Former `60 Minutes' commentator Andy ...

Former `60 Minutes' commentator Andy Rooney dies

There are 3 comments on the NWCN.com story from Nov 5, 2011, titled Former `60 Minutes' commentator Andy Rooney dies. In it, NWCN.com reports that:

Andy Rooney so dreaded the day he had to end his signature "60 Minutes" commentaries about life's large and small absurdities that he kept going until he was 92 years old.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NWCN.com.

Dallas

United States

#1 Nov 5, 2011
I hope at the end he made peace with himself about disliking some of his fellow human beings; gays and other minorities. Now, RIP Andy.
bottlecap

Tampa, FL

#2 Nov 5, 2011
Dallas wrote:
I hope at the end he made peace with himself about disliking some of his fellow human beings; gays and other minorities. Now, RIP Andy.
But Rooney did, in a joking way, come clean on the GREATEST BIGOTRY of ALL!! That is left-wing Media bias, whose cancerous influence on Western civilization may cause its total collapse.

Speaking about the Presidential Race between Bush and Kerry in 2004,

“I know a lot of you believe that most people in the news business are liberal. Let me tell you, I know a lot of them, and they were almost evenly divided this time. Half of them liked Senator Kerry; the other half hated President Bush.”
— CBS’s Andy Rooney on the November 7, 2004 60 Minutes.

FORTUNATELY, most people now get their political information from the Internet.
tumbleweed

Dallas, TX

#3 Nov 5, 2011
it's been said his grumpiness was very real. I knew someone who asked for his autograph in an airport and Rooney said get away from me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Smith Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best Movies Filmed In Baltimore (Apr '15) Apr '15 Samantha 1
News 2015 Grammy Nominees Revealed (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News Top GOP Candidate for Governor Led Birther Effo... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Dorothy Johnson 1
News 'Anna Nicole' Lifetime movie is a sad mess (Jun '13) Feb '14 Shut Up You 30
News Colbert pokes at pope, others at NY charity dinner (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gstspkr 13
News Richmond has 12 out of 37 low-performing schools (Sep '13) Sep '13 benson 1
News Later! CBS' 'Early Show' replaces Harry Smith (Nov '10) Jan '11 xxoo NOT 3
More from around the web