So, what's an Aussie think of the US ...

So, what's an Aussie think of the US version?

There are 2 comments on the www.smh.com.au story from Oct 9, 2008, titled So, what's an Aussie think of the US version?. In it, www.smh.com.au reports that:

Selma Blair as Kim and Molly Shannon as Kath. Michael Idato October 10, 2008 - 4:47PM The first episode of Kath & Kim: The American Series will hardly be remembered in the annals of comedy history with the same ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.smh.com.au.

dee

Crows Nest, Australia

#1 Oct 10, 2008
I don't need to see the US version to know that it's a failure - Kath & Kim are very specific types native to Australia, it wouldn't be possible to understand them unless you've lived here.

Some Australian humour just doesn't translate.
Angela

Narre Warren, Australia

#2 Oct 12, 2008
I think it's disgusting what they did to Kath & Kim unbelievable they ruined a great show just because they don't understand Aussie humour, yet we're expected to understand theirs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kath and Kim Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tonight & Every Night!! the Jay Leno Show Hits ... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Jim S 1
News On TV (Mar '09) Mar '09 george 1
News Downturn creates drama at NBC (Dec '08) Dec '08 Joe 1
News Struggling NBC sends 3 top executives packing (Dec '08) Dec '08 Here in Orlando 17
News 'Awful': US Kath and Kim savaged by critics (Oct '08) Oct '08 Tim 1
News Pink, Jonas Brothers Take Over TV And Movie Set... (Sep '08) Sep '08 nickponed 2
News NBC Tacks on More 'Kath & Kim' - Network increa... (Jun '08) Jul '08 Gina 8
More from around the web