NY weekly depicts Obamas as characters from 'Sanford and Son'

Full story: TwinCities.com

A weekly newspaper publisher on New York's Long Island is defending its decision to portray President Barack Obama and his wife as characters from the TV sitcom "Sanford and Son." Some local political leaders and others contend it's a racist depiction.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mr Hooper

Burnsville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2010

Judged:

Grady wrote:
**** isn't qualified to run a junkyard.
What would you call Chicago?
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Judged:

Jeff W wrote:
The paper can print a satirical depiction however it sees fit to do so. It's not racism-ITS FREE SPEECH! OMG-the president is black!
I agree. But free speech is subject to the scrutiny of others, and in response they can express what they think of whatever depiction or opinion has been stated, racist or not.
Rob

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Judged:

Chev Chelios wrote:
<quoted text>Oh boo hoo..the incessant whining of liberals. Were you all so aghast when South Park made humor of Palin's child? That was humorless, classless, gutless and vile. Palin was told to suck it up by most of you, the group of such welcoming, diverse, unjudging wonderful liberals...god what a joke. You perpetuate racism, forever seeking a slight or an insult. Childish crybabies, you will find what you seek. Too bad you didnt seek to be more of a man.
South Park makes fun of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. If you have any dearly held opinions or beliefs, they will find a way to skewer them. That's why insecure, dogmatic thinkers have a problem with that particular show. I'm not saying it's right or wrong. But thin-skinned people of all stripes need to grow some balls to watch that show. Note that you appear to be siding with the Islamist loonies who threatened the two South Park writers.
Charlie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2010

Judged:

How sad. All these hate remarks by truly ignorant and evil people. Satire, I believe that explanation is nothing more than an INSULT TO PEOPLE'S INTELLIGENCE.
meandean

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

George wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Aunt Esther, I would be very insulted by being compared to Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama has the largest mouth I have ever seen on a woman.
I think Michelle looks way too much like James Brown!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 25 of25
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sanford and Son Discussions

Search the Sanford and Son Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Iconic Black Sitcom Sanford And Son Debuted On ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 KPITRL 1
L.I. Paper Compares Obamas to 'Sanford and Son' (May '10) Sep '11 ahahah 8
NY weekly newspaper compares Obamas to characte... (May '10) May '10 billyjoe 5
Old Pros to hear actor Gregory Sierra (Oct '09) Oct '09 carol fendall 1
Sony, remake Sanford and Son (Jan '09) Jul '09 dummy 2
Sanford and son (Jul '07) Jan '09 Lynwood 2
Famous Actor from 70s Visits Local School (Feb '08) Mar '08 joe dupont 2
•••
•••