pray the gay away

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#1 Mar 6, 2011
Tuesday at 10:00pm. Science channel I think. Looks like good viewing for xtians and atheists alike.
Gaybriel

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2011
Ive stated on another forum, praying does'nt work. 45 years I prayed to be hetero. Even as I no longer went to any church, stayed away from any organized religion, I still have prayed. Have'nt prayed since 1990. IF god said it's an abomination, IF god said "ask and ye shall recieve" ( as long as it's for good),than that prayer will be answered. Well, none of my prayers were answered, especially the prayer to be hetero. So, if god is against same sex attraction,then why not answer my prayer to be hetero? The "no response/answer" tells me praying is fantasy.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#3 Mar 6, 2011
Gaybriel wrote:
Ive stated on another forum, praying does'nt work. 45 years I prayed to be hetero. Even as I no longer went to any church, stayed away from any organized religion, I still have prayed. Have'nt prayed since 1990. IF god said it's an abomination, IF god said "ask and ye shall recieve" ( as long as it's for good),than that prayer will be answered. Well, none of my prayers were answered, especially the prayer to be hetero. So, if god is against same sex attraction,then why not answer my prayer to be hetero? The "no response/answer" tells me praying is fantasy.
I agree 100%. I just saw a brief ad for this program, but it looks like it might expose or at least controvert the religious nutjobs who push this religious homophobia.
Gaybriel

United States

#4 Mar 7, 2011
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. I just saw a brief ad for this program, but it looks like it might expose or at least controvert the religious nutjobs who push this religious homophobia.
Since I was young ,I did all that was suggested to become hetero. 45yrs. of trying. Then to have some religious nutjob say I need to have Jesus in my life, pray to him,like I have'nt done that, is insulting,ignorant of all my years/efforts of trying. They think I have'nt heard the methods, like I was living on a deserted island! They continue to suggest the very same tactics I have done. I'm not getting younger,only so many years left. So I stopped trying and beagn my life as I should have years ago. That's my advice to gay also trying to overcome. Don't try. Too much of my life wasted in that persuit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joel Osteen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Being Gay Is A Sin' Pastor Joel Osteen Is Sell... (Mar '16) Jun '16 Abrahammock Regions 25
News Colbert Interviews Television Preacher Joel Osteen (Mar '16) Mar '16 Three Days 1
News Snake Oil Salesman Joel Osteen Charms McCain, F... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ritual Habitual 1
News Brenda Wood Sits Down With Joel Osteen (Sep '09) Sep '13 UTB 7
News Joel Osteen: 'Homosexuality is a sin' (Jan '11) Apr '13 Twiigs_n_b3rriez 1,893
News Region 8 woman meets Joel Osteen (Mar '12) Mar '12 BuddyAtheist 10
News Video: Pastor Joel Osteen on Mitt Romney as a M... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Bubbalu 1
More from around the web