Sitcom 'Modern Family' honoured for its portrayal of diverse America

Oct 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Amherst Daily News

It was a night to celebrate, but the mood was subdued on the arrivals line at the GLSEN Respect Awards, presented by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Choam NOMsky

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

I bet they'll make the kids watch this in school.
If anyone laughs, they'll be arrested by GLSEN for bigotry, homophobia, and bullying.
Frank Stanton

Omaha, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

Choam NOMsky wrote:
I bet they'll make the kids watch this in school.
If anyone laughs, they'll be arrested by GLSEN for bigotry, homophobia, and bullying.
the problem i have with the show is it's standard portrait of tax paying gay u.s. citizens as the funny side-kick. every straight i've known alwasy felt a little hipper, cooler, chic if they had themselves a gay side-kick.

i want to see serious drama roles portraying us (tax paying gay u.s. citizens) as the complex, 100% human being's we are. full of love, hate, humor, wishes, tired, and discriminated against from our neighbors, co-workers, strangers, states, and federal government. when that's shown on tv, i'll give a damn about the funny gay side-kick roles we only got now.

:(

PEACE.

Frank
CharlesP

Lovejoy, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

Judged:

I do not even get any part of the "show".
Not funny.
Not a drama.
NOt even worth watching.
ummthatsgreat

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2010

yeah, except it's hilarious, ironic, and quite frequently poignant.

I wish Eric Stonestreet was gay!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••