Kirk Cameron Calls Homosexuality 'Unnatural' and 'Destructive' on CNN, Twitter Responds

Mar 3, 2012 Full story: International Business Times 77

Former "Growing Pains" actor and current active Evangelical Christian Kirk Cameron was interviewed on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Friday to discuss his thoughts on homosexuality, calling it "unnatural" and "destructive." ormer "Growing Pains" actor and now active Evangelical Christian Kirk Cameron was interviewed on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" ... (more)

Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Pat

Huntington Beach, CA

#66 Mar 10, 2012
Jokes on you wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions aren't facts. That's why they're called opinions. LMAO You're making this too easy. It's only because of his stand and previous opinions that Piers asked him about this. It actually had no bearing on why he was invited to the show. He was baited, pure and simple.
The rest of your comments to me do not deserve any further attention.
One can support an opinion with fact(s), which is what I believe he attempts to do when citing scripture. I highly doubt he was scheduled to appear to talk about only the new movie, it's Piers Morgan for crying out loud. If that was the case, perhaps he would have been better off doing an interview on Entertainment Tonight or Good Morning America, fluff shows like that.

No doubt it's because you lack the attention to give.
Jokes on you

Jacksonville, FL

#67 Mar 10, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
One can support an opinion with fact(s), which is what I believe he attempts to do when citing scripture. I highly doubt he was scheduled to appear to talk about only the new movie, it's Piers Morgan for crying out loud. If that was the case, perhaps he would have been better off doing an interview on Entertainment Tonight or Good Morning America, fluff shows like that.
No doubt it's because you lack the attention to give.
Yes, one can support their opinion with facts; however, it's not a requirement. You just keep on trying to belittle me if that's what it takes to make you feel better.

And you can doubt all you want the motive Piers had on inviting him to the show. It's all spectulation on your part.
McGruff

United States

#68 Mar 10, 2012
The Troll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>Here's something for you to chew on, bigot boy: The American Medical Association, the American Psychological Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the World Health Organization, the American Counseling Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics and the National Association of Social Workers all agree that homosexuality isn't inherently harmful, isn't a choice and can't be changed. I'll gladly take their scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed word for it over the word of some willfully ignorant religious fanatic like you any old day of the week.

I dare you to come up with just one way of how two strangers of the same gender entering into a legally-recognized marriage with each other would harm you in even the tiniest little bit. Not that I'm holding my breath.
then why do teens experiment with it?? How come some like both sexes? I knew a woman who was a lesbian her entire live and one day at 40 decoded she wasn't. How can that be of she was born that way??
McGruff

United States

#69 Mar 10, 2012
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not making anything up. He specifically said it was unnatural. He specifically said he was against allow gay people to marry as straight people are allowed to do.
obammy is against gays marrying. So is Hillary, Bill and the majority of Americans.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#70 Mar 10, 2012
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
obammy is against gays marrying. So is Hillary, Bill and the majority of Americans.
and most americans are against ignorant rednecks from kentucky... ha ha
Fire and Rain

El Paso, TX

#71 Mar 10, 2012
GLADD is a hate group.
Pat

Huntington Beach, CA

#72 Mar 10, 2012
Jokes on you wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, one can support their opinion with facts; however, it's not a requirement. You just keep on trying to belittle me if that's what it takes to make you feel better.
And you can doubt all you want the motive Piers had on inviting him to the show. It's all spectulation on your part.
That's true, it's not a requirement, but in this case I say it should be, particularly if one is going to label another human being "unnatural" and claim that his/her sexual identity is a cause for society's demise. Belittle you? How did you arrive at that?

I've seen Morgan's show, and his interview of Cameron is pretty similar to how he interviews many of his guests. The speculation is coming from you, believing that the only reason Piers had him on was because of Cameron's belief about homosexuality.
Jokes on you

Jacksonville, FL

#73 Mar 10, 2012
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true, it's not a requirement, but in this case I say it should be, particularly if one is going to label another human being "unnatural" and claim that his/her sexual identity is a cause for society's demise. Belittle you? How did you arrive at that?
I've seen Morgan's show, and his interview of Cameron is pretty similar to how he interviews many of his guests. The speculation is coming from you, believing that the only reason Piers had him on was because of Cameron's belief about homosexuality.
Well, I'm glad you say. That clears everything up. And I'm sure if I had said to you, "No doubt it's because you lack the attention to give.", you'd be a little put-off, too. I had a better impression of you.
Pat

Huntington Beach, CA

#74 Mar 10, 2012
Jokes on you wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm glad you say. That clears everything up. And I'm sure if I had said to you, "No doubt it's because you lack the attention to give.", you'd be a little put-off, too. I had a better impression of you.
It should, but I'm quite certain with you it doesn't.(Don't worry, I understood the sarcasm). And you are quick to point out belittling. What I wrote is no less belittling than you thinking you need to point out the difference between fact and an opinion, and throwing in an internet acronym for emphasis. Perhaps you need a thicker skin or study the phrase, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen." It's impossible for you to stay clean if one slings mud back in return. Now, if you wanna stop with the jabs, I'm all for it, we can go on with a civil discourse about this topic. If not, try not to cry foul when someone else decides to give instead of just take.
Pat

Huntington Beach, CA

#75 Mar 10, 2012
Fire and Rain wrote:
GLADD is a hate group.
The KKK is a hate group; NOM is a hate group; One Million Moms is a hate group... you're barking up the wrong tree.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#76 Mar 10, 2012
Kirk Cameron is goofy.
girlyman

Long Beach, CA

#77 Mar 10, 2012
Homosexuality is a filthy perverted sex addiction !

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#78 Mar 10, 2012
girlyman wrote:
Homosexuality is a filthy perverted sex addiction !
Being a stupid moron like yourself must really suck!!!
holtzhog

Olive Branch, MS

#79 Mar 10, 2012
So true
Polly Parrot

Felton, CA

#80 Mar 10, 2012
girlyman wrote:
Homosexuality is a filthy perverted sex addiction !
SQUAWK

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#81 Mar 10, 2012
girlyman wrote:
Homosexuality is a filthy perverted sex addiction !
What makes you say that? Are you experienced?
Yup

Burlington, MA

#82 Mar 11, 2012
Kirk Cameron is an i d i otic wacko.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piers Morgan Tonight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are Kirk Cameron's Views on Gay Marriage Experi... (May '14) Jun '14 Sexual Bolshevism 16
News Lindsay Lohan talks drugs, booze, rehab, sex (May '13) May '13 Old Sam 1
News Rock Bottom: Piers Morgan Beaten by HLN (Mar '13) Apr '13 Leroy Jones 3
Piers Morgan Get Out Of USA (Apr '13) Apr '13 Leroy Jones 3
Am,azingly Respectful Piers Morgan Observation: (Feb '13) Feb '13 Scott MacKenzie 2
News Piers Morgan goes to shooting range in Texas (Feb '13) Feb '13 disgusted 2
News What national media are saying about the Midlan... (Feb '13) Feb '13 vicent 1
More from around the web