Once disappointed Ashley Judd 'fired up again' for Obama

May 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Hill

The actress and political activist was asked by "Meet the Press" host David Gregory on NBC's "Press Pass" web show whether she has been disappointed by Obama since he won election in 2008: "To a certain extent I was for the first couple of years.

Comments
1 - 20 of 70 Comments Last updated May 28, 2012
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Bwahahahahahaha!

She's had to convince herself that her Political Party is more important than her Country.

In other words, A Typical "Progressive" buffoon!

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Why are progressives so flowking stupid?

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Obama 'Devastating' For Civil Liberties

October 10, 2011

Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed in the Los Angeles Times that "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." He says President Obama has continued many of the most controversial Bush administration programs.

JOHN DONVAN, host: And now, the Opinion Page. After eight years under President Bush, many civil libertarians were thrilled when Barack Obama won the 2008 election. What a difference a few years make. Law Professor Jonathan Turley argues in a recent op-ed that, quote, "the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties." Now, if you supported President Obama in the last election, we want to know: How important is this issue of civil liberties to you? Will it make or break your support for the president going forward? Give us a call: 800-989-8255. And our email address is talk@npr.org. And you can also join the conversation at our website and find a link to the Turley op-ed. Go to npr.org and click on TALK OF THE NATION.

So Jonathan Turley, he's a law professor at George Washington University. His piece, "Obama: A Disaster for Civil Liberties," ran last month in the Los Angeles Times, and he joins us now in Studio 3A. So you say of President Obama that his election may be one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties? That is very, very strong language, Jonathan.

JONATHAN TURLEY: It is a strong language, but I think civil libertarians are coming to grips with what is really a building disaster for our movement, and it's been a rather difficult process. You know, I have a large civil liberties blog, and there's a lot of soul-searching among civil libertarians about what exactly happened. But we are engaging in a sense of collective denial when we deal with President Obama.

DONVAN: You mean you're not talking about it publicly.

TURLEY: Yeah. And I think that's part of the purpose of this column, is to address the fact that President Obama is a perfect nightmare when it comes to civil liberties. He not only adopted most of President Bush's policies in the civil liberties areas when it comes to terrorism, but he actually expanded on them. He outdid George Bush.

And they range. His position on torture and refusing to have people investigated or prosecuted for torture, on privacy lawsuits. He pushed aggressively for the dismissal of dozens of lawsuits brought by private interest organizations. He's for immunity for people who engaged in warrantless surveillance. He has fought standing for people even to be able to get courts to review his programs, much like George Bush. He kept military tribunals and the authority to make the discretionary choice of sending some people to a real court, some people to a military tribunal. He has asserted the right to kill U.S. citizens based solely on his own discretion, that he believes them to be a threat to the country.

His administration has, once again, as with the Bush administration, cited secret law, that - and including a case of assassinating citizens - a law that we're not allowed to see, but we have to trust them.

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/10/141213273/op-ed...

Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Another uppity Christian BIGOT that won't accept Mormonism.
Ross

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Did Judd ever get help for her Kleptomania? Why should anyone pay any attention to the thoughts of a common thief?
Responsibility

Burlingame, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

laughing, I wouldn't judge other people - after all you believed Palin could be vp and you ran through the ugly gamut of all those circus performers in the republicant circus of late! LOLL
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Ross wrote:
Did Judd ever get help for her Kleptomania? Why should anyone pay any attention to the thoughts of a common thief?
Hey, I thought you were a Bishop Rmoney supporter???? Let's cool it with the klepto jokes. OUR guy was arrested for stealing!!! He thought he could get away with it, like all his other pranks because his anchor-baby dad was governor of Michigan. We don't want attention to that!!! So keep it under your hat.[wink wink]
Makes sense

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
laughing, I wouldn't judge other people - after all you believed Palin could be vp and you ran through the ugly gamut of all those circus performers in the republicant circus of late! LOLL
I support Dick Cheney or Donald Trump for Bishop Rmoney's VP.
CHECK SIX

North Port, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Like who gives a shit what this Slut thinks...Pure HOLLAVOOD adulation of HUSSIN...they all get a stirring in their collect JUNK at the sight of this COOL ROCK STAR....Who cares??...Has not TOPIX run out of real STUFF,or is this the NBC,CBS,MSNBC,NPR CNN tactic to manage news and there open support of OBAMA...The good News NO BODY LOOKS AT THEM..THEIR .Ratings in the SEPTIC TANK...Just LOONY PABLUM for NITWIT LOONS....What BS Here!
walksalone

Rossiter, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

The laughing liberal wrote:
Bwahahahahahaha!
She's had to convince herself that her Political Party is more important than her Country.
In other words, A Typical "Progressive" buffoon!
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting an inexperienced man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America . Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama. It is less likely to survive a multitude of Idiots such as those who made him their president."
Sheik Yerbouti

Lambertville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

I think obama is going to have a lot of trouble generating the level of excitement we saw in the 2008 campaign. Hope and change my ass! He is just another corporate shill and is essentially a republicrat just like clinton! What a choice-an idiot or a sociopath!!

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

May 18, 2012

The Economy Sucks & Poverty is on the RISE in America so what Does Obama Pimp?

Obama proposes private investment to fight poverty in Africa

You can't make this sh*t up!

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theov...

“i hope we can change this!”

Since: Aug 08

usa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
she said, as she passed judgement on sarah palin, and the republican primary candidates...again.

“I just hate stupid people”

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

It wasn't like she was going to vote any other way.
Hollywood wealthies always vote liberal.......
Mothra

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Makes sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I support Dick Cheney or Donald Trump for Bishop Rmoney's VP.

You're dick's jock supporter, dummycrat.

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
I think obama is going to have a lot of trouble generating the level of excitement we saw in the 2008 campaign. Hope and change my ass! He is just another corporate shill and is essentially a republicrat just like clinton! What a choice-an idiot or a sociopath!!

Obama = Bush. Both Suck.

lolol

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

actress .... liberal .... hollywood ... rich ...
so where's the surprise in this ?

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:

Palin?

She was more qualified with Executive Experience than BOTH Biden and Scumbag-0-bama combined. She even beat Joe Biden in the debate.

Sorry toots but I can judge whoever the hell I want and will continue to state the Obvious Common sense that you lack.

Barack Hussein Obama is the WORST Totus of ALL_TIME because idiots like you thought Dopey, Hopey, Changey was more important than experience. I agree with Bill Clinton: "Obama is an Incompetent Amateur. He doesn't know how to be president."

- Ouch!-

“Truth to Power!”

Wake Forest, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Judged:

Ashley Judd, millionaire.

George looney Clooney, millionaire

Wall Street execs, Millionaires

Obama Hussein, millionaire.

The 1% ers for Obama!

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Meet the Press Discussions

Search the Meet the Press Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ukraine on edge of political meltdown 16 hr Karmarim 16
Bryant Gumbel tries to compare Donald Sterling ... Apr '14 Saved By Zero 2
al sharpton Apr '14 gcsibert 1
White House Ukraine policy upside down Apr '14 Ranjan Sinha 2
Sunday talks shows to focus on Ukraine, missing... Apr '14 RayOne 4
Reissue of Russert's 'Big Russ & Me' out in May Feb '14 Buck Rohde 15
Dolan: Catholics 'outmarketed' on gay marriage (Nov '13) Dec '13 hidden agenda 235
•••
•••
•••