits about you.
I wish you all the best. I don't know if anything I said will be useful to you, as I said, everyone's experience is unique. Take care. Peace.
Peaceful Warriour

AOL

#58 Sep 15, 2008
My fellow sufferers: It is not a very nice situation we are in. I am getting very heavy duty symtoms. Diagnosed in 1994 (Red Cross), could have contracted it many ways. My genotype is 4c 4d/ Euro strain so I suppose I have been a carrier for about 30 years . I got into triathlons and marathons. Feeling very worn out now , but this may pass. I have been told our bodies can cure hep-c . I cured hep b on my own. I have no insurance and I am 59 yrs. old . Been clean and sober for15 yrs. apart from verde fumare and I stopped smoking 5 yrs. ago. I have taken milk thistle 5 yrs. now. It is not quantity it is quality. Make the best of every minute u have . I am grateful for the 59 yrs. I lived healthy. Like everyone else I have friends who have died ,no one gets out of here alive . Find the tools that help. I have a small support group , I do Yoga , try to still swim , bike and run , play guitar , travel , thats getting harder and harder. But unlike the bloke who got run over& killed by some drunk I know that I have a time frame . I can make plans , appreciate each day and nite .Enjoy the things I became complacent of . i.e. sight, feeling, smell, taste, hearing . Lets face it friends , theres still alot to be thankful for. Don"t let the blue meanies get you down . When we die , life does not just end. No one knows what happens , but I know it is something wonderful . I have at least one near death experience , very bad auto accident, 1980 , might have gotten the hep-c then. Then and yesterday do not matter , we have today and each other. I don"t expect anyone to understand who does not have the h-c . I cannot hang with lame , egocentric, self serving , spirits . I have found being of service, volunteering , thinking of others, to be of great help in my /our challenge . I too backed out from treatment. Fear( f*** Everything and Run) or False Emotions Appearing Real.Kinda hard to trust a system run on greed and no compassion. Hang in there , this to will pass. Each of you are totally amazing/ very unigue and in my daily meditations.Stay clear , stay straight ,ROCK ON.. BE STRONG.. U CAN DO IT & When we cannot SPIRIT will . Blessings to you each and everyone. Grateful Gregg...---...
more than special forces

Turin, Italy

#59 Oct 13, 2008
Look I was diagnose with hep c in 2002 my viral loads where not looking good at all, let me tell you something like the gentlemen above me told you, every case is different, but if I have taken my precious time to read what you are going trough and to even reply back, then let me tell you my friend that means a lot, I have been the best all the time, when I got diagnose I was even better, let me tell you why, because I was no caring that if I jump of a cliff I was going to die or get hurt, if I do crazy crazy stunts in my motorcycles, I was not afraid to die, so I do everything with out been afraid of what is going to come out of it, and if feels great, call me stupid, whatever you want, but all I did brought me joy and I did it with no fear, so you need to have no fear, see another doctor, donít tell them you are crazy and want to get suicide, I know you are because if you where trying to end your self you would not be here already, all it was is that you where depressed and that you needed some sympathy from the doctor or someone, take the treatment as soon as you can, life is not over, who wants to live past 75 years old anyway, hep c probably is just another thing you donít have to worry about, life sucks get a helmet, and live your life, follow good routine like some of us, I run marathons, I compete in insane physical competitions and I donít drink, Iím young healthy and hep is not going to stop me from living another 50 years I will tell you that for sure.
educated

AOL

#60 Oct 16, 2008
since you seem not to know this disease is contracted blood to blood, its not a vd!
rrr wrote:
nasty ho. how many men has she been married to and how can she pinpoint who she got it from. scott baio, tommy lee, kid rock and shall i continue.....LOL
educated

AOL

#61 Oct 16, 2008
this is contracted thru blood, not from sleeping around
arminius

Buffalo, NY

#62 Oct 17, 2008
First work on your clap, crabs, and herpes.

“Doot de doot”

Since: Oct 07

doot doot da...!

#63 Oct 17, 2008
arminius wrote:
First work on your clap, crabs, and herpes.
First blow a hole through your useless head you ignorant punk!
HiLo

Morongo Valley, CA

#66 Oct 31, 2008
These are some pretty good posts, folks. It demonstrates to me that people are, in general, becoming more and more aware of HCV and how it is transmitted. Needles are not the only avenue. You can get it from sex and sharing snorting devices, among others. Remember, the virus can survive on any surface for at least 7 days. Not like HIV which dies almost immediately on contact with good old regular air.
Now, as to the rigors of treatment. Yeah, it's tough but there is good news coming. The newest med will most likely be telaprivir. Taken orally but it doesn't exclude interferon and ribivirin. You do all three but the course of treatment is only 6 months. First 3 months you do all three meds. Last 3 you drop the telaprivir. In the light of past 48 and 76 weeks of treatment, that should make things a bit easier on most of us...even the treatment experienced.
Milk thistle is ok and shouldn't harm you. In fact, it will do some good but, in the long run, not enough good to protect your liver completely. There is no reason, even in the coinfected, to avoid it. Just do a google on it to see if any of your current drugs are contraindicated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Soap Opera Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alison Sweeney Blogs: Jillian Michaels Is Tough... (Jan '13) 48 min amw 49
Days of Our Lives Spoilers: Sami Receives Answe... 2 hr dmw 1
The Young and the Restless Spoilers: Michael Po... 2 hr dmw 2
Today's News: Our Take - Melody Thomas Scott Di... (Apr '13) 9 hr dmw 51
'The Young and the Restless': Ratings' rise pro... (Feb '14) Oct 16 amw 27
'The Young and the Restless': Ray Wise slickly ... (Mar '14) Oct 16 amw 13
Days of Our Lives Spoilers: Is Michael Muhney H... Oct 15 mom chez 1

Soap Opera People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE