extending 'middle class' tax cuts

extending 'middle class' tax cuts

Posted in the Morning Joe Forum

Doug Kirk

Nashville, TN

#1 Jul 11, 2012
Help me with this. The income tax is on net 'take-home' profit, after business all business salaries and other expenses are paid. It is not a tax on the business itself (regardless of whether a sole proprietorship or a company). If someone is making $250k a year (taxed at a tax cut rate), as take home profit on a business with 5 employees, and the same $250k is then taxed at the higher non-cut rate, why would they fire one of their employees? It could temporarily produce more take-home profit, but in the long run productivity drops & profitability drops. Is the point that this would happen in the real world?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Morning Joe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News a Gop senator had a tense exchange with the 'Mo... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News Trump rips into 'Morning Joe' Aug '16 zionist media cabal 2
News What The DNC Leaks Say About Our Need For Self-... Aug '16 southern at heart 3
News Joe Scarborough turns on Donald Trump Jun '16 USA Today 1
News 'Morning Joe' abruptly ends interview with Flor... (Mar '16) Mar '16 kuda 14
News Media's latest primary night: Big stakes, thick... (Mar '16) Mar '16 USA today 1
News 1Even Trumpa s favorite TV hosts, Scarborough a... (Mar '16) Mar '16 tarp survivor 4
More from around the web