extending 'middle class' tax cuts

Posted in the Morning Joe Forum

Doug Kirk

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 11, 2012
Help me with this. The income tax is on net 'take-home' profit, after business all business salaries and other expenses are paid. It is not a tax on the business itself (regardless of whether a sole proprietorship or a company). If someone is making $250k a year (taxed at a tax cut rate), as take home profit on a business with 5 employees, and the same $250k is then taxed at the higher non-cut rate, why would they fire one of their employees? It could temporarily produce more take-home profit, but in the long run productivity drops & profitability drops. Is the point that this would happen in the real world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morning Joe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Morning Joe Co-Host (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mary Newsie 1
CNN's Savidge Not Ready To Bust Out Of Cockpit (Mar '14) Mar '14 stories that matt... 1
Nicolle Wallace Berates Chuck Todd for Failure ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 fatbacks x 1
Roy Exum: The Ridiculous - Blame Game' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Ann Jackson 1
Ted Cruz Canadian citizenship (Jan '14) Jan '14 Timothy Flannery 1
morning joe (Jan '14) Jan '14 lorene cameron 1
Joe Gandleman: Martin Bashir crosses line in th... (Dec '13) Dec '13 blogger 1

Morning Joe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE