South Bay restaurateur has a 'Kitchen...

South Bay restaurateur has a 'Kitchen Nightmare'

There are 42 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Mar 2, 2010, titled South Bay restaurateur has a 'Kitchen Nightmare'. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Chef Gordon Ramsay talks with Lisa, the owner of Lido Di Manhattan, in an all-new episode of "Kitchen Nightmares," airing Thursday, March 4 on FOX.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John Mavar

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#1 Mar 3, 2010
Love this show...looking forward to watching it.
johnmavar.com
bunko

Irvine, CA

#2 Mar 3, 2010
Who was the previous owner of Lido?
bill

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 3, 2010
Lido di Manhattan is a sorry excuse for a restaurant.

Their wine list is worse than Trader Joe's!
ttt

Phoenix, AZ

#4 Mar 3, 2010
We were at this resturant the other night. Food was good. Somewhat disappointed when we asked the server what items Gordon added to the menu and she didn't know.
PiLo

United States

#5 Mar 3, 2010
Manhattan Beach doens't really have any great restaurants. Good, but not great.
Shannon

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Mar 3, 2010
Lido is my favorite restaurant! The food is consistantly excellent. I've always enjoyed the food and glad they are finally getting some exposure. The waitstaff is welcoming and friendly and they have a great extensive wine list.
Jack

Yucca Valley, CA

#7 Mar 3, 2010
Shannon wrote:
Lido is my favorite restaurant! The food is consistantly excellent. I've always enjoyed the food and glad they are finally getting some exposure. The waitstaff is welcoming and friendly and they have a great extensive wine list.
Quit acting like you don't work there!
NRed

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Mar 3, 2010
Did he tell them to fix the smell? We've been there a couple of times and the bathroom smell permeates the entire bar area.
funny

Redondo Beach, CA

#9 Mar 3, 2010
I ate there around the holidays and vowed never to come back. Food took FOR-EV-ER and half of our party got thier food served cold. We mentioned it to our server and got no real response, appology or anything. Lunch took over an hour and a half and they weren't near full. Too bad, it's a decent looking place, ok location but I with the other choices in the area I'd go just about anywhere else.
SWB

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Mar 3, 2010
I went there when I was on a business trip. The service was terrible, the food was terrible, and the place smelled like a sewer pipe had broken somewhere in the kitchen.
ok then

San Gabriel, CA

#11 Mar 3, 2010
bill wrote:
Lido di Manhattan is a sorry excuse for a restaurant.
Their wine list is worse than Trader Joe's!
Oh, Horrors!!
Patrick

United States

#12 Mar 3, 2010
Went there the other day, still sucks.
redondo

Redondo Beach, CA

#13 Mar 4, 2010
I worked at Lido 10 years ago and the bathrooms stunk back then. They still have not fixed that problem? You can smell it at the bar.
Shannon

Pittsburgh, PA

#14 Mar 4, 2010
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Quit acting like you don't work there!
I don't, but I like eating there.
Community Member

San Bernardino, CA

#15 Mar 4, 2010
Shannon wrote:
I would venture to say that if Lido had consistently excellent food, they would not have needed Gordon Ramsay to fix their problems.
bill

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Mar 4, 2010
Just another in a long list of sub-mediocre restaurants that for whatever reason the South Bay has been forced to endure for a long time. At least we have Ortega 120 and Tin Roof Bistro now.
Larry

Auburn, WA

#17 Mar 4, 2010
I noticed the bad smell before, but it is not there anymore. I inquired and was told that it wasn't just Lido that had the problem it was the shopping center area. Outside the building the sewer line had collapsed. It took the landlord awhile to get the permit, but now the problem is fixed for good.
LocalFoodguy

Tarzana, CA

#18 Mar 4, 2010
SWB wrote:
I went there when I was on a business trip. The service was terrible, the food was terrible, and the place smelled like a sewer pipe had broken somewhere in the kitchen.
It was the shopping center area. Outside the building the sewer line had collapsed. It took the landlord awhile to get the permit, but now the problem is fixed for good.
LocalFoodguy

Tarzana, CA

#19 Mar 4, 2010
bill wrote:
Just another in a long list of sub-mediocre restaurants that for whatever reason the South Bay has been forced to endure for a long time. At least we have Ortega 120 and Tin Roof Bistro now.
Bill, noticed that you don't have anything else to do but bash other people. Lido might not be the greatest restaurant in the world but it is pretty damn good. If you bothered to actually come to weekly wine tasting than you would know that wine selection is quite good. South Bay has many good restaurants, and stop comparing apples and oranges. Lido has different cousine than either place you mentioned.
billy the builder

United States

#20 Mar 4, 2010
How brave of the owner to allow someone to come in and tell them their business. Good for them for reaching out for help and smart to reach out for the publicity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kitchen Nightmares Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Kitchen Nightmares producers plant false evi... (Oct '11) Aug '16 AliSnickers 48
burger kitchen owner's son (Nov '11) Dec '15 KNK 9
fired for being hobest? (Dec '15) Dec '15 blessforbs 1
News One of TV's sweetest shows MasterChef Junior is... (Nov '14) Nov '14 caroleyu 2
News Rachael Ray Catchphrases, Ranked By Annoyingness (Oct '13) Oct '14 disgusted 8
News Chef Gordon Ramsay dishes on Season 11 of 'Hell... (Apr '13) Jul '13 amw 11
News Gordon Ramsay opens Plane Food restaurant at He... (Apr '08) Jul '13 Marbil 5
More from around the web