CBS axes 7 shows to make room for fall newcomers

Full story: TwinCities.com

CBS is giving seven of its old shows the heave-ho to make room for new fall fare with a shake-'em-up schedule for the 2010-11 season.
Comments
21 - 27 of 27 Comments Last updated May 29, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cindy Stainker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Cold Case was so unrealistic, I stopped watching it. Solving 50 year old murders. Questioning 80 year old people who remembered it like it was yesterday. Ask the police how many cold case murders they solve in Minneapolis. Maybe one or two a year. And most of them are 5-15 years old.
Well it was only a T.V. show Mike.
Mike

Fergus Falls, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2010

Cindy Stainker wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it was only a T.V. show Mike.
Even the CSI shows have become so unrealistic they are driving me away. I know it's only a tv show, but you'd be surprised how many people show up for jury duty expecting to see this stuff that really doesn't exist, except in the minds of the writers.
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Even the CSI shows have become so unrealistic they are driving me away. I know it's only a tv show, but you'd be surprised how many people show up for jury duty expecting to see this stuff that really doesn't exist, except in the minds of the writers.
And maybe having the expectation that the defendant HAS to be guilty because tv shows have led them to believe that the evidence is foolproof.
Cindy Stainker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Even the CSI shows have become so unrealistic they are driving me away. I know it's only a tv show, but you'd be surprised how many people show up for jury duty expecting to see this stuff that really doesn't exist, except in the minds of the writers.
I suppose.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

TootSweet wrote:
"Finally, Shatner stars in his first sitcom whose title alone is sure to be noticed. Called something akin to "(Bleep)... My Dad Says," it focuses on Shatner's character as an opinionated dad whose rants find their way into the public sphere when his son posts them on a Twitter account read by millions."
Other than the Twitter, just sounds like more Archie Bunker to me.
I wonder if Shatner's character's embarrassing opinions will be liberal ones like those of his in real life. More likely they'll cast him as a doofus who spouts conservative stuff.

Ever notice that Hollywood has never done a doofus liberal?
Sarah D

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2010

Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if Shatner's character's embarrassing opinions will be liberal ones like those of his in real life. More likely they'll cast him as a doofus who spouts conservative stuff.
Mike the "Meathead" in All in the Family. Gloria took her shots too. She was the "Feminist" who would burst into tears when she didn't get her own way.
Mike

Alexandria, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2010

Bob the Bilderberg wrote:
<quoted text>
Shatner played Denny Crane, who was about as right wing as they come.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Lost Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominic Monaghan NAKED: He is Uncut (Aug '12) Apr '14 Yeehaw Babe 6
'Lost' alum finds 'Young and the Restless' gig (Sep '13) Sep '13 Paul 1
Jack Kesy Feels The Strain (Jun '13) Jun '13 lily 1
'Lost' finale sucks after six years of waiting.... (May '10) Jun '13 jason 30
Hawaii Fivo-O season 2 premiere is Ha'iole on CBS (Sep '11) Jun '13 Rob Martin 3
The latest Star Wars film is to be made in the UK (May '13) May '13 Plans 1
Gay magazine reveals Lost's Michelle Rodriguez ... (Nov '06) Apr '13 Whatever 4

Search the Lost Forum:
•••
•••