Hollywood stars support lesbian den m...

Hollywood stars support lesbian den mother ousted from Boy ScoutsA

There are 4 comments on the New York Daily News story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Hollywood stars support lesbian den mother ousted from Boy ScoutsA. In it, New York Daily News reports that:

A gay Ohio mom is fighting her ouster as a Boy Scouts den mother - and she's getting some serious support from Hollywood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York Daily News.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#1 Apr 24, 2012
Gee, rational thinking people care more about kids than hate.

What a concept!!!
Bob

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 24, 2012
"The Boy Scouts of America has previously defended its policy as a First Amendment privilege, and the Supreme Court agreed with that argument in 2000."

It amounts to legal discrimination.

Does this mean we can all discriminate against those we don't like? We should be able to if the boy scouts can.

FaFoxy

“ WOOF !”

Since: Oct 10

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Apr 24, 2012
NOBODY should support teh Cub Scouts nor Boy Scouts until they end their discriminatory policies.

I have gone out of my way for years to support the Girl Scouts of American BECAUSE they don't have this discriminatory policy.

And i WAS a Cub Scout AND a Boy Scout.
Xstain Mullah Franchisee

Cheltenham, PA

#4 Apr 24, 2012
Bob wrote:
"The Boy Scouts of America has previously defended its policy as a First Amendment privilege, and the Supreme Court agreed with that argument in 2000."
It amounts to legal discrimination.
Does this mean we can all discriminate against those we don't like? We should be able to if the boy scouts can.
The bigot Boy Scouts get to be bigoted on religious grounds - barring agnostics and atheists - and on the basis of sexual orientation so long as they get no tax payer monies or in kind support.

Which they clearly still do...until we fix that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Modern Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antigay Group Claims 'Modern Family' Same-Sex E... (Oct '13) Dec '16 Keith 216
Phil Dunphy = Michael Scott (Dec '10) Aug '16 EyeofthehurricaneEm 8
News Is there anything you can't say on TV anymore? ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 1
News The Real O'Neals - Sitcom is charming 'family, ... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Marco R s Secret ... 11
News 'Girls' gay twist: Elijah was right all along (Mar '15) Mar '15 Prosperity Fundie... 3
News 'Modern Family' to air episode that takes place... (Feb '15) Feb '15 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News We Need More Gay Sex on TV (Aug '14) Sep '14 Spelling nazis suck 80
More from around the web