'Lost' ends run with some reassuring answers, but unnerving questio...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The premiere of "Lost" ended memorably with Charlie's plaintive question to his fellow island castaways: "Guys, where ARE we?" Six seasons and some 120 episodes later, many viewers might be wondering the same thing as the much-awaited "Lost" finale brought the series to a rapturous close Sunday night.
Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated May 25, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
stinky taco

Saint Paul, MN

#1 May 24, 2010
never saw an episode. think I'll watch it on dvd now.
StPaul TheNewDetroit

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 24, 2010
So they all did die when the plane crashed?

So they did a reverse "Soprano's" ending to white out???
R Peltier

Maple Plain, MN

#3 May 24, 2010
I quit watching it in season 1. Regis Philbin thought there was a dinosaur on the island, was there?
The Big Bopper

Saint Paul, MN

#4 May 24, 2010
R Peltier wrote:
I quit watching it in season 1. Regis Philbin thought there was a dinosaur on the island, was there?
No, Regis never guest starred.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#5 May 24, 2010
KSTP eyewitness news should be BOYCOTTED for running those damn weather alert crawlers DURING THE FINALE! Are they nuts? Jerks couldn't cut off a precious advertisement so they mar the finale over and over. Screw you eyewitness news team!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 May 24, 2010
In the end, LOST was never about a story making sense. It was about the people and their relationships. The story is inconsequential and therefore doesn't need to be understood. I think this is a cop-out.
Bob the Bilderberg

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 24, 2010
I can't believe that ABC is telling us they believe in God. Obama will not approve.
joe dirt

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 24, 2010
Dumb 1/2 show 1/2 commercial never got going...Weak
Everyday People

North Haven, CT

#9 May 24, 2010
joe dirt wrote:
Dumb 1/2 show 1/2 commercial never got going...Weak
Without an event recorder to fast forward the comercials, viewers would be hard pressed to keep guns away from their mouths getting through this one.
Gonka

Coshocton, OH

#10 May 24, 2010
I was so dissappointed in the ending. I looked at my husband and said, are you kidding me? Were they on crack when they wrote the ending! I can't believe they let so many fans down with that so called finale. I could of written a better ending. In one scene Jack and Juliet are married and have a son, few scenes later no son and not married to Juliet. They didn't all die in the original plane crash, other wise how would they of built friendships. A cab driver picked up a (dead) John Locke and takes him to the church where they all meet. Really! Penny was there, how did she die? etc.. I have to say Boo to the writers on the finale and a BIG Thumbs Down on the finale. Their fans deserved better than what we got. What a shame.
name

San Francisco, CA

#11 May 24, 2010
I was a fan of Lost until the finale.
i love kate austin

Charlotte, NC

#12 May 24, 2010
The Big Bopper wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Regis never guest starred.
lol... that was hillarious
pooperscooper

AOL

#13 May 24, 2010
LOST may have been seen as a story ,a bit invincible ,as to its storyline ,.........
yet is right on target ,as far as life goes ,.....
lost was just a microcosm of our own lives ,......
like Shakespeare said , in MACBETH

She should have died hereafter;
There would have been a time for such a word.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more:

---------- it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.---------
i love kate austin

Charlotte, NC

#14 May 24, 2010
Everyday People wrote:
<quoted text>
Without an event recorder to fast forward the comercials, viewers would be hard pressed to keep guns away from their mouths getting through this one.
did you see the target commercials,they were better than the superbowl
Boris Badenov

North Haven, CT

#16 May 24, 2010
i love kate austin wrote:
<quoted text>did you see the target commercials,they were better than the superbowl
I fast-forwrded all the comercials last night.
Yuk Yuk

Saint Paul, MN

#17 May 24, 2010
I think Bart Simpson was right when he wrote on the blackboard at the beginning of the Simpsons: The whole show was a dream the dog was having.
Ken James

Stillwater, MN

#19 May 24, 2010
KSTP should lose those dumb weather warnings As far as me watching channel 5. I'm LOST bring on TNT
Craig

Minneapolis, MN

#20 May 24, 2010
Wonderful finale. I joking with my wife before it began,'tonight, ALL will be revealed'...well, of course not. There's no way to spin a yarn that big and tie it up in one finale.

Besides, that wouldn't be true to the M.O. There HAD to be loose ends that people can continue to debate.

The emotional closure, provided by the purgatory/limbo church ending, resonated well with me.

For an atheist viewer though? Bummer. ;)

TEF

“Non credo quia absurdum est”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21 May 24, 2010
Craig wrote:
Wonderful finale. I joking with my wife before it began,'tonight, ALL will be revealed'...well, of course not. There's no way to spin a yarn that big and tie it up in one finale.
Besides, that wouldn't be true to the M.O. There HAD to be loose ends that people can continue to debate.
The emotional closure, provided by the purgatory/limbo church ending, resonated well with me.
For an atheist viewer though? Bummer. ;)
I'm an atheist and I loved the ending. The good thing about it is, while it was spiritual and hinted at an afterlife, it kept it completely religion free.
Chaos

Middlebury, CT

#22 May 24, 2010
StPaul TheNewDetroit wrote:
So they all did die when the plane crashed?
So they did a reverse "Soprano's" ending to white out???
No and no.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Lost Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominic Monaghan NAKED: He is Uncut (Aug '12) Apr '14 Yeehaw Babe 6
'Lost' alum finds 'Young and the Restless' gig (Sep '13) Sep '13 Paul 1
Jack Kesy Feels The Strain (Jun '13) Jun '13 lily 1
'Lost' finale sucks after six years of waiting.... (May '10) Jun '13 jason 30
Hawaii Fivo-O season 2 premiere is Ha'iole on CBS (Sep '11) Jun '13 Rob Martin 3
The latest Star Wars film is to be made in the UK (May '13) May '13 Plans 1
Gay magazine reveals Lost's Michelle Rodriguez ... (Nov '06) Apr '13 Whatever 4
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Lost People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••