Remembering Tim Russert

Remembering Tim Russert

There are 1 comment on the poynter.org story from Jun 15, 2008, titled Remembering Tim Russert. In it, poynter.org reports that:

Tim Russert's colleagues remembered him on a special edition of "Meet the Press" Sunday with stories and clips recounting his little boy curiosity, his exuberant journalism and his relentless attachment to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at poynter.org.

My Sympathy

Marietta, GA

#1 Jun 16, 2008
I spent a good part of this weekend mourning the death of a father......... Tim Russert. Just like my father who died of the same disease in 1984; I too was a college graduate when my father passed. My Mom was a strong woman as Tim's wife is.... the similarities of these two situations made me mourn the passing of my father again.

I know the pain of emptiness to live your life without the father as your guiding force. I so wish my Dad were still around to see the accomplishments that he molded into my being. I wish my Mom and Dad were still together to enjoy the later years of their lives.

My sympathy to the Russert family. To Big Russ, who must just be heartbroken. You don't ever think of burying your child. What a spectacular affect Big Russ had on his famiily, his son, and his grandson. To Maureen, who must carry on in the face of such a tradgedy. The days will become long; may the memories of their lives together keep her through the hard times. To Luke, the pride of a loving family. You cannot imagine how often the words and lessons taught to you by your father will come back to you in your ife. As you grow and live life, you will appreciate even more the words of your father.

There is only one way out of this life. When your heart is prepared, it is easier to see the glory of moving to another place. Do not let your end come without preparing your heart and knowing where you will spend your eternal life. God is welcoming Tim and saying to him, "Well done, my child, well done".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meet the Press Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gop delegates Apr '16 dgordo4ut 1
Meet The Press says US still depends on importe... Mar '16 Seriously Free 1
Hillary Clinton talking about giving illegal al... Mar '16 Anthony giglio 1
News Cruz, super PACs hit Trump on abortion, 'N.Y. v... Feb '16 The Ghost Rider o... 2
Chuck Todd unfair today (Sep '15) Sep '15 bronxmom1 1
PUBLIC SYMBOLS - i.e. Confederate flag, Mohamme... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Ros 1
News CBS' Bob Schieffer is ready for retirement (May '15) May '15 Murphy 1
More from around the web